Stefon Diggs - “I watched the game five times”

BillsFan619

29 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Please explain why u think Diggs is better then Reed?  Do u realize Reed was #2 all time in Wr yards when he retired? He also was #1 in playoffs & Super Bowl until Rice beat him out in 95. He was one of the best ever at YAC & also one of the greatest blocking WRS in the history of the game.

Reed gave us some wonderful moments like the Oilers greatest comeback game with 3tds and nearly 150yds there was many more great games to many to keep track of. 

I still remember being in the crowd vs the Dolphin’s when broke there backs in the 4th quarter on Sunday night football scoring a 83yd TD what was the best thing about that TD he turned around at around the Dolphins 40yd line running backwards while mocking the Dolphins D!  

You can have your opinion I respect it but Diggs is nowhere near Andre Reed in the history of the Bills. 

Well I’ll just start by figuring the team that Reed played on. How do you think Diggs would look on a team littered with hall of famers? Or in an offense that ran as smooth as that kgun with a hall of fame RB to keep defenses honest? Plus Diggs can play on the inside or outside. The guy is doing things that no other Bills WR has ever done before and just having watched the 2, I feel like Diggs is better. NONE of this is to say Reed wasn’t great. It’s possible you can be saying a guy is great without making another guy look bad. Reed was incredible. No disrespect. I just think Diggs is better 

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Well I’ll just start by figuring the team that Reed played on. How do you think Diggs would look on a team littered with hall of famers? Or in an offense that ran as smooth as that kgun with a hall of fame RB to keep defenses honest? Plus Diggs can play on the inside or outside. The guy is doing things that no other Bills WR has ever done before and just having watched the 2, I feel like Diggs is better. NONE of this is to say Reed wasn’t great. It’s possible you can be saying a guy is great without making another guy look bad. Reed was incredible. No disrespect. I just think Diggs is better 

U have a right to your opinion but even with those Hof talents Reed stepped up on numerous occasions without Kelly and Thurman on the field just look at The Oilers game for reference.  What I get from you is that discrediting Reed accomplishments by mentioning the team he played for. I can tell u with certainty that Reed would’ve been great for any team he played for because his skill set was basically unmatched in that era his run after the catch ability was second to none and his blocking was A+ he was not only gifted but also a hard worker he would show up to for the season in excellent shape. He was a 4th rd pick from small school he earned everything he got nothing was given.

Don’t get me wrong I love Diggs his smooth route running is on the highest of levels and I also love his intensity and wasn’t bothered by what he did during the Cinny game. We need more guys with passion like that on this team.  So please try not to use the he (Reed) played on a great team excuse as if he wasn’t a big part of that greatness because if we want to nitpick like that the same can be said for many many other hof players. 

On 2/11/2023 at 11:15 AM, Billz4ever said:

So is Josh not a better QB than Jim because Jim is in the HOF?

Newsflash: Kelly’s career is complete. HOF reviewed his career and elected him in on his 1st year of eligibility. Allen? He’s FAR from finished. Try to follow along with the game.🤦‍♂️

On 2/12/2023 at 12:32 AM, GoBills808 said:

Though there are five key words said in that interview - Josh Allen is my guy.

Considering his coldness in previous interviews, I think that’s a sign of him mellowing. I do think it’s a really revealing interview, though, especially when talking about the Chiefs,

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Newsflash: Kelly’s career is complete. HOF reviewed his career and elected him in on his 1st year of eligibility. Allen? He’s FAR from finished. Try to follow along with the game.🤦‍♂️

You completely missed the point.  The debate was that Diggs is the best receiver in Bills history.  So another person brings up Reed and Lofton and that they're in the HOF.  

(And nevermind Lofton is in the HOF because of his stats with GB, not the Bills).

So following that logic, that means Kelly is better than Allen simply because he's in the HOF.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:01 AM, Big Blitz said:

I think he knows the coaches don’t have it.  

His “it’s been 3 years” response to getting over the hump is pretty telling. 

He could have said “I trust the staff to get it right or where we need to be.”

I’m not going to defend him.  I’m not going to call this disruptive either or that he’s a problem.

I am going to say this staff was finished the second that 13 seconds happened.  

I agree that is where his frustration starts and IMO he is not wrong.  They have a team that can win everything and they can't with this coaching staff.  The Coaches are very good, but, not good enough.  Hopefully they improve and make the jump.  Hope is not a plan though.

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

You completely missed the point.  The debate was that Diggs is the best receiver in Bills history.  So another person brings up Reed and Lofton and that they're in the HOF.  

(And nevermind Lofton is in the HOF because of his stats with GB, not the Bills).

So following that logic, that means Kelly is better than Allen simply because he's in the HOF.

Sorry. I can’t follow that logic. I’ve been out of elementary school for too long.

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

So the best of the best of Allen as a player is better than Kelly. But as a career? Kelly has a better career to date. Allen has to play at his best for quite a bit longer to be in the HoF conversation. 

27 minutes ago, Mango said:

So the best of the best of Allen as a player is better than Kelly. But as a career? Kelly has a better career to date. Allen has to play at his best for quite a bit longer to be in the HoF conversation. 

But whether someone is in the HOF or not has no bearing when you're talking on a season basis.  Of course Allen isn't in the HOF discussion yet, since he's only played 5 years, but Allen has already broken numerous Kelly records.  Kelly is in the HOF based on the totality of his career.  But simply talking in terms of who's better?  I don't think there's really any question that Allen is more talented than Kelly. What do you think Allen would be capable of on those Bills teams that had a good O-line and had a legit running game?  The HOF should have no bearing on this discussion. 

Same as bringing that up in a discussion of Reed vs Diggs.  Reed never had a 100-ball season.  Diggs has 4, including 3 straight and 4 of the last 5.  Reed played 16 seasons.  Diggs just completed his eighth and is only 248 catches behind him.  Diggs can be reasonably expected to pass Reed in another 2 and 1/2 seasons.  Reed had 87 career TDs.  Diggs is at 59.  Again, at current pace, is on path to pass Reed in 2 and 1/2 seasons.  Does the HOF have any bearing here?  No, not IMO.

32 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sorry. I can’t follow that logic. I’ve been out of elementary school for too long.

Sounds to me like you can't follow any logic.

Maybe pre-school is more your speed.

Edited by Billz4ever

On 2/12/2023 at 10:35 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

it’s probably reasonable to say Diggs is more complete than Reed was. Diggs will need to keep playing at the same level for another 5 or 6 years to be compared to Andre. 

21 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it’s probably reasonable to say Diggs is more complete than Reed was. Diggs will need to keep playing at the same level for another 5 or 6 years to be compared to Andre. 

At current pace, Diggs will pass Reed in catches in roughly the next 2 and 1/2 to 3 seasons.  Reed played 16 years.  Diggs just completed his 8th.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

At current pace, Diggs will pass Reed in catches in 2 and 1/2 seasons.  Reed played 16 years.  Diggs just completed his 8th.

and keep current pace for 2 1/2 more years would be pretty damn impressive. 250 more catches isn’t a small number even in this modern era game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.