Bills now no longer have 2 fifths but one fifth and one sixth

dave mcbride

Hines’ playing time/production exacted a fifth round pick rather than a sixth from the Bills. The Bills have six picks in total now - one each in rounds one through six. Definitely not great for an important draft year. The picks are all late-round ones except for the fifth rounder, which is from AZ. I have to think they’ll try desperately to trade out of the late first for more picks unless a player they love at either WR or OL falls to them.

37 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I have no idea just a guess but I feel it was the two kick return TDs that did it.

Agreed.

26 minutes ago, nucci said:

isn't every year an important draft year?

In the abstract, yes, but if you're a built-to-win now team, It's less important when you have a ton of cap space and can spend money on high end FAs. The Bills can't do that. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Agreed.

In the abstract, yes, but if you're a built-to-win now team, It's less important when you have a ton of cap space and can spend money on high end FAs. The Bills can't do that. 

So the 5th round pick becoming a sixth was the straw that broke the camel’s back and doomed the Bills?  Shirley.

• Haha (+1) 1

It would be nice to have more picks for sure especially this year but i believe Beane will do what he does & find a handful of players that can contribute this year i just hope a few of them can be in place during OTA's & prove they are worthy starters like Teller would have been .

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

Yes.  We are entering the season of saying the same things about the draft we did the previous 10 years and claiming as a new thought.  

Cmon, this is most important draft since drafting Bruce since we need to protect the most important player since Bruce.  Now that’s a new thought. Lol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.