Favorite season of the Allen era?

Mikie2times

I don't think win total equates to happiness. Happiness is just a weird thing in general. Arguably the best we ever played was at the end of the 2021 season. Still, how that concluded, I just can't rank that one as the the one I enjoyed the most. To me, my favorite Josh Allen year was actually the 2019 season. Sure, we had ended the drought, but 2019 was the first major signal that we were back. That Allen was a stud. The Dallas Thanksgiving game was special. The fumble recovery turned into beast mode first down perhaps captured Josh as well as any play in his career. We were ascending in all facets of the game into what we had been dreaming of for decades. It was exciting. Even with the disappointment of the the Houston game, we seemed to have everything in front of us. Thing is, we still do. It just depends on how you look at things. For every action is an equal an opposite reaction. That is true of the board right now. Still, some years are just damn fun and 2019 was one of them. I hope we find that excitement again. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, arcane said:

2020 easily, even with covid. I had never seen anything like 13 wins. Or anything like playoff wins. 

When I'm talking to a drought era born fan, it's like when they talk about what life was like before the outbreak on walking dead. I feel for you. It's so bizarre to have experienced this version as the only successful version.    

2021. He came into form late in the season and looked unstoppable in the playoffs. Had the thing that shall not be referenced not happened, I truly feel he’d have smoked the Bengals and likely the Rams. It was *seconds* away. 

I do think he gets the job done eventually. I just feel like that would have been such an unbelievable run had things ended differently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

When I'm talking to a drought era born fan, it's like when they talk about what life was like before the outbreak on walking dead. I feel for you. It's so bizarre to have experienced this version as the only successful version.    

To be honest there are not many successful versions in Buffalo's history.😂

But if they want to know what, let's say 90-92 was like, imagine similar regular season success(1990-92 - 37-11, 2020-22 - 37-12) except going to(And losing) the Super Bowl every year. Including the infamous "wide right" game, easily the most heart breaking loss in my 45 years of being a fan.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I don't think win total equates to happiness. Happiness is just a weird thing in general. Arguably the best we ever played was at the end of the 2021 season. Still, how that concluded, I just can't rank that one as the the one I enjoyed the most. To me, my favorite Josh Allen year was actually the 2019 season. Sure, we had ended the drought, but 2019 was the first major signal that we were back. That Allen was a stud. The Dallas Thanksgiving game was special. The fumble recovery turned into beast mode first down perhaps captured Josh as well as any play in his career. We were ascending in all facets of the game into what we had been dreaming of for decades. It was exciting. Even with the disappointment of the the Houston game, we seemed to have everything in front of us. Thing is, we still do. It just depends on how you look at things. For every action is an equal an opposite reaction. That is true of the board right now. Still, some years are just damn fun and 2019 was one of them. I hope we find that excitement again. 

2019 was exciting because we were up and coming, 2022 is disappointing because many of us feel like we reached our peak and it wasnt high enough. Theres zero confidence that a championship caliber team can be built around Allen. Cody Ford started the 2019 playoff game, he didnt plan out. Ed Oliver was our Top 10 pick, while he’s good enough to be on the field, he’s not worth the $10M his 5th year option pays and certainly not worth a big money long term deal, he might get traded for a Day 3 pick. 2019 was promise, 2022 is wasted opportunity.

but my answer is “The Next One”

Edited by uticaclub
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, harmonkillebrew said:

2020 was pretty magical. 13-3. Allen took huge steps forward, as did the entire team. Ran the AFCE and made it to the AFC Championships despite getting blitzed by KC in the end.

Johnsons pick 6 is probably the most memorable play (my opinion)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, arcane said:

2020 easily, even with covid. I had never seen anything like 13 wins. Or anything like playoff wins. 

if that was the year when we played the Niners in Arizona, then I agree. I absolutely loved that win. Josh was so insanely dialed in. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Why is no one saying 2020…that was arguably his best season.  He had time to pass and was absolutely dealing from the pocket.  I hope to see that again in 2023

I think because many of us knew we couldn't hang with KC yet and we couldn't. The 38-24 score didn't tell the whole story, we were losing 38-15 with 7:30 left in the game. Last year we could. For the first time since the early 90s I saw a Bills offense really click in the playoffs. Boy I've really missed that.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

if that was the year when we played the Niners in Arizona, then I agree. I absolutely loved that win. Josh was so insanely dialed in. 

It was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I think because many of us knew we couldn't hang with KC yet and we couldn't. The 38-24 score didn't tell the whole story, we were losing 38-15 with 7:30 left in the game. Last year we could. For the first time since the early 90s I saw a Bills offense really click in the playoffs. Boy I've really missed that.

It was.

i just found a little highlight clip on twitter from the game, and added to my post above. Be still, my heart! 

2021 was fun for the first 5 weeks and then as annoying as 2022 until those 7.9 playoff quarters. I did enjoy those playoff games but 2020 was so much more fun for a much longer stretch than 2021. We were 7-6 in 2021 after the wind game and the OT loss at Tampa, and 3 of the 4 wins to close out the regular season are 3 of the most forgettable games in the allen era. Panthers, Falcons, Jets

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.