Something very different: who we really are. 😄

Italian Bills

4 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Hey Giulio:  I’m Chris, 68, and live in God’s country, Ga.  Married a girl from Buffalo, whom I met in Brussels when traveling after college.  Just retired after 45 years as an educator.  Became a Bills fan while doing grad school at UB in the 80s.  Our 2 sons are part of Bills maffia too as their first NFL game was at Rich.  Love your country best.  I did Europe on $5 a day (or 5000 lira, lol).  I took a freight train in the livestock car from Florenza to Roma.  Love your posts.  I was wondering if you actually live in Italy.  Now I know.  How did you become a Bills fan?  Blessings!!

Hey ! I still live here, my city is Morbegno, look for it. I become a Bills fan in the 1989… and since then, never gave up. 

yes, it was 5,000 Lire at that time. 

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

My Paizan friend, I’ll respond later, as I have a crazy week, but that’s a nice question for the board.  I’ll read these posts as it tells a lot of each of us.  I just don’t want to sell short to you as I’ve offered to show you how to catch a football including a zoom call.  I know a bunch of the guys would do the same.  On that point, I think the best thing I can set up for you bud is having one of my oldest sons housemates zooming with you one weekend and we’ll play catch and we’ll show you.  Ian was an excellent QB in his youth.  I was his coach to begin his career.

well pm and see if we can make that happen maybe next weekend.  Besides I’d love to see your family.  Btw- Ian’s I think 30% Italian American.

I’ll reach out on you’re question this weekend.

Hey buddy. I feel sorry i wasn’t able to get a zoom call yet.. learning how to properly throw a football would be great… but right now outside is something under 30f degree 🥶

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

Giulio, my wife, and I are booking our next cruise on our upcoming cruise (leaving one week from today!!!). It will be a 9-day Greek Island Cruise, and the port will be Rome. We're going to stay a week in Italy, taking a bullet train to Venice and staying there for 4 or 5 days. Are you close to Venice? 

Currently taking Italian through the Pimsleur app. So I may hit you up on how to say "Do you have any vodka" in Italian. 

Anyhoo, I'm Ken. I'm 56. Work at Yahoo, I'm a Real Estate Agent, and I'm in a band. Boomerang

Hi Ken. I don’t live so close to Venice, almost 4 hours far by car. My town is Morbegno, pretty close to Milano. Would be nice meet and have a good lunch. 

Do you have any vodka in Italian ? Very easy: HAI UN PO’ DI VODKA ? 😁

• Thank you (+1) 1

My name is Jason.  I am 50 yrs old from Wyoming but live in Colorado Springs.  I am retired Army and work as a military planner for the Dept of Air Force.  I used to be a big Charger fan until they moved the team out of San Diego.  I was kind of in football limbo until a strong armed QB came out of my Alma Mater and was drafted by the Buffalo Bills.   I always had a liking for the Bills, they reminded me a lot of San Diego as a franchise.  I had a poster of Joe Ferguson in my room as a kid next to Dan Fouts, Ron Jaworkski, and Steve Bartkowski.   So it seemed like a natural fit to adopt Buffalo as my new team.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Ciao, Giulio!

I'm Tom, 59, Italian-American, originally from western NY state (about 60 miles south of Highmark Stadium.) I'm married and have a son.

I'm an engineer, instructional designer, professor emeritus, author, and armchair philosopher. After a stint in the machine tool industry, I found my true calling in higher education, where I was a professor of engineering technology for three decades. I retired from the classroom in 2018; I'm now a freelance writer and editor. My wife is also a writer and our son is a graphic artist. In my spare time, I enjoy reading books, listening to music, being in nature, watching football, and making somewhat recognizable sounds with an acoustic guitar.

I've been a Bills fan since Fergie was throwing to Bobby Chandler and OJ was famous, not infamous.

Woow Tom, you seem full of skills ! 😄

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I assume everyone's avatar is who they are in real life. I happen to be a golfing legend with a fear of alligators.

I’m a golfing legend as well.

