Russell Wilson Charity Scam

wppete

On 2/9/2023 at 11:07 PM, Richard Noggin said:

You might like Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States. I seek the most evidence-based truths I can find. Untruths about the overall frequency of non-profit malfeasance do NOT line up with reality. There is inefficiency and bloat in some non-profits, just like some/many for-profit corps, but the majority are small, threadbare, noble organizations.

I'm no fan of Russel Wilson the player. I don't know Russel Wilson the person, but I presume we wouldn't exactly hit it off.

Yes, such a non-biased telling.  

On 2/10/2023 at 8:42 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I read an article years ago and they had these published from the bigger ones.

I need to start donating again to St. Judes hospital.  I believe 100% of proceeds go to the hospital.

Agree. Many charities operate where they only give a small percentage to the cause. Not st Jude. And they are helping kids and their families with cancer. They do great work

When I was living in Scottsdale Arizona, the local news would often tell everyone who was buying the mega mansions around town. My favorite (not) was when they showed us the ridiculously extravagant home that was being purchased by the CEO of the Make a Wish Foundation.

I'm sure the cancerous dying children were relieved to know that their Charitable organization was being well compensated.

On 2/10/2023 at 10:49 AM, Augie said:

I was in real estate here in Atlanta for a few years. The nicest (and most expensive) house I was in was listed for $25 Million. It sold for $17.5 Mil…..to a TV televangelist. That made me feel ill. 

why?  They can’t make money?  Likely that person has book deals also. 

3 hours ago, Food_Pyramid_Wrong said:

When I was living in Scottsdale Arizona, the local news would often tell everyone who was buying the mega mansions around town. My favorite (not) was when they showed us the ridiculously extravagant home that was being purchased by the CEO of the Make a Wish Foundation.

I'm sure the cancerous dying children were relieved to know that their Charitable organization was being well compensated.

the CEO of that would be comparable to the CEO of a large corporation in terms of responsibilities.  It’s odd that people think they shouldn’t be compensated for that work.  Also, did her Husband have a job?  Two high incomes perhaps?  Did she inherit money?  

He's giving out 40%? Well that's better than most "charity's" out there.

Still a scam but this seems like they are specifically targeting Russ. If they went through every charity to see how much of every dollar got to the cause it would be shocking.

But hey he scammed Denver out of 250M so he isn't a Saint 🤣

On 2/10/2023 at 7:42 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I read an article years ago and they had these published from the bigger ones.

I need to start donating again to St. Judes hospital.  I believe 100% of proceeds go to the hospital.

I'm In south Alabama but shriners is a great one as well. They give 100%. Them and St. Judes are the only 2 I for sure trust.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

why?  They can’t make money?  Likely that person has book deals also. 

They raise money by promising hope, then spend it on a mansion, or at least this guy did. Little old ladies send in money they dearly need hoping to get into Heaven. You don’t have to go full blown St Francis of Assisi, but their bottom line should not be THE bottom line. They promise heaven, but they often take more than they give. What they preach is not always what they live. 

For every good televangelist out there, there are far too many Jerry Falwell’s. Too many pure scam artists. I have nothing against people of wealth, quite the opposite. But HOW you got the wealth matters to me. Buying a house for $17.5 MILLION dollars tells me they are not all about ministering to their faithful. Book deals or not. The people buying the books are the same people who watch them on Sunday’s and buying his $17.5 Mil mansion for him on 17 acres in a prime Atlanta location. 

Feel free to respond, but I probably will not reply again. That is a dirty world so many of those people live in. 

And don’t get me started on the addiction/rehab industry. Again, it sounds like a good cause, but it’s dirty as hell. 

5 hours ago, Augie said:

They raise money by promising hope, then spend it on a mansion, or at least this guy did. Little old ladies send in money they dearly need hoping to get into Heaven. You don’t have to go full blown St Francis of Assisi, but their bottom line should not be THE bottom line. They promise heaven, but they often take more than they give. What they preach is not always what they live. 

For every good televangelist out there, there are far too many Jerry Falwell’s. Too many pure scam artists. I have nothing against people of wealth, quite the opposite. But HOW you got the wealth matters to me. Buying a house for $17.5 MILLION dollars tells me they are not all about ministering to their faithful. Book deals or not. The people buying the books are the same people who watch them on Sunday’s and buying his $17.5 Mil mansion for him on 17 acres in a prime Atlanta location. 

Feel free to respond, but I probably will not reply again. That is a dirty world so many of those people live in. 

And don’t get me started on the addiction/rehab industry. Again, it sounds like a good cause, but it’s dirty as hell. 

You make good points, and I appreciate the reply and info.  I just don't have an issue with people becoming really rich pushing Jesus (and I'm not an Evangelist), but I totally get your points. 

👍

Edited by RyanC883

13 hours ago, Augie said:

They aren’t preachers, they’re entertainers.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.