Michael Irvin Removed from NFL Network Superbowl LVll Coverage

T&C

I looked at video but it didn't seem like there was anything there. 

She looked like one of those hot hotel hostesses. He approached her and she pushed him away. There seemed to be a safe distance between them after that.

We don't have the audio but surprised Irvin would get kicked off the superbowl coverage for this.

• Agree 1

On 2/8/2023 at 5:50 PM, T&C said:

The NFL Network pulled Hall of Fame Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin from Super Bowl LVII coverage following alleged misconduct Sunday at his hotel.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Michael-Irvin-removed-from-NFL-Network-Super-Bowl-coverage-after-womans-complaint-against-Cowboys-legend-204436964/?fbclid=IwAR0AB45GfhB7IF8GUDnUZyvLAjo-wOhlRjHqdkdGSW-t3q2LXYFfBCQgEIc

Guess he thought he was at the “White House” 

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

NFL Network is doing layoffs.  I wonder if they will those layoffs as an excuse to disassociate with him.

I wondered the same thing earlier, that’s why I went and pulled up the video.  If NFL Network tries to use this as an excuse to lay him off, I think they’ll have a lawsuit on their hands just like Marriott does from Irvin.  And as much as he annoys some people, he brings in viewers too.

21 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I wondered the same thing earlier, that’s why I went and pulled up the video.  If NFL Network tries to use this as an excuse to lay him off, I think they’ll have a lawsuit on their hands just like Marriott does from Irvin.  And as much as he annoys some people, he brings in viewers too.

Not any good ones.

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

As long as they do not state that is reason but just as part of general cutbacks and can cite his salary as factor they will not have an issue.

Something similar happened to me.  I was to go on disability and company would not get paid for my time which is how they billed. So they convinced customer so there would not be a gap in coverage to change job requirements so I was let go for lack of work.  I already had moved to new position before I told them I would need surgery so a change post notice was not due to job requirements change.  I talked to a laywer and was told it was a waste of money to pursue and I would have to pay up front for them to help past consultation.

• 5 months later...

[Mods: feel free to merge or delete. I searched...there were recent mentions of Michael Irvin, but not related to his legal problems. ]

Well, in news we all (apparently?) missed, Michael Irvin was reinstated to NFL Network after he settled the lawsuit:

From the article:

"Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin’s extended suspension from NFL Network ended abruptly on Sunday, amid news that he had settled his lawsuit against Marriott.

[....]

Irvin was removed from NFL Network after a Marriott employee complained about his behavior during Super Bowl week.

Jones could have ended the exile sooner, if he wanted. He has the power to influence such matters, clearly. But the timing of the events suggests that Irvin’s prolonged absence was never about any alleged misconduct. It was about the lawsuit, and the possibility that the NFL would be drawn into it.

Even if Irvin didn’t sue the league and/or if Marriott didn’t add the league as a third-party defendant, it was clear that the NFL would be expected to produce documents and provide witnesses to discuss its handling of the situation. Marriott’s front-line defense was that, in communicating a hotel worker’s complaints to the league, Marriott was doing only what the league had expressly directed it to do.

Inevitably, the league would have been involved, if the case had proceeded. And the various emails, text messages, and other communications could have put the operation in a negative light.

So the case settled, Irvin returned to NFL Network, and there are no coincidences."

• 3 months later...

Well, Michael Irvin faces more trouble:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/allen-texas-pd-investigates-allegation-against-michael-irvin

"Allen, Texas PD investigates “allegation” against Michael Irvin

The Allen, Texas Police Department has confirmed the existence of an investigation, based on a vague and unspecified “allegation.”

“There has been an allegation, but we are not prepared to release any details at this time due to our investigation being in its very early stages,” Allen PD Public Information Officer Jonathan Maness told PFT by email, in response to a question regarding whether Irvin is currently facing any type of allegation or investigation. (Obviously, we asked the question based on a tip that there is something going on.)

Irvin’s lawyer, Levi McCathern, told PFT by phone on Thursday that Irvin “vehemently denies” the allegation. “He didn’t do anything wrong or inappropriate,” McCathern said.

McCathern added that there’s “absolutely no truth” to the allegation, and that the situation “saddens me.” He predicted that this allegation, like others made in the past against Irvin, “will turn out to be much ado about nothing.”

https://nypost.com/2024/01/11/sports/michael-irvin-under-police-investigation-over-undisclosed-allegation/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=nypost_sports&sr_share=twitter

"NFL Media spokesperson Alex Riethmiller told The Post, “We’re aware of the report but don’t have any additional details at this point.”"

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.