I’m witty and affable. As well as calming presence and a skilled mediator; a lover, not a fighter. Though brutally honest and bad with names, I’m one of the most popular members of Bushwood.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am Dave.  ("Hi Dave.")  I've been a recovering Bills fan for all of my 59 (almost 60) years.  My last Bills game attended was 17 days ago....

I retired as a National Park Ranger in 2016, then worked as an Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for a hospital in the Adirondack Mountains of New York State.  My wife and I retired (again) in 2020 and started a 10-month trip around the world.  A trip that was cut short after 78 days due to the global pandemic that I had written a plan for while working as a hospital Emergency Preparedness Coordinator.  🙄  We only made it to 3 of the 20 countries we had planned.

We honeymooned in Italy and are planning to return for our 20th anniversary in 2025.  Among other areas in Italy, we want to get up to Milan and the Italian Alps.  We read the book, "Beneath a Scarlet Sky", which is now one of our favortite books.  We are so intrigued to hike in the mountains where Pino Lella guided Jews escaping into Switzerland.  The book was so well written, we can envision exactly what it looks like.  

Giulio, are you familiar with this book?  Do you know where Pino and his brother were sent to escape the Allied bombing?  When we get there, maybe we can meet up.

My name is Gug.

My head is not really a baseball.

Sometimes I like to smoke the devil's lettuce, but not very often.

My favorite Eye Talian restaurant is Olive Garden because it is authentic.

I grew up thinking I was partially Italian until I found out that my grandfather was not my biological grandfather.  He was a miserable bastard, so I'm glad I don't have his genes.  

Speaking of genes, I've never seen my dad wear jeans.  Dickies.  Always Dickies.  I think that's pretty neat.

Lots of people on this site make fun of me because they heard I have a small penis.  But my mom always told me that it's not the size of the wand that matters; it's the magic it produces.

I'm pretty sure I have children in at least three continents.

My first cat's name was Janis.

Janis died a pretty violent death, so I'd rather not talk about it.

Merrell makes my favorite footwear.

I don't have any hair on my armpits or my legs.

I always wear a belt, whether I need to, or not.

I'm a lot shorter than @LeviF.

• Haha (+1) 11

My first name is Jason.  I'm 50.  My wife and I both grew up and went to school in Indiana.  I became a Bills fan because they became an interesting team with lots of big personalities when I was in high school.  At the time, the Colts were in the AFC East, so I got to see the SB teams and also caught some of the early post-SB guys like Bryce Paup, Moulds, and Flutie.

We left for South Dakota in our mid-20s when I become a college professor.  Still there.  I've gotten to see the Bills play at Arrowhead a couple of times (not recently though) and was there for The Hurdle in Minneapolis.  Unfortunately, attending a Bills game usually means getting on a plane.  We raised both our kids here, and they're now both out of the house, which is wonderful.      

I'm Dave. Married. Two sons, one grandson. One son lives in Houston with his wife and my grandson. Other son served 10 years in Navy on Nuclear sub. Lives in Groton CT with wife expecting in May. All have been infected with Bills mania. Have lived in enemy territory (Dallas) since 1979. First game was at Rockpile ironically against Houston Oilers. Had season tickets when "Rich'" stadium opened until moved to Texas. WIfe and I make annual pilgrimage to WNY for Bills, Sabres, UB Bulls football. As long as I have been gone still call it home. Always dream of moving back. July and August tough in Texas. Only upside is don't have to shovel heat.

GO BILLS!!

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hello my dears Bills friends.

Season over, we’ve been year for five months talking about football, the Bills and all the things related on them. 

After the Cincy game we started talking about what went wrong, the reasons of our elimination and after those first days after that game, the threads are all about the FA, draft, what to do to improve the roster, prediction on the 2023-2024 season, about Beane,McD, Dorsey, Frazier, the new stadium, etc. 

I know many here will make fun of me about this thread, it’s ok… but i wanted to talk about something different. Who we really are ? 

Maybe not friends in the right meaning of the word, but sure we are friends thanks to the Bills. So let’s say who we really are in normal life, if you don’t mind, of course. 😉

Me: i’m Giulio, 52 next sept, i’m 5’9” tall and around 160lbs, live in north Italy, very close to Swisse, married with two little kids, 8 and 3, both girls… so my football days are all alone 😄 (fortunately). 

