Jessie Pegula reveals more about Kim

extrahammer

1 hour ago, eball said:

Anyone else envision Jesse taking a much more prominent role in the running of these two franchises at some point down the road?

What an amazing, strong woman.

And of course, continued best wishes to Kim on her recovery.

Give it time. Once her career is either over OR she's satisfied with living her dream, I can see her getting heavily involved. 

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hopefully the guy on this board that keeps complaining about "Not wanting to hear how the Bills had to overcome adversity" reads this article.  This goes beyond football, but Kim was a huge part of the organization, even going as far to make the players cookies.  You think that didnt weigh on them?

Keep going Kim.   You have an entire city behind you.  

I'm the one that said that and I read the article

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

If & when it gets to the point that she inherits the team, if I was in her shoes, I'd sell the team in a NY minute. The Bills have a $3.4 billion value right now, and that's likely to go up too. Gotta think that running/managing the Bills AND the Sabres is a LOT of work, and probably stressful too. And as somebody else mentioned earlier, there will be a large inheritance tax to be paid too. I'd sell, take the money and disappear, and live the life most people could only dream about. 😉

Jessica is a professional athlete. In the most horrible circumstances, she played Wimbledon and with the Damar Hamlin situation, knowing her mom went through the exact same situation and held that within the family, had a very good Australian Open, she may want to embrace the challenge of running the Bills and Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Jessica is a professional athlete. In the most horrible circumstances, she played Wimbledon and with the Damar Hamlin situation, knowing her mom went through the exact same situation and held that within the family, had a very good Australian Open, she may want to embrace the challenge of running the Bills and Sabres. 

Still wish the NFL could be forced to sell the team to the fans like green bay such bs that wasnt allowed anymore. 

• Eyeroll 2

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

This season was just unbelievable.  I cannot believe people are still blaming coaches for one loss after everything the team went through this year.  It is a miracle we won 13 games and a playoff game to be honest.  Wishing her a continued recovery.

Found McDermott’s burner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Terry's pain is felt as well, He seems like anyone's Dad, "I'll just sit in the car and wait", "I'm not going home without her". A devoted husband, maybe stubborn, but old school devotion.

Yeah, I'm of the opinion 'there are no good billionaires,' but that part wrecked me. Pretty much the plot of The Notebook.

Hopefully Kim continues to improve. She's fortunate enough to have access to every possible treatment, both established and experimental. And there's been some incredible research and development the last couple years in the realm of improving cognitive function after a TBI or other such event.

I don't think that any other team in the league has the kind of ownership and community that the Bills do. What an unbelievable season. I pray we don't have to go through another one like this for a long, long time, if ever again.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

If & when it gets to the point that she inherits the team, if I was in her shoes, I'd sell the team in a NY minute. The Bills have a $3.4 billion value right now, and that's likely to go up too. Gotta think that running/managing the Bills AND the Sabres is a LOT of work, and probably stressful too. And as somebody else mentioned earlier, there will be a large inheritance tax to be paid too. I'd sell, take the money and disappear, and live the life most people could only dream about. 😉

It would definitely be something to think about… unless you really just loved the business part. 

4 hours ago, Draconator said:

Cardiac Arrest, her other daughter saves Kim's life, but some brain damage. Kim can read, and write and has limited speaking abilities, but is still in recovery in a care facility.

What an ordeal

I don’t know of too many other teams that have experienced more tragedies than this team has faced this year starting with Dawson’s brother🤦‍♂️ May next season bring better luck and circumstances….🙏🙏🙏

• Like (+1) 1

Oh my. What a sobering, heartfelt, raw, and emotional read. 

I continue to send positive and healing vibes to the family and the Sabres and Bills, who have endured a really challenging period of time.  This article should give, both, pause and clarity to those that kept wondering and speculating.

Channeling the most genuine and sincere gentleman of the Bills, Marv Levy, as I read this article not only do I agree with a poster above of Terry coming across as the quintessential "dad", I can also see him reiterating this outloud:

"Fight on, my men," says Sir Andrew Barton,
"I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I'll lay me down and bleed a while,
And then I'll rise and fight again."

Pulling for the Pegula family.......Terry and Kim will fight again.

Go Bills!

10 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

I do hope the aphasia is correctable. 

As I understand it, it largely is not correctable.   It's caused by brain damage suffered as the result of inadequate blood flow.  That's why CPR from the very beginning is so important; CPR keeps some blood flowing to the brain until they can restart the heart.  With inadequate blood flow, brain cells start dying, and those cells cannot be regenerated.  Apparently, the patient can't make progress in the first few days and weeks, bringing damaged cells back on line, but after that it becomes very difficult. 

People with aphasia essentially have to train other, unused brained cells to do the work of the cells that have died.  Training brain cells is pretty easy in infants - that's why they're language and intelligence grows so fast in the early years, but it's pretty difficult in adults.  People who make progress usually work very hard, with good speech and language therapists. 

It's much difficult, long-term work than coming back from an ACL repair or something like that.   The tissue around the knee repairs itself, and rehabilitation is mostly about getting that tissue reconditioned.   What Kim is trying to do is more like not fixing the ACL and trying to train other muscles to compensate.   Progress is slow, and patients tend to get discouraged.   She's blessed with serious personal determination, a supportive family, and essentially unlimited resources.   I wish her well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

Cardiac Arrest, her other daughter saves Kim's life, but some brain damage. Kim can read, and write and has limited speaking abilities, but is still in recovery in a care facility.

What an ordeal

This still doesn't feel real. Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The story also explains why Terry did not speak publicly after the Demar Hamlin incident. Obviously, having another cardiac arrest tragedy was more than he could bear. He received a lot of criticism for that at the time, wholly unwarranted.

Terry shouldn't have to explain anything to anyone.  He almost lost his wife. His daughter jumped in and saved her just like Denny did for Damar.  What a crazy year....

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.