Chad Hall leaves for Jags

Dablitzkrieg

Maybe Hall was constantly whining about the need for more talent at WR and McD & Bean got tired of it?

As an aside, last year we got rid of the O line coach because the O line struggled but the Bills didn't add much in the way of talent to that unit and they regressed this year. Now we have a struggling WR group and that coach leaves.  Yea there is cause for concern.  I get that coaches don't count against the cap but the issues at O line & WR are not coaching problems but talent issues.

Seems like there's a pattern here of not putting resources into the offense but rather change the coaching to try to improve.  I guess from McD & Bean's perspective this opens up the chance for a 1st round CB and 2nd round DT to be taken in the next draft as their issues at WR will be solved by a new coach.

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

just this year, last season Davis and McKenzie had great years

Yes, but in much lesser roles with veterans above them on the depth chart. 

This, to me, suggests they may be planning on going WR early in the draft and weren’t thrilled with the development of Shakir and Davis and possibly McKenzie this season so they let him walk. 

17 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

There's a fine line for how much *some* of the coaching staff can do. Obviously, HC, OC & DC are super important, but can a WR receivers coach really help a pro player....best players in the world....concentrate, and/or have "better hands?" I guess they could force them to catch hundreds of balls a day from a machine, but concentration (dropping balls) and route discipline is all on the player, I would think.

The answer is YES.  IMO coaches in the NFL have very little to do with a guy physically getting better, its all about a guy mentally getting better.  Davis continues to catch like a gator mouth.  It's a mental mindset that the coaches should have been getting on him about.

4 hours ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

Contract up. Walked away from a WR room that loved him (and bought him a truck!) to take a lateral move. Bad look for Sean.

Or he got feedback in his OC interviews that he should learn different offensive schemes; Petersen runs more of a WC offense.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billsflyer12 said:

If he saw a lack of opportunity here in Buffalo why would he would move laterally to a team with a HC as OC?  

This seems as if Sean didn’t want him back or maybe he just wanted same job with an offensive minded coach, in warm weather and with no state tax.

I love summers in Buffalo but it would take more than a lifetime supply of Bocce pizzas and beef on wreck sandwiches to even make me consider leaving Florida to return. It’s a job for these guys, the weather and tax advantages would be enough to sway some. Jacksonville looks to be stable enough to provide a good future for him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...that's a tough one...the WR room loved him.

So how does the kool aid krowd spin this one?

His K was up and we didn't want to re-sign him?

He didn't buy into the process?

He doesn't care about winning a championship?

Maybe he'd rather live in Florida and not WNY?

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I just heard Josh Jacobs interviewed at the SB. Asked which locations he might enjoy outside of Vegas, he listed all the tax free states. That is a very real consideration. Plus, the Jags have a real QB which helps make a WR coach look better. 

No one will ever admit this is going to be a massive deal - always has been.  

All the more urgency to not waste a single Allen season.  

Shame that, was liked by a lot of the players in the WR group. Can’t get to upset if his contract was up and he thought he needed to experience a different system to really get a shot at OC in the future. I’m not sure how much he would learn from Dorsey who was learning this past year as well.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...that's a tough one...the WR room loved him.

Same thing with the safeties coach, I don't think he prepared them well enough. We need a coach who can get his positional players up to speed when guys like Diggs get doubled or hurt.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Probably more $ and tax free state and better opportunity to be next in line OC or assistant OC. Our guys love him, but did our WR's get better under him? Gabe looks bad and McKenzie flopped when given a starting role. Probably good for both sides to move on 

The fact that he didn’t get an extension tells us that McD wasn’t heartbroken to see him leave.  Based on where the guy was living in OP, I suspect he wasn’t making a ton of money.  (He’s not one of the guys who lives in Birdsong, or in one of the new build areas.)  And, the WR group probably was the second worst position group this year behind safety, so maybe it was better for everyone to move on. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.