My dad told me not to hate, but I hate Kirk Herbstreit..

Mister Defense

I thought I would turn on the strange new pro bowl to see what it was like, if worth watching.

But then...I heard his voice, and very soon knew it had to be him...

Speaking of Huntley, he said he had the ability to "spin it" and  soon after that,  referred to the "big fullback".  

These were in his very first sentences, these cliches and clutter, the inane, useless drivel that caused me to turn down the sound when he spoke on Thursday Night Football this year and to not watch some games.

And, if he holds to form, and he always does, not enabling the dramatically better Al Michaels to get a word in edgewise all year, he will feel the need to FILL almost every second of the broadcast tonight with similar inane, useless jargon, all in his monotone, humorless voice.

Worst color commentator I have ever heard in my life; cannot believe this guy gets away with this crap.  Writer David Halberstram rightfully calls Herbstreit "the village idiot"

A deal breaker for me tonight! I turned it off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

I thought I would turn on the strange new pro bowl to see what it was like, if worth watching.

But then...I heard his voice, and very soon knew it had to be him...

Speaking of Huntley, he said he had the ability to "spin it" and  soon after that,  referred to the "big fullback".  

These were in his very first sentences, these cliches and clutter, the inane, useless drivel that caused me to turn down the sound when he spoke on Thursday Night Football this year and to not watch some games.

And, if he holds to form, and he always does, not enabling the dramatically better Al Michaels to get a word in edgewise all year, he will feel the need to FILL almost every second of the broadcast tonight with similar inane, useless jargon, all in his monotone, humorless voice.

Worst color commentator I have ever heard in my life; cannot believe this guy gets away with this crap.  Writer David Halberstram rightfully calls Herbstreit "the village idiot"

A deal breaker for me tonight! I turned it off.

Did you mean to hit “SUBMIT”? 

• Haha (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

I figured I could have 1-2 gimmes in life, so, yeah, using it on a color commentator I will never meet.

?

I think so

Fair enough! It’s maybe just that I personally notice the commentators less than the average bear around here. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

What would your dad think about Her street?

I would hope he too would not want to drive down it.

But I am pretty certain he would have hated this new 'game'.  Yikes.

This is what they came up with?!  Seems like the same great minds that thought Hebstreit would be the best announcer for it created this new 'game' as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Funny story, a friend of a friend of a friend showed up to pitcher night at the bowling alley about 18 years ago wearing a Herbstreet Ohio State throwback jersey. It was so incredibly stupid, I couldn’t stop laughing at him until I realized he was ready to kick the crap out of me and I had to weave a tale about my cousin wearing number 4 and being obsessed with it and so on. 

37 minutes ago, Zag20 said:

Funny story, a friend of a friend of a friend showed up to pitcher night at the bowling alley about 18 years ago wearing a Herbstreet Ohio State throwback jersey. It was so incredibly stupid, I couldn’t stop laughing at him until I realized he was ready to kick the crap out of me and I had to weave a tale about my cousin wearing number 4 and being obsessed with it and so on. 

Where’s the funny part?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Okay, good advice-?, but now opening up the floodgates..

I left the game on as I sat at my computer--I hate this new pro bowl too.

But the perfect useless game for Kirk.

did you like the old one? theyre unwatchable. nhl is always a fun one, skills comp is a fun event every year.  the only nfl allstar thing id have any interest in is actually madden, but a 7m clip. its just pointless

Herbstreit's biases in CFB are even worse than his typical regurgitations of Dan Fouts-isms. So many bright bulbs to choose from to give thoughtful commentary, and they pay this near ChatGPT-level lunkhead to bloviate incessantly. Do better DisneyABCESPN*Insert next purchased entity*.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.