Stefon Diggs - “I watched the game five times”

BillsFan619

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Truthfully, the winning formula has likely passed or at the very least is passing with wasted opportunities. 

The time to win was the last few years when Allen's contract didn't hurt the team's ability to spend and get game changing players. Make solid draft picks that upgrade your team especially on the oline. 

Fast forward to today and the Bills organization has clearly fallen short. No need to rehash the specifics. 

Alright well this means that there are only a handful of teams who can possibly win anything moving forward…. and the Chiefs are the only one with a QB on a big contract … because they’re doing it now that Mahomes contract kicked in. You’ve got like SF, JAX and maybe a few more? 

Bills can’t because of Allen’s contract 

Bengals won’t be able to because of Burrow and like 80% of their top players needing 2nd contracts. 

Chargers can’t once Herbert gets paid. 

Ravens can’t when Lamar gets paid. 

Vikings and Cowboys can’t because Cousins/Dak

Eagles are about to pay Hurts because he doesn’t have a 5th year option. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I think he knows the coaches don’t have it.  

His “it’s been 3 years” response to getting over the hump is pretty telling. 

He could have said “I trust the staff to get it right or where we need to be.”

I’m not going to defend him.  I’m not going to call this disruptive either or that he’s a problem.

I am going to say this staff was finished the second that 13 seconds happened.  

Wrong on so many levels

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Any talk of trading diggs is ludicrous

Those that want to trade him are painting a scenario that Diggs wants to leave. So they have the mentality of if you don't like it you can go. Yet they don't understand that Diggs feeling of upset or frustration are just that and not cries that he wants out.

• Like (+1) 1

At some point, there has to be some high level accountability.  Listening to the national shows we are back to the stigma of just are not able to win the big game.  The actual results back that up.  This year we were miles away from having a shot in the post season with not a lot of hope from a cap/draft standpoint of getting better.  Diggs only has 2-3 years left based on his age of peak performance, he needs to get over the hump now.

Edited by metbill
Context
  • Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m not going to defend him.  I’m not going to call this disruptive either or that he’s a problem.

I think it’s safe to say that players aren’t buying what McBeane is selling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

What I'm saying is the Bills failed to fully take advantage of a friendly Allen initial contract. That was the big opportunity to make that Super Bowl run and upgrade the team with super stars. Solidify the trenches, obtain impact players, etc... Obviously, the Bills have failed on many levels.

Doesn't mean they can't improve, make good draft picks, get more from players on the roster, avoid or limit major injuries especially from impact players, pick up new players via trade or free agency.

A healthy Allen alone is probably worth 7 or 8 wins. Certainly, the Bills can still make runs and win the Super Bowl. I won't give up that dream. However, the chances seem to be slightly fading year by year. Especially, the last two years.

The Cinci and Miami  games was really eye opening for me. It really displayed the Bills weaknesses. For me, it's difficult to feel over enthusiastic and optimistic after such performances. 

Instead, the Bills are left with holes on both lines, weak WR core, wasted drafts picks, under performing draft picks, less impactful players, and early playoff exits.

With Allen's contract things become more difficult. Beane explicitly indicates states this. The numbers just get much tighter and the ability to sign or keep big names become significantly more difficult. 

The Bengals made their Super appearance last year and KC continues to be a powerhouse despite a crappy WR core an an average defense.  Clearly, the Bills are missing something that prevents them from advancement. It's more than luck that's missing when you whiff on playoffs advancements for six straight years. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

spot on.

wont go anywhere until this entire staff is gone from top to bottom.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

By the time we get to training camp and the start of the season he’ll be just fine, but if we begin to start losing and he isn’t getting the ball that much, watch out!   
Ultimately, I think the Bills will have another successful regular season and expect them to go far in the playoffs.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills need a mature leader.  Josh is still young.  Guys like Diggs aren't going to rally or calm or focus the team.  Hopefully Von Miller can be that guy again next season.  

For all the talk of "Process", we should have more than 1 leader in the locker room. Also, not sure about the dynamics in the locker room, but by now, I would have expected Allen to be one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Of course you keep him but he needs to handle himself better on the sidelines. He has an issue to bring up with a teammate sit down or stand next to that teammate and discuss it instead of flapping his arms in front of him acting like you’re cleared for takeoff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Doing the same things over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. The Bills will be the same team next yr with no coaching changes. Diggs is frustrated and rightfully so. This is still a business and tough decisions need to be made for the betterment of the team. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think we are seeing Diggs' frustration with the Bills team.

He wants the ball and the Bills scheme, lack of weapons, and coaching/play calling limits his production. 

As the ultimate competitor he is going to voice his displeasure. Coach McD was able to squash some Diggs noise. However, that will become more difficult if the Bills can resolve these issues. He will become a problem just like we saw in Minn..

Really great insight and post. Sadly, I agree with it. 

Spot on! If the playoff futility continues, Diggs frustration will grow. At some point, seeing his prime years passing him by, he'll ask for a trade.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.