Favorite season of the Allen era?

Mikie2times

2020 was peak Allen if we are looking at full seasons (obviously last year's playoffs was the best we've seen, he was perfect).

2020 was so fun. It was also new. He had a small slump mid season but otherwise was unbelievable, the accuracy, tight window and sideline throws, scrambles. Every game was a highlight reel. 

Lots of 2020 responses and I agree, Josh was insane that year. It was an MVP quality year. Not sure if it was his elbow, but defenses just wouldn't let him get to the sideline to create like he could in 2020. That was Josh prior to massive reals of game film and every team trying to take away his best. He will have to adapt to it. I think most teams will slow rush him, spy him, force our weak line to block, and force Josh to check down or win from the pocket. 

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Why is no one saying 2020…that was arguably his best season.  He had time to pass and was absolutely dealing from the pocket.  I hope to see that again in 2023

I think with expectations down and no crowd distractions the team was focused and had fun playing. I'll say 2020 and the conference championship appearance. 

2 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

2021. He came into form late in the season and looked unstoppable in the playoffs. Had the thing that shall not be referenced not happened, I truly feel he’d have smoked the Bengals and likely the Rams. It was *seconds* away. 

I do think he gets the job done eventually. I just feel like that would have been such an unbelievable run had things ended differently. 

I too think the Bills win the SB last year if not for 13 Seconds.

That was our season. It was ours for the taking. And we blew it.

• Agree 1

2020 was the best regular season imo. But a brutal AFCCG showing.  Offense and defense failed. 

2021 was a tougher season to watch, but at least our offense came to play in the seasoning ender. 

2022- regular season was exhausting. When we lost, I was glad it was over.  No more stress caused by a team that didn’t have what it takes after some huge injuries and emotions put through the wringer.  In the end, the offense and defense failed in the big game.

3 season ending defeats-  3 terrible showing by the defense-  2 terrible showing by the offense.  

My vote goes to 2020-  that’s when Josh Allen became Josh Allen.  That was the season I knew we’d be a SB contender for years to come.  Hope.  That’s all we can ask for

• Like (+1) 2

2020 was amazing.  It felt like the Bills were finally back.  I know the San Francisco game was already referenced but what about the beatdown we put on Denver that year?  I didn't attend but the airport party after we locked up the first AFC East title in 25 years looked insane.  Beating Baltimore to make it to the AFC Championship game.  Such a fun season.  

• Like (+1) 1

2020.  Not even close.  He torched defenses.  It was a thing of beauty.  Some of those passes in the San Fran and Denver games were absurd.  It was like watching Bonds hit 70 home runs.  Wasn’t even fair to those defenses.  Defenses adjusted, our OL stinks and we haven’t given him any more weapons.  Go get a high end #2WR and get a stud on the OL.  

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that’s the first thing I noticed too. Our offense the second half of this past season just went into bizzaro world. 

I feel like it was around half time of the GB game.  Honestly, I didn't really care for the game plan for PIT, either.  Stats were super gaudy, but I thought that it was a bit of Fool's Gold.

Watching how sharp and precise the offense was in Week 1 gives me hope that Dorsey has it in him to game plan an efficient, smart offense.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I feel like it was around half time of the GB game.  Honestly, I didn't really care for the game plan for PIT, either.  Stats were super gaudy, but I thought that it was a bit of Fool's Gold.

Watching how sharp and precise the offense was in Week 1 gives me hope that Dorsey has it in him to game plan an efficient, smart offense.

agreed. What is troubling though is I felt everyone beat the drum of returning to a shorter, quick release game plan the second half of the season, and yet they never did. I just don’t get it at all. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.