If Frazier returns, how much will your enthusism die?

The Red King

14 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

None. He is a good DC.   2 bad playoff games not withstanding.  I can’t forgive those 2 game - but he is still a good DC we can win with. 

No we won’t Ever Win with Frazier as DC! Why hasn’t Any team tried to hire him as a HC? Because “13 seconds is his legacy “ Just Like Norwoods WR!!

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Stuartjohn said:

No we won’t Ever Win with Frazier as DC! Why hasn’t Any team tried to hire him as a HC? Because “13 seconds is his legacy “ Just Like Norwoods WR!!

Our office will need to be on point in order to win with this defense in the playoffs

I just wish the Fraser was a little bit more flexible and we brought in players that can play press man instead of off coverage against teams like the Bengals

Elam was a good start for this but we need more

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I completely disagree no one is saying they need to be the 2000 Ravens or the offense needs to be the 99 Rams. But coaches do need to know how to adjust use there players to there strength and absolutely know what kind of talent they have on there team. Frazier wants his players to just play to his scheme instead of finding something that fits into there talents that’s a huge problem he also never uses stunts or twists or lines up his DE in wide formations it’s pretty much the same ole same ole every time. Teams are smart and they will adjust to what u do. The Bengals knew exactly where to go with the football Burrow attacked Frazier simple scheme hitting his weapons in the weak spots of the zone.  U can’t tell me there’s no adjustments for that? 

Dorsey this guy is amazing he’s amazing because his run game wasn’t synced with the passing game and that’s amazingly stupid and deserves to be fired off that premise alone. But there’s more Dorsey also showed no ability to adjust at the halftime it always seemed like the offense was stuck in mud in the 2nd halves of games nothing came easy and Allen had to resort to hero ball to get us out of trouble. 

Any competent organization would have fired both there coordinators for these reasons . But McD is choosing to double down on his guys..

I mean, Frazier has gotten stars like Levi Wallace/Dane Jackson/Christian Benford to all play like competent CB's for a while.  I guess that has nothing to do with fitting player's talents.

"Any competent organization would have fired their coordinators after a top 2 season statistically" lmao.  I think that's never ever happened so I have no idea what you're basing that off of.

Ive always felt that this current team could and would win DESPITE the coaches not because of them. The problem in this last season was injuries and poor play from the players cost them.  I still think with a healthy squad that this season ends differently, even with the horror of the Damar injury.   I really hope Frazier isnt back and that Beane comes to his senses. I also hope that Beane has the balls to make the tough decisions that he needs to and acts like a GM not McD's weekend co coach for Pop Warner.  Maybe a lot of wishful thinking but thats where my headspace is at.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Our office will need to be on point in order to win with this defense in the playoffs

I just wish the Fraser was a little bit more flexible and we brought in players that can play press man instead of off coverage against teams like the Bengals

Elam was a good start for this but we need more

From what i have seen of Frazier in interviews, and in games, he is opposed to making in game changes, even when what he schemed doesn’t work, he has said as much himself, he is far to rigid in his thinking, and is content being that way. 

• Angry 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Frazier's defense is good enough to put up nice stats and win regular season games. The problem is in the playoffs they are facing good teams with good QB's. That is when they get exposed as frauds. If its Frazier's D or McDermott's D it doesn't matter. It doesn't work against good teams. They aren't winning a Lombardi until they fix that. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

None. He is a good DC.   2 bad playoff games not withstanding.  I can’t forgive those 2 game - but he is still a good DC we can win with. 

Well, his defense failed us in the playoff against the Texans, Chiefs twice, and now the Bengals. Sound or not, there exists no imagination and strong lack of aggressiveness. He seems to stubbornly run the same defense play after play expecting a different result (insanity?).

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I mean, Frazier has gotten stars like Levi Wallace/Dane Jackson/Christian Benford to all play like competent CB's for a while.  I guess that has nothing to do with fitting player's talents.

"Any competent organization would have fired their coordinators after a top 2 season statistically" lmao.  I think that's never ever happened so I have no idea what you're basing that off of.

