If Frazier returns, how much will your enthusism die?

The Red King

16 hours ago, StHustle said:

Lol @ “if we even make it” 

We just tied for most wins in franchise history…had an 8 game win streak before the Bengals loss… and you aren’t even sure if we are a playoff team now?

Bills were top 3 in least points given up this season and now we gotta score 40-50 a game to win? 🙄

The sky is really falling for some of you so called fans! 

With that said…I’d be disappointed if Frazier is  back but if he is…no way Id stop watching games and anyone who does isn’t a real fan. I watched every game during the drought years and not so spoiled that I’d throw a fit and stop watching cause of this. 

This is the problem though people think what just happened is acceptable because The Bills are now decent. Every analyst, everyone in that locker room knew if the Bills didn’t win a SB the season is a failure. They looked soft in the divisional round, opponents were doing snow angels on the field, and they were beaten by using the same old tactics, soft scheme, no urgency, and a lack of motivation. The offense is also poorly managed. Dorsey has no scheme it’s a free for all. Receivers are told to get open & if they think they can beat their man then to go deep. That’s not a game plan or a scheme. You shouldn’t be happy with how they preformed in a game that mattered. They didn’t seem to care to me. They just went with what they know. The only reason we won so many games is because of JA. Coaching has been horrible on gameday for his entire tenure & he clearly isn’t learning from his mistakes. Nor are his coordinators. 

Edited by Rebel101
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Umm, it will not die, it will be increased--one of the best defensive coordinators in the game now and maybe one of the best all time.

Now for Dorsey, having him come back and trash the potential of this offense again, but this time more so I believe, that is extremely discouraging.

To me, that was the biggest weakness is the team this year, undermining a great young quarterback and a running game that could still be playing--if used at all correctly.  Like Greg Cosell said, he saw no connection between the Bills running game and the passing game? Not symbiotic at all. How much more damning of a statement can there be?

Edited by Mister Defense

I was completely void of belief we’d win a SB with Frazier lazy defense after the 13 second disaster so this year was just blah for me. I saw it coming. The fact they’re going to just run it back tells me they’re not serious about winning anyways so I’m not investing as much of my time into getting pumped up for the team. Normally I’m doing mock drafts, watching the senior bowl, listening to mock draft podcasts, etc.. Not anymore. They’re just going to whiff on their picks anyways or take another JAG DE or another Bernard anyways. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

2 bad playoff games?  I wish it were only 2 bad games.

Colts game was actually terrible as well. Got very lucky.

Dolphins game was terrible defense.

Bad performances 

2020 Colts

2020 Chiefs

2021 Chiefs

2022 Dolphins 

2022 Bengals 

I get what fans are saying about the defense. I feel we’ve lacked the DL needed to win defensively in the playoffs. He’s had some good performances as well.

2017 Jaguars

2020 Ravens

2021 Patriots 

I want to put Houston in the good category because the players had so many bad plays in that game that would’ve and should’ve ended it.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, drummernut74 said:

Expecting we keep Frazier … What IF all of a sudden they adjust their defensive approach to a more aggressive and unpredictable style? My concerns are that we’d still find a way to come up empty and heartbroken, because we’re always “learning” and a day late and a dollar short on figuring things out.  This is “the process”, keep learning, keep getting better, and it eventually “works out”. We’re punch drunk on “the process” while other great teams know what it takes and just plow over us 

There will come a time very soon when we stop talking about process and culture in order to move ahead to personnel and execution. That goes for coaches and players.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Maybe cause they are anti-Governor?

What bothers me most about him is his game preparation for important games. His entire career is dismal. His defenses never ever show up ready.

2. We had just gone through 20 years of hiring washed up retreads and they hand us Frazier???? It doesn’t get more retread than that. Terrible hire right out of the gate.

It was at least 10 years since anyone had heard Frazier’s name until we hired him. How did he even make the short list to be hired in the first place?

Edited by Governor

4 hours ago, arcane said:

The sheer misery being exuded by a lot of people in bills land lately is jarring and unbearable and has so much more impact on my mental state towards football and the Bills right now than the actual bills do. Consuming bills discussion right now feels like ingesting poison. 

In August, you bet I'm going to be pumped to watch Josh Allen and the bills give it another go. And I hope to God i don't run into some of you 

It's tough to finally get hope and just get completely outclassed. It was easier when they sucked. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's tough to finally get hope and just get completely outclassed. It was easier when they sucked. 

It was not lol. Not for one single fan on this entire earth. This is just the most recent heartbreak, so it's the most fresh, and this claim is the most predictable psychological reaction there is 

45 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Colts game was actually terrible as well. Got very lucky.

Dolphins game was terrible defense.

Bad performances 

2020 Colts

2020 Chiefs

2021 Chiefs

2022 Dolphins 

2022 Bengals 

I get what fans are saying about the defense. I feel we’ve lacked the DL needed to win defensively in the playoffs. He’s had some good performances as well.

2017 Jaguars

2020 Ravens

2021 Patriots 

I want to put Houston in the good category because the players had so many bad plays in that game that would’ve and should’ve ended it.

I put the Houston game on the D as well.  A 16-0 lead in the 3rd quarter simply cannot be surrendered.  IMO, the defense was bad in 6/9 playoff games.

Not too much affects my enthusiasm. The Bills are my team, and things like coaching hires & fires are out of my control entirely.  

I just ride w/ whatever we have, and I'm always 100% stoked when the season starts - especially now w/ JA at QB.  I'll be just as all in next year, even if Frazier is back at DC.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, arcane said:

It was not lol. Not for one single fan on this entire earth. This is just the most recent heartbreak, so it's the most fresh, and this claim is the most predictable psychological reaction there is 

You don't think this year was hard? Easily the biggest letdown in 20+yrs with all the Superbowl predictions. You're out of touch if you think people didn't get their hopes up even through the just win second half of the season. When they sucked it was easy to point to the roster or the GM and not get so invested. I think collectively we thought this was our year in Buffalo and then watched as we slipped back in the AFC. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.