If Frazier returns, how much will your enthusism die?

The Red King

7 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Plenty of ST blunders this season too.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/12/29/23529690/buffalo-bills-special-teams-breakdowns-blocked-punt-nyheim-hines-fair-catch

Teflon Leslie walked away unscathed after :13, though.  Just as bad as the :13 defensive sequence were the immediately preceding and succeeding defensive possessions.  But, I guess those weren't at all actionable...not like the stakes were 20x than in a random Week 10 game.

Yea I don't think Smiley has done a particularly good job as ST coordinator. Another punt blocked for a TD contributing to a defeat (two in two years) and the Bills kick coverage went from middle of the pack to 5th worst. 

The 13 seconds is of course on everyone and ultimately McDermott. They called time out before both those snaps.

9 hours ago, Jim said:

Once again what I’m seeing is a fan telling themselves stories to feel better. Yes the Bengals had won a bunch in a row, but they weren’t particularly playing great football coming into Buffalo. The defense gave up a lot of plays to a severely limited Tyler Huntley who did not have a very great time last season in his time covering for the missing Lamar Jackson. In fact, if not for a boneheaded Huntley play the Ravens probably win that game. And on offense, the Bengals kinda stunk too. They scored 17 on that side of the ball. They most surely did NOT come into Buffalo playing their best ball. They just played a team with who had neither the talent nor the coaching to take advantage of their weaknesses. And that’s what is scary about this defense. Why wasn’t McDermott asked why they didn’t they didn’t learn from other teams defensive successes?

For instance, in the second regular season matchup against Miami, their offense came in sputtering after being exposed against SF and LA. So what does Buffalo do? Not learn a thing from either teams success against Miami, and Tua lights them up. Same thing with Cincy. Both New England in the regular season and Baltimore in the postseason had slowed the Cincinnati offensive attack. So how do the Bills use that to their advantage in this massive game? They don’t of course! Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier know much better than Bill Belichick and Mike Macdonald. They do things their way! All the way to 27 points which coulda been probably over 40 if necessary and a near total inability to stop the Bengals offense. But yeah, I’m sure the “growth mindset” will show up next year. Right. Maybe we will only get half as defensively embarrassed next year and Josh will play near perfect football and save their behinds! Unlikely.

The Ravens have a way better defense than the Bills lol. This is just wrong for the sake of being wrong.

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Ravens have a way better defense than the Bills lol. This is just wrong for the sake of being wrong.

By the end of the season the Ravens defense was the best in the NFL IMO. They took some time to make the transition to a new coordinator early in the year but once they settled in, and they added Roquan, they were excellent. 

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

By the end of the season the Ravens defense was the best in the NFL IMO. They took some time to make the transition to a new coordinator early in the year but once they settled in, and they added Roquan, they were excellent. 

But we have the great Tremaine Edmunds, who surely deserves as much money as Roquan Smith!

36 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If Frazier returns, is your marriage basically over?

My marriage was over Dec. 1st.  See, I did everything I could do to salvage it, and then came to the tough realization that things weren't going to ever get better.  At that point I did what I had to and moved on.

...the Bills should do the same with Frazier.

He is coming back I expect.

System coaches can be successful if they have all the pieces they need for the system to work.

Just have to hope we have all the right pieces and they can stay healthy for a season.

Not holding out a lot of hope he will have his unit ready for playoff-caliber teams (if we make the post season). 

I would pin my hopes on being able to outscore playoff opponents, but can't say I have seen enough from Dorsey to justify that hope.

But we will see... a lot of teams look great or terrible on paper in the offseason and you just don't know till they strap on the gear and play.

Cautiously pessimistic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.