If Frazier returns, how much will your enthusism die?

The Red King

I'll watch the games regardless.. Watched all the games for the 17 year drought not stopping now..

but Frazier and Dorsey fill me with worry. Beane hasn't drafted well in hindsight, and Coach McDermott always seems to find another thing he needs to work on for next season.

So my confidence is not high in regards to winning it all with this gang

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I mean honestly bro almost every Bills team I know even the bad ones our defense would atleast keep us in the game until the end. This defense plays soft at the point of attack and soft at the finish. Sometimes coming outta half time, & towards the end it seemed all a team had to do was be more physical and show more toughness. McDermott & Fraziers Bills crumble every time. Dorsey is a loose screw and he has butchered the offense 

ROTFLMAO.  When did you start following the Bills?   2013?

In 2012, the Bills lost to the Jests 48-28, to the Pats 52-28, to 49ers 45-3, and to the Seahawks 50-17.

In 2011, the Bills lost to the Cowboys 44-7, the Fish 35-8, the Chargers 37-10, and to the Pats 49-21.

In 2010, the Bills lost to the Packers, 34-7, the Jests 38-14, the Vikings 38-10, the Pats 34-3, and Jets 38-7.

I could go on ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, The Red King said:

Title sums it up.  Honestly, I feel very little excitement or enthusiasm.  I don't see us getting over the hump.  I may not even watch some (or all) of the games until the playoffs (if we even make it).

I had enthusiasm last off-season, despite 13-seconds.  I thought the team could get there.  But from what I've seen from the team, I find I have lost all faith in our D schemes.  The only way we pull this off is if Allen puts up 40-50 points in a game.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Lol Bro please…you know damn well you are gonna watch EVERY single regular season game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Anytime the Bills face an offense like KC or the Bengals who have an excellent QB and TE/WR's they don't blitz and try to get pressure with only the front 4.  They are worried that a big play will happen.  Its a very bend but don't break mentality.  This worked against KC when Von was in the game.  They were able to get pressure with the front 4.  Von gets hurt and the pressure doesn't exist in a game against Bengals.  It's unfortunate that the other DE"s for the Bills haven't blossum'd into a force like Von.  The rest are average a best.  They will all have long careers in the NFL but none of them will break 10 sacks a season.   

This in turn puts a ton of pressure on the Offense to match Point for point.  

Edited by kota
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, kota said:

Anytime the Bills face an offense like KC or the Bengals who have an excellent QB and TE/WR's they don't blitz and try to get pressure with only the front 4.  They are worried that a big play will happen.  Its a very bend but don't break mentality.  This worked against KC when Von was in the game.  They were able to get pressure with the front 4.  Von gets hurt and the pressure doesn't exist in a game against Bengals.  It's unfortunate that the other DE"s for the Bills haven't blossum'd into a force like Von.  The rest are average a best.  They will all have long careers in the NFL but none of them will break 10 sacks a season.   

I wonder if the Bengals game plays out differently if we had Von out there. The Bengals were missing 3 starters on the OL. Von would have taken advantage of that. Maybe that would have opened things up for the rest of the pass rush. I don't know if the Bills would have won as they only scored 10 points but who knows. The D could have gotten some turnovers which could have created points and the Bengals probably don't get 27. We will never know.

20 minutes ago, SoTier said:

ROTFLMAO.  When did you start following the Bills?   2013?

In 2012, the Bills lost to the Jests 48-28, to the Pats 52-28, to 49ers 45-3, and to the Seahawks 50-17.

In 2011, the Bills lost to the Cowboys 44-7, the Fish 35-8, the Chargers 37-10, and to the Pats 49-21.

In 2010, the Bills lost to the Packers, 34-7, the Jests 38-14, the Vikings 38-10, the Pats 34-3, and Jets 38-7.

I could go on ...

Bro I was born in 87 my father is a Bills fan. N I understand we’ve had some ***** teams and ***** games but our defense has always atleast been tough. They are soft by design 

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it’s amazing how much we’re criticizing Frazier for the playoff performances when we all know that was the least talented defense the Bills have put on the field in the playoffs.

Lol, then explain why the defense has given up 107 points and 1404 yards in the last 3 playoff losses.  And how is the number 2 ranked defense in the NFL the worst we have put on the field in the playoffs?

The amount of excuses being made for Frazier is mind blowing.  What’s the excuse for playing 10 yards off the talented Cincy WRs on a critical 3rd and 4?

All one has to to do is watch the KC vs Cincy game to see how bad Fraziers scheme was.  In fact, let’s look at the last 3 years.

2020 Buffalo has the 15th ranked defense and KC utterly has its way with our defense.  The next game in the SB, TB shuts down and dominates KC.  

