Keenan Allen could be a cap casualty according to reports

This is the exact move I think the Bills should make and I think they will if they can make room. Beane likes proven Wide Receivers like Beasley, Diggs, Brown, Emmanuel Sanders that he can plug & play immediately. This gives them more flexibility in the draft for offensive line. With a plug & play guy, they don’t have to worry about the growing pains of a rookie WR. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is the exact move I think the Bills should make and I think they will if they can make room. Beane likes proven Wide Receivers like Beasley, Diggs, Brown, Emmanuel Sanders that he can plug & play immediately. This gives them more flexibility in the draft for offensive line. With a plug & play guy, they don’t have to worry about the growing pains of a rookie WR. 

He's probably going to want at $15M per and may very well want a multiyear deal.  

That's exactly what we can't have and Beane has said as much for next season.

Signing high priced FA's is not a sustainable or a wise model for building a team.  

The Bills need to develop players through the draft that are on rookie contracts.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

Yuck. 

Allen is solid. We need a playmaker.

Allen > Davis

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Need a younger WR.

Draft one

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd rather spin the wheels on Michael Thomas if that's the case

Allen misses games.

Thomas misses seasons.

• Like (+1) 3

There will probably have a high bidding war for him but he's been around long enough and made a lot of money so I could see him going to a contender on a cheap deal. But most likely he can go to a contender on an expensive deal. Would absolutely love to have him here. Obviously the preference is you can draft the right guy and you get a stud #2 WR on a cheap contact but just not sure we'll get that guy where we are picking and with what the FO tends to do in the draft. But if you could get him and then take O Line with your first 2 picks plus a cheap veteran, you've solved two big holes

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I get why the Chargers want him off the books. I don't see how he signs anywhere for less than 15 mil a year.

No thank you. We have to create cap room as it is. I'm not paying $15 mil to an injury prone 30 yo WR. $5 mil ... sure. $15 mil ... no freaking way.

Draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round and sign a lower price veteran WR who can play on the outside to push Gabe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

How old do you think Diggs is?  Just playing devils advocate.  Although,  this man is hurt every year

Diggs is 29. So yeah, I would expect to get about 3 more good years out of him. Keenan Allen I would expect to get 2, but he is hurt more often.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's get him. He can play 2 snaps the opening game, tear a hammy and a be out 12 weeks. Let's Goooo

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Here are his stats for reference from https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleKe00.htm.  Yes his hamstring caused missed games this year, but he was on pace for a Pro Bowl type year based on his 2017-2021 run.  Again, not advocating one way or the other, just putting information out there if we are seeking an alternative to a WR opposite of Diggs.  Allen is a known as one of the best route runners in the NFL and would help reduce double teaming of Diggs.  

image.thumb.png.7f9b9eb2e9cddfd92add734ca7e68eee.png

I didn't realize he had 66 catches and he missed like 8 weeks

Edited by Buffalo03

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We need a Chase/ Waddle young speed wr on a 5 yr rookie contract. Players like Hopkins or Allen don't interest me anymore. 

I mean we won’t get that but we need to hit on a rookie contract WR that can develop into a top 2 WR. I don’t think we can expect a late 1 or 2 round WR to impact much next year.

We might have to sign a WR with talent that has upside. Someone in the $8-10 million range who has upside as a WR2 this upcoming season. A DJ Chark possibly. Make the 1st year cap hit low.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Let's get him. He can play 2 snaps the opening game, tear a hammy and a be out 12 weeks. Let's Goooo

I didn't realize he had 66 catches and he missed like 8 weeks

Out 12 games? Lol, that's more missed games than he's had in the last 6 seasons combined. That being said, a hard pass on Keenan, we don't need more old players. We need to get players who are younger and cheaper. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.