Predict the 2023 bills record

major

I need to see what we do in the offseason first, it could make a difference. If they dedicate this offseason to drafting oline and WRs, then I think post a similar record to this year, maybe even take the 1 seed. 

If we fail to give Allen time in the pocket and another reliable fast receiver opposite of Diggs, then we likely take a step back and go 11-6 . 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What the Bills do in the regular season means nothing.  It's all about postseason wins.

Sadly this is where I'm at. I'll still enjoy each and every game. But none of the stats or rankings will mean anything to me. I'll be waiting for the playoffs to see if this coaching staff can finally do it when it counts.

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sadly this is where I'm at. I'll still enjoy each and every game. But none of the stats or rankings will mean anything to me. I'll be waiting for the playoffs to see if this coaching staff can finally do it when it counts.

19 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The regular season ride is always more enjoyable to reflect upon when able to board the post season train.

I agree that it is sad, in a way.  I will say that even in this current season, I loved all of the regular season success.  But I did let myself get wrapped up in the top 3 offense and defense rankings, even though in the back of my mind I saw the deficiencies.

But I've always been a firm believer in anything can happen in the postseason once you get there.  But the last couple years have really sucked the (football) life out of me.

I'm sure that by next summer I'll be all amped up again and I'll still be jacked up for all of the regular season success the Bills will likely have.

But a greater part of me than ever is saying, "enough is enough ... you have one of the best QBs in the NFL ... get to the f*cking Super Bowl."

I think any long-term Bills fan should feel that way, personally.

• Like (+1) 2

Way too many question marks right now.  Need to see how this team looks next summer. If they can give Allen what he needs / make a miracle happen on both sides of the line, we can be very successful again. If not, I fear a 9-8, 10-7 type season… and hopefully enough to sneak into the playoffs. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What the Bills do in the regular season means nothing.  It's all about postseason wins.

What they do in the regular season determines if they make it to the postseason to win anything.

You should be very concerned about the regular season.

That said.  My prediction is 12-5.   Depending on moves made in FA and the draft (specifically,

offensive line/ WR) they could surpass that prediction.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Problem is Bills fans were subjected to nearly 2 decades of failure and mediocrity. Subsequently, many fans are so happy to have a Bills regular season winning record, AFC East titles,  and consistent playoff appearances. If you will the "bar" is set low.

Winning a Super Bowl almost seems unattainable. Yet, we fantasize about the Bills hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. We remain hopeful despite the overt signs that it's unlikely to happen. Years pass and the so called window gets smaller and smaller. Other teams surpassed the Bills while others are on it's doorstep. The time to hoist that Lombardi trophy was the last two years. Two years of wasted opportunity. How many more opportunities will present itself? 

As a fan, it hard to be overly enthusiastic about their return. They have been repeatedly out coached in the playoffs. I see a path where that continues. How can Bills fans can trust this regime in the playoffs? 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Way too many question marks right now.  Need to see how this team looks next summer. If they can give Allen what he needs / make a miracle happen on both sides of the line, we can be very successful again. If not, I fear a 9-8, 10-7 type season… and hopefully enough to sneak into the playoffs. 

I agree. I think the team is on the decline because it has many holes to fill with limited resources to rectify them.

Both sides of the line are not good. Big question marks at RB. The WR core has a great #1 and then drops off the cliff. 

There will be injuries to deal with next year. That's just football. Which players will step up or disappoint? 

Lastly, the Bills have a Fraizer lead defense with a scheme that just doesn't win in the playoffs. A Dorsey who underpreformed and hurt the Bills offense especially in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.