Any organization that keeps getting lit up like a Christmas tree in the playoffs would bypass the regular season success. The blunders are inexcusable the Houston comeback, AFC championship game 38pts allowed , the 13 secs game got lit up and massive choke at the end of the game  & then there’s this ass whopping by bkup Oline man . U want more then that? Or are u just happy with putting whippings on horrible teams during regular season? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Ive always felt that this current team could and would win DESPITE the coaches not because of them. The problem in this last season was injuries and poor play from the players cost them.  I still think with a healthy squad that this season ends differently, even with the horror of the Damar injury.   I really hope Frazier isnt back and that Beane comes to his senses. I also hope that Beane has the balls to make the tough decisions that he needs to and acts like a GM not McD's weekend co coach for Pop Warner.  Maybe a lot of wishful thinking but thats where my headspace is at.

Beane doesn't report to McDermott. Terry said both men report to him. When it comes to coaching the football team, running practices, game planning then Sean is in charge. When it comes to the roster (draft/FA) then Beane is the man. This is coming Terry P. 

23 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Any organization that keeps getting lit up like a Christmas tree in the playoffs would bypass the regular season success. The blunders are inexcusable the Houston comeback, AFC championship game 38pts allowed , the 13 secs game got lit up and massive choke at the end of the game  & then there’s this ass whopping by bkup Oline man . U want more then that? Or are u just happy with putting whippings on horrible teams during regular season? 

Y'all make it sound like theyve never won a playoff game.

Sure, there are some tough outs in there. Guess what, losing in the playoffs will always feel worse because you are over-hyped.

We also have 4 playoff WINS. Holding the Ravens to 3 points. Absolutely shutting down the Patriots.

I'm not a big Frazier proponent. But yall are out of your minds this offseason.

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

We are 4-5 in the playoffs, we hardly get lit up "all playoff."

Yes, Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow have beaten us a couple times.  Happens to a lot of teams.

The "blunders" are just bad games. They played like ***** against the Bengals. They deserved to lose.

You show me a coordinator that guarantees a Super Bowl and I'll say hire them.  But you won't, because they don't exist lmao.

• Like (+1) 2

Wake me up when we have a new coaching staff.  The world moves at a much faster pace then it did 15 to 30 years ago.  They've peaked.  Use the roster to get better coaching talent.  NFL = not for long.  Those guys got paid plenty of money, don't feel bad for them.

I believe Frazier is a good coach but I can't say his scheme or leadership gets more out of the players than the sum of the parts and what teams does anything think would be jumping at the opportunity if Leslie ht the market?  That would tell us all we need to know.  While the defense has performed exceptionally great at times I believe that's more a reflection of games when the offense dictates the play to the opponent or the Bills have a clear talent advantage that can cover over some issues.  Neither of those things happen consistently in the playoffs.   

Something fundamental needs to change, whether its a fresh perspective on evaluating draft talent, potential free agents, scheme or coaching, but if the teams stands pat with more of the same then I expect more of the same disappointment at the end of next season.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I believe Frazier is a good coach but I can't say his scheme or leadership gets more out of the players than the sum of the parts and what teams does anything think would jumping at the opportunity if Leslie ht the market?  That would tell us all we need to know.  While the defense has performed exceptionally great at times I believe that's more a reflection of games when the offense dictates the play to the opponent or the Bills have a clear talent advantage that can cover over some issues.  Neither of those things happen consistently in the playoffs.   

What?

He cobbled together the #2 defense in the league, in the best passing era ever, with Christian Benford, Kair Elam, Dane Jackson, Damar Hamlin, Jaquan Johnson, Cam Lewis and the ghost of Tre White all being regulars in the secondary.  Not to mention the scarecrow Edmunds and 1 armed Poyer.

You people can't do this.   You can't say all these players suck AND Leslie Frazier sucks. Because guess what?  Almost of the players I listed above ALSO wouldn't have teams jumping at the opportunity to get them. 

It's almost like ya'll think we had a bottom 10 defense.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.