Chad Hall leaves for Jags

Dablitzkrieg

Interesting that this is a lateral move. By all accounts he was well liked in Buffalo. I wonder if he wanted out or if we werent overly interested in having him return.

Either way maybe itll be a change for the good since our WR development was lacking last season.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

I just heard Josh Jacobs interviewed at the SB. Asked which locations he might enjoy outside of Vegas, he listed all the tax free states and was openly all about the money. That is a very real consideration. Plus, the Jags have a real QB which helps make a WR coach look better. 

EDIT: It may be a “mutual decision” to move on, just like the ST coach who moved to Jax, but the tax thing is real, especially for players who have a limited number of years. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He probably got tired of watching Dorsey call go routes all day. This doesn't help.

And what significant development took place in the WR room that tells you he wasn't part of the problem? Our WR play has been terrible the last few years outside of Diggs and Beasley, both of whom were who they are when they got here.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, jletha said:

Interesting that this is a lateral move. By all accounts he was well liked in Buffalo. I wonder if he wanted out or if we werent overly interested in having him return.

Either way maybe itll be a change for the good since our WR development was lacking last season.

I think he wants to be an OC one day. He was just falling down the totem pole here. I wish him the best until they play the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, jletha said:

If he saw a lack of opportunity here in Buffalo why would he would move laterally to a team with a HC as OC?  

This seems as if Sean didn’t want him back or maybe he just wanted same job with an offensive minded coach, in warm weather and with no state tax.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, arcane said:

And what significant development took place in the WR room that tells you he wasn't part of the problem? Our WR play has been terrible the last few years outside of Diggs and Beasley, both of whom were who they are when they got here.

Then why, other than being a Carolina retread, is Eric Washington still employed by the team?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s the question 

Would love to have been a fly on the wall in some of the discussions there.  Maybe there was some shade thrown at the WR staff for Gabe underperforming and the rest of the WR corps in general outside of Diggs. 

or

Maybe his contract was up as pointed out and he just wanted to go to nicer weather.

We'll probably never know. 

Probably more $ and tax free state and better opportunity to be next in line OC or assistant OC. Our guys love him, but did our WR's get better under him? Gabe looks bad and McKenzie flopped when given a starting role. Probably good for both sides to move on 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

I just heard Josh Jacobs interviewed at the SB. Asked which locations he might enjoy outside of Vegas, he listed all the tax free states. That is a very real consideration. Plus, the Jags have a real QB which helps make a WR coach look better. 

Am I understanding you correctly in that you don't consider Josh Allen to be a "real QB?"

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.