Jessie Pegula reveals more about Kim

extrahammer

16 hours ago, KHAN said:

Proud to be a fan of the teams owned by this family.

Prayers to the families of the victims and the Pegula family. 💔

That is one man who loves his wife very much.  

Personally, I know how those sweet Korean girls can burrow into your heart.

Keep getting better Kim!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, KHAN said:

Proud to be a fan of the teams owned by this family.

Prayers to the families of the victims and the Pegula family. 💔

Takes a lot to be a public figure for something that someone so special to you was ingrained in. 

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

That is one man who loves his wife very much.  

Personally, I know how those sweet Korean girls can burrow into your heart.

Keep getting better Kim!  

I am sorry, what? 

This is really really weird.

• Agree 8

21 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Did not watch press conference until you posted this.  I agree with you on Terry.  Terry was the hockey fan and Kim the football fan so transition plan worries me,

I find these type of press conferences really irritating.  It is like going to a movie and all of the credits are in front part of the movie after suffering ads for 10 to 20 minutes.  There is a reason why people leave when credits start playing and why some studios felt need to add extra scenes mid and post credits - it is boring! Political ones are worse and this was more political than football too.

Irritable eh?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:05 PM, Beck Water said:

Useful even if you're not aging - unfortunately children and young people suffer adverse medical events too (little girl in car struck by Britt Reid one example)

It's beyond the scope here so I'll STFU after this, but it really rots my socks that we've evolved this horrible medical insurance system where physicians and hospitals have to maintain these huge departments of people to handle, file, and re-file medical claims.  There's a cost to re-file and pursue a claim, so hospitals and physicians balance when to re-file and when to write off - and insurance companies exploit this.  Then the consumer, who is paying for a service they are entitled to receive, is often stuck with the bill and has to figure out how to fight it. 

I had my wake-up call when I read an article about Christopher Reeve, where he discussed how many of his health insurance claims were denied and how much time he and his family had to spend challenging the denials.  I was like "*****, if they'll screw over a public figure like Superman, they'll literally screw over anyone."

Over and Out

What's been grinding my gears recently is the state of medical care. NP's in accelerated programs to graduate with a "masters" in 18 months and you'll never know if you're seeing an MD or a NP in most cases at a hospital, especially in the emergency room. Diagnostocs are getting missed more and more, and nurses just don't have the training to provide care needed for many events but we, the consumer, are paying for a doctor's care, expecting educated professionals when all we are getting are fast tracked basics trained NP's and RN's.

And when we go to the doctor we are getting charged with a doctor's consult after never having a consult with an actual MD. Hell, my stepson had an eye infection and the NP never even looked at his eye and we were charged a physical exam and consultation. We notified the insurance company and the medical board about the fraud after we had informed the manager of the practice of the issue that went ignored.

Further, an acquaintance recently died after being misdiagnosed by a series of non-doctors, so it's a fresh annoyance.

1) It blows my mind that people don't request doctors in medical emergencies

2) it blows my mind people don't read the transcripts for their medical bills (my wife was charged for a C-section when she didn't get one!)

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, boyst said:

What's been grinding my gears recently is the state of medical care. NP's in accelerated programs to graduate with a "masters" in 18 months and you'll never know if you're seeing an MD or a NP in most cases at a hospital, especially in the emergency room. Diagnostocs are getting missed more and more, and nurses just don't have the training to provide care needed for many events but we, the consumer, are paying for a doctor's care, expecting educated professionals when all we are getting are fast tracked basics trained NP's and RN's.

And when we go to the doctor we are getting charged with a doctor's consult after never having a consult with an actual MD. Hell, my stepson had an eye infection and the NP never even looked at his eye and we were charged a physical exam and consultation. We notified the insurance company and the medical board about the fraud after we had informed the manager of the practice of the issue that went ignored.

Further, an acquaintance recently died after being misdiagnosed by a series of non-doctors, so it's a fresh annoyance.

1) It blows my mind that people don't request doctors in medical emergencies

2) it blows my mind people don't read the transcripts for their medical bills (my wife was charged for a C-section when she didn't get one!)

1) the vast majority of medical outpatient visits are for chronic problems.  Your doctor doesn't need to re-dose your antihypertensives and insulin and tell you to stop drinking smoking and eating.  Plus, your doctor may not want to work in your town.  Also, he/she may be incompetent all on his/her own.

2) your wife's insurance didn't reimburse for a non-existent C-section....

Reading something like that makes everything aside from health seem so unimportant & trivial.

I'm so glad she shared this.  The positive vibes from this community can only help.  Hoping for the best possible outcome.

20 hours ago, boyst said:

I went to a "doctor" and only saw a PA (Physician's assistant) and was prescribed a medication for acute insomnia where I was sleeping a few hours a week.  It made no difference and I returned.  I again only saw a PA and prescribed a different medication. I woke up one night after an hour of sleep and took medication and did not realize I already took medication and I took older medication.  I was not warned to not take medication together due to some possible bad side effects and this resulted in memory loss. I returned to doctor's office and was told "Did you not read disclosure? It warns about this." meaning PA knew of interaction between drugs and did not tell me.  I went home and read carefully disclosures on both drugs and neither mentioned this issue nor mentioned ingredient.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:05 PM, Beck Water said:

Useful even if you're not aging - unfortunately children and young people suffer adverse medical events too (little girl in car struck by Britt Reid one example)

It's beyond the scope here so I'll STFU after this, but it really rots my socks that we've evolved this horrible medical insurance system where physicians and hospitals have to maintain these huge departments of people to handle, file, and re-file medical claims.  There's a cost to re-file and pursue a claim, so hospitals and physicians balance when to re-file and when to write off - and insurance companies exploit this.  Then the consumer, who is paying for a service they are entitled to receive, is often stuck with the bill and has to figure out how to fight it. 

I had my wake-up call when I read an article about Christopher Reeve, where he discussed how many of his health insurance claims were denied and how much time he and his family had to spend challenging the denials.  I was like "*****, if they'll screw over a public figure like Superman, they'll literally screw over anyone."

Over and Out

They put the burden on the patient to fight this crap more and more.   Its so broken

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.