Earthquake?

Buf4alo

3.8 in West Seneca at the corner of Mineral Springs and Indian Church Road at 6:15 AM.  Located about 2 mies south of me (Cheektowaga).  Was still awake because I had gone to the bathroom  and am on the 2nd floor with a window next to my bed. Had lived for 19 years in the SF area in Calif. , so I knew what it was immediately.  Had  felt 2  4.2sabout the same distance away when I lived in CA. 

Ive been in several here in socal. The most theyve ever done at my house is rattle the windows. You hear them rattle inside the frames it's kind of spooky.

My worst was the Northridge one in LA. We were camping at  S Carlsbad state beach campgrounds and we not only felt it but the aftershocks that occurred you could see the cliff actually move. we like fools didn't even think of what danger could have happened that day.

The earthquake occurred just after 4:30 AM local time along a previously undiscovered blind thrust fault in the San Fernando Valley. Its epicentre was in Reseda, a suburb located about 23 miles (37 km) west-northwest of downtown Los Angeles. The major shock lasted 10–20 seconds and registered a magnitude of 6.7. Fatality estimates are between 60-70 people.

@John from Riverside well were you in Cali for this one John?

Edited by muppy

12 hours ago, Buf4alo said:

Just got woken up by the whole house shaking for ~5 seconds. Was wondering if anyone else felt it too. Time was around 6:15ish, North Buffalo.

My wife and I thought ti is was the best simultaneous ***** ever than found out the  earth really shook

• Haha (+1) 1

My wife was mad that I went to bed after checking in/out around the house and saying the coast was clear.

Didn’t talk to me till the afternoon, not long after her earthquake text and chat-a-thon had finally dwindled.

Personally, I’d never complain about more of these little rumbles if it meant I never shovel my driveway again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.