what is going on here?

RyanC883

This was after the game that basically the entire team was dealing with heat exhaustion. Allen was exhausted and gave it his all and lost.

I thought it was kind of a cool moment, actually. Tua recognized how hard Allen fought for it and recognized how hard it would be to come up short under those circumstances.

It was just one of those human moments.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

My honest opinion?

A player was exhausted after an absolutely exhausting and brutally hot game -- during which he put forth every last bit of effort he possibly could and still came up short -- and took a moment to exhale and embrace a friend on the field, and that anyone who makes any kind of big deal about it or dislikes it or views it as a weakness or "bad look" is merely projecting their own insecurity and should probably examine why the picture bothers them to begin with.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Einstein said:

I do admit I miss the days where we had true rivalries and teams couldn't stand each other.

Remember Cox flipping off our fans heading into (out of?) the tunnel?

Jocks need to be jocks. I missed the days when sportsmanship wasn't considered a weakness.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/6/2023 at 6:30 PM, MJS said:

This was after the game that basically the entire team was dealing with heat exhaustion. Allen was exhausted and gave it his all and lost.

I thought it was kind of a cool moment, actually. Tua recognized how hard Allen fought for it and recognized how hard it would be to come up short under those circumstances.

It was just one of those human moments.

Exactly how I seen it.  

Anyone questioning this has never been to the absolute top level of competition in any way shape or form.   I’m not just talking about sports either.   To compete at a level where you and your competition is considered the best of the best and you put everything you humanly have into something and fall short but have the respect…no!   The admiration or your competition because they know their path may not have been as difficult or they didn’t have to work as hard as you to come out on top….yeah that’s that pic.   Tua knew.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.