2021 Buffalo has #1 ranked defense in the NFL, but KC drops 42 and utterly embarrasses our defense, including 13 seconds and OT lay down.  The next week, Cincy (with a worse defense) completely shuts down KC offense in the 2nd half to upset them and go to the SB.

2022 Buffalo has #2 ranked defense, but Cincy has its way with our defense despite missing 3 OL and playing in Buffalo.  They then go on to face KC the next week (who has a lower ranked defense) and they slow down and disrupt the Cincy offense and hold them in check and beat beat Cincy.  

All of this despite investing several first and second round picks and a ton of money into our defense over the past 3 seasons.  

Frazier is the common denominator.  Other teams with LOWER ranked defenses are slowing down the same teams dominating our number 1 and 2 ranked defenses.  

It’s unreal to me anyone wants Frazier back.  Other DCs with less talented defenses are having more success against teams who keep dominating our defense.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I wonder if the Bengals game plays out differently if we had Von out there. The Bengals were missing 3 starters on the OL. Von would have taken advantage of that. Maybe that would have opened things up for the rest of the pass rush. I don't know if the Bills would have won as they only scored 10 points but who knows. The D could have gotten some turnovers which could have created points and the Bengals probably don't get 27. We will never know.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. I'm sure the coaches were aware they didn't have Von, but yet were unable to use their brains....

6 minutes ago, nosejob said:

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. I'm sure the coaches were aware they didn't have Von, but yet were unable to use their brains....

I know it sucked not to have him out there. Maybe we don't win anyway but I definitely think it would have been a lot closer.

57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, then explain why the defense has given up 107 points and 1404 yards in the last 3 playoff losses.  And how is the number 2 ranked defense in the NFL the worst we have put on the field in the playoffs?

The amount of excuses being made for Frazier is mind blowing.  What’s the excuse for playing 10 yards off the talented Cincy WRs on a critical 3rd and 4?

All one has to to do is watch the KC vs Cincy game to see how bad Fraziers scheme was.  In fact, let’s look at the last 3 years.

2020 Buffalo has the 15th ranked defense and KC utterly has its way with our defense.  The next game in the SB, TB shuts down and dominates KC.  

2021 Buffalo has #1 ranked defense in the NFL, but KC drops 42 and utterly embarrasses our defense, including 13 seconds and OT lay down.  The next week, Cincy (with a worse defense) completely shuts down KC offense in the 2nd half to upset them and go to the SB.

2022 Buffalo has #2 ranked defense, but Cincy has its way with our defense despite missing 3 OL and playing in Buffalo.  They then go on to face KC the next week (who has a lower ranked defense) and they slow down and disrupt the Cincy offense and hold them in check and beat beat Cincy.  

All of this despite investing several first and second round picks and a ton of money into our defense over the past 3 seasons.  

Frazier is the common denominator.  Other teams with LOWER ranked defenses are slowing down the same teams dominating our number 1 and 2 ranked defenses.  

It’s unreal to me anyone wants Frazier back.  Other DCs with less talented defenses are having more success against teams who keep dominating our defense.  

The defense they put on the field vs Cincinnati is by far the worst defensive talent they’ve put on the field in all of McDermott’s seasons.

How can we expect Frazier to be better when the players were worse? It doesn’t make any sense. 

Injuries played a role in the lack of talent vs Cincinnati but your energy needs to be pointed at Brandon Beane, not Leslie Frazier. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The defense they put on the field vs Cincinnati is by far the worst defensive talent they’ve put on the field in all of McDermott’s seasons.

How can we expect Frazier to be better when the players were worse? It doesn’t make any sense. 

Injuries played a role in the lack of talent vs Cincinnati but your energy needs to be pointed at Brandon Beane, not Leslie Frazier. 

Yeah ok whatever. Signed the Cincy B team Oline.

I'm fine with Frazier, but it's choice #3 for me:

1. McDermott finds some up and coming LB or DB coach, names him "DC" but assumes more control of defense, including play calling. Like Reid in KC but on defense. 

2. Steve Wilks comes in as DC and takes ownership of it

3. Frazier comes back

Edited by TheFunPolice

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How is the number two ranked defense in the NFL “the worst talent he’s ever put on the field?  

The only players we were missing were Hyde (who was out most the season) and Von (who missed the last half the season) and yet we still finished the season as the #2 ranked defense despite those guys missing so much time.

So the defense we put on the field against Cincy was pretty much the same defense that finished ranked 2nd in the NFL during the regular season.  

So no disrespect, but this just isn’t accurate.  And you didn’t even bother to address the fact his defense has crapped the bed the last 3 postseasons.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.