If Frazier returns, how much will your enthusism die?

The Red King

16 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I put the Houston game on the D as well.  A 16-0 lead in the 3rd quarter simply cannot be surrendered.  IMO, the defense was bad in 6/9 playoff games.

Yeah but the players literally were the reason for the comeback. Missed opportunities. That’s was definitely on the players. There were some good calls and the players couldn’t sack Watson.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

The Bengals were torching us before that game was called off.  And Frazier changed nothing for the playoff game.  That's the issue.  He makes one plan for a game come hell or high water.  He doesn't adapt.  If a team figures him out, he's dead.  We seem like we're in a permanent prevent D.  Even on 3rd or 4th and short we play twice as far off the receiver as they need for the 1st.  No game awareness.  As others noted, elite QBs shred us.

And I do laugh when someone says they'll save all the negative threads for use next season.  Hey, anyone save last season's?  That way you can rub it in our faces...oh wait, those threads were right, weren't they?

Insanity is doing the exact same thing and expecting a different outcome.  That applies both game to game and season to season.

• Like (+1) 2

A lot.  I don't know how much input McD has into the defensive game plan but it sucks.  It only works if you can apply pressure and stop the run i guess.  But they don't get pressure.  The get gashed for big runs every other game.  It starts with the line on both side and they both simply suck compared to say the niners, eagles, chiefs, bengals etc etc.  I don't care about the stupid grading system i can see whats happening on the field.  They can't run because they can't block.  Josh runs... because they can't block.  We can't apply meaningful pressure so they keep picking 3rd down after third down.  This is a team with some serious flaws.  They aren't on josh's rookie contract and they pick at the back so they are screwed in that way.  This window is slammed shut and they seriously need a mini rebuild/overhaul.  This isn't about 13 seconds or getting mauled by the bengals.  Those are just symptoms of a much bigger problem that manifests itself at the worst times.  I hope McD steps back and looks at both sides and just give it the eye test.  They don't look good.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, FireChans said:

My favorite meme in Bills land is thinking OC/DC are the biggest problems, no matter who the players are.

Did we suck in 2012 because Chan was the HC/OC or was it because we had crappy QB's?

Did our defense suck in 2012 because of Dave Wannstedt at DC or was it because we had crappy players?

If you think a new DC = 2000 Ravens with this defense, or Sean Payton = 2013 Broncos with this offense, you aren't paying attention to the league.

Most teams have fine coordinators. There are a few teams with horrific coordinators but those teams, again, usually aren't top 5 as units in the regular season.  They also are usually saddled with crap players.

IMO, Dorsey and Frazier both have their issues. Dorsey can't find an identity, falls in love with the big play etc etc. Frazier gets a little conservative at times (although, to be fair, it's hard to be aggressive with backup CB's who need backup S help all the time).

There is no "hire this coordinator and AJE will be good."  That coordinator does not exist.  There is also no "hire this coordinator and Roger Saffold will stop being the biggest tub of goo playing LG since Vlad Ducasse."

I completely disagree no one is saying they need to be the 2000 Ravens or the offense needs to be the 99 Rams. But coaches do need to know how to adjust use there players to there strength and absolutely know what kind of talent they have on there team. Frazier wants his players to just play to his scheme instead of finding something that fits into there talents that’s a huge problem he also never uses stunts or twists or lines up his DE in wide formations it’s pretty much the same ole same ole every time. Teams are smart and they will adjust to what u do. The Bengals knew exactly where to go with the football Burrow attacked Frazier simple scheme hitting his weapons in the weak spots of the zone.  U can’t tell me there’s no adjustments for that? 

Dorsey this guy is amazing he’s amazing because his run game wasn’t synced with the passing game and that’s amazingly stupid and deserves to be fired off that premise alone. But there’s more Dorsey also showed no ability to adjust at the halftime it always seemed like the offense was stuck in mud in the 2nd halves of games nothing came easy and Allen had to resort to hero ball to get us out of trouble. 

