Something very different: who we really are. 😄

Italian Bills

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I feel as though you already know everything about me.... I'm a 38 year old, British, bi-sexual, atheist that hates pop culture, social media and kids, is just to the left of Stalin politically and only knows stuff about the law, government and sports. 

Dayum

just got off work .. drinking manhattens and laughing my ass off

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hey ! I still live here, my city is Morbegno, look for it. I become a Bills fan in the 1989… and since then, never gave up. 

yes, it was 5,000 Lire at that time. 

Hey buddy. I feel sorry i wasn’t able to get a zoom call yet.. learning how to properly throw a football would be great… but right now outside is something under 30f degree 🥶

No worries my friend.  You let me know when the weather improves.  I already talked to my oldest and he said he’d be honored to help a fellow Paizan.  His mom is a Bonaventura.  Real Irish huh?  😇

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

No worries my friend.  You let me know when the weather improves.  I already talked to my oldest and he said he’d be honored to help a fellow Paizan.  His mom is a Bonaventura.  Real Irish huh?  😇

You know what ? Feeling to be a part of this great fanbase, a family, it’s a bless.

I always dreamed about the US, since i was 7/8 years old i could say, so i’ve been lucky to come there almost 15 times in my life, between my 25 and my 35 and it was always a greatness. 

Now i’m thinking to try the Green Card Lottery… and who knows, maybe one day me and my family will have the opportunity to move and start something over there. 

Anyway yes… when the cold will drop a little, we can arrange a good practice. 😄

• Like (+1) 1

I have been DYING TO KNOW what your name is, Giulio! 

Now I know!  I'm about a year older than you, of Italian ancestry, also love good food and cooking good Italian food...and am a huge Juventus fan.  I have been wondering if you also follow Juve.  You live in Juve country for sure! 

I used to live in Miami and work in law enforcement during the day. I don't sleep much, I had kind of a messed up childhood, so I kept busy with other things by night. From the outside, I had your typical life... married, had a son, was relatively close, but awkward, with my step-sister.

Appearances can be deceiving, though. Nothing's forever. Things got weird when, after my wife died and I sent my son to live with a stranger, my step-sister developed this bizarre crush on me... I felt like life jumped the shark for a bit, so I spent some time wandering after inexplicably surviving an ill advised boat trip.

Things got back on track... kinda... about 10 years later when I reunited with my son. We have a complicated relationship, though. I won't bore you with the details.

Anyway, being a Bills fan helps me keep my dark passenger in check... or does it... maybe we'll find out some day if my "code" results in you finding yourself an invited guest at my table.

Oh, and GO BILLS!! :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I have been DYING TO KNOW what your name is, Giulio! 

Now I know!  I'm about a year older than you, of Italian ancestry, also love good food and cooking good Italian food...and am a huge Juventus fan.  I have been wondering if you also follow Juve.  You live in Juve country for sure! 

You gotcha ! I’ve been a diehard Juventus ultras since four years ago; few things happened that I really didn’t like so i give up on soccer and now follow just american sports, cycling, winter sports and other. I’m a truly sports-man 😁

How you became a soccer (Juve) fan ?

2 hours ago, transient said:

I used to live in Miami and work in law enforcement during the day. I don't sleep much, I had kind of a messed up childhood, so I kept busy with other things by night. From the outside, I had your typical life... married, had a son, was relatively close, but awkward, with my step-sister.

Appearances can be deceiving, though. Nothing's forever. Things got weird when, after my wife died and I sent my son to live with a stranger, my step-sister developed this bizarre crush on me... I felt like life jumped the shark for a bit, so I spent some time wandering after inexplicably surviving an ill advised boat trip.

Things got back on track... kinda... about 10 years later when I reunited with my son. We have a complicated relationship, though. I won't bore you with the details.

Anyway, being a Bills fan helps me keep my dark passenger in check... or does it... maybe we'll find out some day if my "code" results in you finding yourself an invited guest at my table.

Oh, and GO BILLS!! :devil:

Personal stuff must remain personal, but i feel you . 

I’m sure that if i’ll have another chance to come there in vacation, you will know i’m coming so i could be guest of many of you ! 😄😄😄

I was born in CT and moved to Dallas in the early 70's with my family when my dad was transferred there for work.  Our neighbors there included Mel Renfro and Roger Staubach so I became a huge Cowboys fan, which continued after moving to OPNY in 1975.  I've been a Bills fan ever since then and the Cowboys were my 2nd favorite team until they treated Tom Landry like crap when JJ bought the team and brought in JJ.  Though I left WNY in 1984 to attend college, I've always stayed connected and would move back in a second if my Pats*** bride wasn't so attached to the northeast.  Pats*** aside for obvious reasons, people here don't understand why I still despise the Bruins and Celtics, even after living here for over 30 years (Brad Park in game 7 anyone?).  I have 3 kids in their 20's who, much to my wife's dismay, are all Bills fans.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/8/2023 at 10:00 AM, Don Otreply said:

I’m Jeff, I am 63, 210 lbs, turn 64 in July, I am retired, sold my house it Ct, and my wife and I moved onto our sailboat, in 2018, we have since then been sailing from Groton Connecticut to the Bahamas and back, up and down the east coast, stopping in places we had never been before, and returning to some of our favorites while in route, we are currently in the Exuma island chain, at Staniel Cay, anchored at Big majors spot. We hope to sail to Bermuda on our way back to Connecticut this time on the way north. That’s what I do when not here on this board being a slightly frustrated Bills fan, 😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

Where in CT?  Did you ever sail in Essex?  Frostbite races is some of the best sailors.  Or do you know Essex sailors? Ever do Soundings?

I’ve done a little sailing, but I lived awhile in Essex.  That is such a sailing down I’m a sailor by osmosis lol

Go Bills!

Edited by Pete

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.