I’m an insurance agent and i played soccer for almost 35 years, now i ski (since i was 10), I cycling and and of course love to watch many other sports, nba and baseball also. 

Ohh.. i was forgetting this: i really love good food.. but how I couldn’t ? I’m italian. 😁

We can start knowing each other a little bit… also if i know that some of you are close friends already, in life and not only here.

I live in Napoli, just spent the holidays in the Dolomites.  

28 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

I am Dave.  ("Hi Dave.")  I've been a recovering Bills fan for all of my 59 (almost 60) years.  My last Bills game attended was 17 days ago....

I retired as a National Park Ranger in 2016, then worked as an Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for a hospital in the Adirondack Mountains of New York State.  My wife and I retired (again) in 2020 and started a 10-month trip around the world.  A trip that was cut short after 78 days due to the global pandemic that I had written a plan for while working as a hospital Emergency Preparedness Coordinator.  🙄  We only made it to 3 of the 20 countries we had planned.

We honeymooned in Italy and are planning to return for our 20th anniversary in 2025.  Among other areas in Italy, we want to get up to Milan and the Italian Alps.  We read the book, "Beneath a Scarlet Sky", which is now one of our favortite books.  We are so intrigued to hike in the mountains where Pino Lella guided Jews escaping into Switzerland.  The book was so well written, we can envision exactly what it looks like.  

Giulio, are you familiar with this book?  Do you know where Pino and his brother were sent to escape the Allied bombing?  When we get there, maybe we can meet up.

Hi Dave. Honestly never read that book, i’ll ask my favorite library about it. It would be nice meet you the next time you’ll be here. 

20 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I live in Napoli, just spent the holidays in the Dolomites.  

And why you live here ? Military career ?

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I grew up thinking I was partially Italian until I found out that my grandfather was not my biological grandfather.  He was a miserable bastard, so I'm glad I don't have his genes.  

That's funny, Gug.  I actually grew up thinking I was German, and only recently found out that my miserable bastard German grandfather wasn't my bio-G.  That guy is some Italian dude per 23AndMe.  

Then again, outside of the small penis thing, I'm not sure if anything you've written resembles the truth.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Haha (+1) 3

Hi. 

My name is at Ari. I'm 31, single, live in Ontario Canada. 

I grew up watching the Bills when I was younger. We had a TV with the bunny ears antenna that would only get 3 channels. Channel 9 (CTV) played the Bills on Sundays at 1. I've tried to watch them every since. It's a comfort for me. A remembrance of simpler times. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm Steve.   I live in southwest Ohio, north of Cincinnati.  I became a Bills fan when I went to the University of Buffalo in the late 70's.   I watch the games at a local bar with about 100 of my closest Bills fans friends.  One day, hopefully soon, I'll see the Bills win a Super Bowl.  I'm 65, so it better be soon. 

7 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

My name is Jason.  I am 50 yrs old from Wyoming but live in Colorado Springs.  I am retired Army and work as a military planner for the Dept of Air Force.  I used to be a big Charger fan until they moved the team out of San Diego.  I was kind of in football limbo until a strong armed QB came out of my Alma Mater and was drafted by the Buffalo Bills.   I always had a liking for the Bills, they reminded me a lot of San Diego as a franchise.  I had a poster of Joe Ferguson in my room as a kid next to Dan Fouts, Ron Jaworkski, and Steve Bartkowski.   So it seemed like a natural fit to adopt Buffalo as my new team.

I grew up in Colorado Springs. I really liked it there. It's a good city.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m 44, and a proud father of 3 who are shocked if they see me in anything other than Bills gear when I’m not at work as a lawyer who wishes he’d become a history professor instead 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’m also a fluent German speaker as that’s where my family is from, and grew up in Pittsburgh Steelers country. Finally, pasta is my favorite food  (fried spaghetti is highly underrated) and I have an Italian coworker—so we have a lot in common OP, I’m sure! 😀

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.