Any competent organization would have fired both there coordinators for these reasons . But McD is choosing to double down on his guys..

6 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I completely disagree no one is saying they need to be the 2000 Ravens or the offense needs to be the 99 Rams. But coaches do need to know how to adjust use there players to there strength and absolutely know what kind of talent they have on there team. Frazier wants his players to just play to his scheme instead of finding something that fits into there talents that’s a huge problem he also never uses stunts or twists or lines up his DE in wide formations it’s pretty much the same ole same ole every time. Teams are smart and they will adjust to what u do. The Bengals knew exactly where to go with the football Burrow attacked Frazier simple scheme hitting his weapons in the weak spots of the zone.  U can’t tell me there’s no adjustments for that? 

Dorsey this guy is amazing he’s amazing because his run game wasn’t synced with the passing game and that’s amazingly stupid and deserves to be fired off that premise alone. But there’s more Dorsey also showed no ability to adjust at the halftime it always seemed like the offense was stuck in mud in the 2nd halves of games nothing came easy and Allen had to resort to hero ball to get us out of trouble. 

Any competent organization would have fired both there coordinators for these reasons . But McD is choosing to double down on his guys..

It’s funny there is an essay here on how bad the Bills are at adjusting during halftime. They were the number 1 3rd quarter scoring offense in the NFL.

Imagine firing an offensive coordinator and telling him the offense isn’t good enough coming out of halftime when they’re literally the best offense in the NFL coming out of halftime.

I don’t think fans on this board know what to be upset about, they’re just upset. The problem with sports is only one team wins the championship. So the majority of coaches and players lose in the playoffs. If you go to the playoffs every season you’re going to lose a lot in the playoffs. Probably be closer to a .500 team in the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s funny there is an essay here on how bad the Bills are at adjusting during halftime. They were the number 1 3rd quarter scoring offense in the NFL.

Imagine firing an offensive coordinator and telling him the offense isn’t good enough coming out of halftime when they’re literally the best offense in the NFL coming out of halftime.

I don’t think fans on this board know what to be upset about, they’re just upset. The problem with sports is only one team wins the championship. So the majority of coaches and players lose in the playoffs. If you go to the playoffs every season you’re going to lose a lot in the playoffs. Probably be closer to a .500 team in the playoffs. 

Most of those 3rd quarter pts came in blowouts early in the season. After our bye we struggled mightily after the halftime we were also 21st in 4th quarter points so that tells u something was wrong in 2nd halves! 

13 hours ago, The Red King said:

Title sums it up.  Honestly, I feel very little excitement or enthusiasm.  I don't see us getting over the hump.  I may not even watch some (or all) of the games until the playoffs (if we even make it).

I had enthusiasm last off-season, despite 13-seconds.  I thought the team could get there.  But from what I've seen from the team, I find I have lost all faith in our D schemes.  The only way we pull this off is if Allen puts up 40-50 points in a game.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Yes, but he is returning so we will all have to deal with it.

13 hours ago, The Red King said:

Title sums it up.  Honestly, I feel very little excitement or enthusiasm.  I don't see us getting over the hump.  I may not even watch some (or all) of the games until the playoffs (if we even make it).

I had enthusiasm last off-season, despite 13-seconds.  I thought the team could get there.  But from what I've seen from the team, I find I have lost all faith in our D schemes.  The only way we pull this off is if Allen puts up 40-50 points in a game.

No, I don't feel this way at all.   You can make Frazier a scapegoat for the Bills playoff failures if it floats your boat but I'll wait to see how Beane and McDermott respond to the playoff loss over the off season.  Last season, the Bucs blew out the Eagles in the wild card round.  This season, the Eagles are in the Super Bowl after man-handling their playoff opponents because of a series of roster changes, some big ones and others seemingly minor ones, made before and during this past season.   

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Red King said:

The titles of 10 other same threads summed this up a week ago.

Do you feel immortalized now?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.