If Frazier returns, how much will your enthusism die?

The Red King

Title sums it up.  Honestly, I feel very little excitement or enthusiasm.  I don't see us getting over the hump.  I may not even watch some (or all) of the games until the playoffs (if we even make it).

I had enthusiasm last off-season, despite 13-seconds.  I thought the team could get there.  But from what I've seen from the team, I find I have lost all faith in our D schemes.  The only way we pull this off is if Allen puts up 40-50 points in a game.

Anyone else feeling this way?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Lol @ “if we even make it” 

We just tied for most wins in franchise history…had an 8 game win streak before the Bengals loss… and you aren’t even sure if we are a playoff team now?

Bills were top 3 in least points given up this season and now we gotta score 40-50 a game to win? 🙄

The sky is really falling for some of you so called fans! 

With that said…I’d be disappointed if Frazier is  back but if he is…no way Id stop watching games and anyone who does isn’t a real fan. I watched every game during the drought years and not so spoiled that I’d throw a fit and stop watching cause of this. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Title sums it up.  Honestly, I feel very little excitement or enthusiasm.  I don't see us getting over the hump.  I may not even watch some (or all) of the games until the playoffs (if we even make it).

I had enthusiasm last off-season, despite 13-seconds.  I thought the team could get there.  But from what I've seen from the team, I find I have lost all faith in our D schemes.  The only way we pull this off is if Allen puts up 40-50 points in a game.

Anyone else feeling this way?

If they just plan on running it back

(again), especially when they’ll prob be weaker on defense than previous years, I have no confidence in any extended playoff runs by this team. 

• Like (+1) 2

None.

Some of you mary's need to suck it up already and move on to the offseason. Get a hobby for Spring or something.

The Bills are winning more now than we've seen in 25 years. We have a legit, top of the league, franchise QB.

We are favorites to win the Division every year, and make a run in the playoffs.

Get Von back, get Micah back, lets go.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I'm far from being Frazier's biggest fan and truth be told, I'm more in the "get rid of him" camp than I am the "keep him" camp.

That said, it's important to remember that the Bills defense didn't play one snap at 100% full strength.  Tre was out until Thanksgiving.  By then, Hyde had been gone for weeks and they also lost Von the same game they got Tre back.

Not to mention injuries keeping Poyer, Oliver, Edmunds and Rousseau out of games.  I'm sure there's others I'm missing, too.

Even with all of those pieces missing, the Bills were still pretty good on defense most games.

Again, if I was making the call, I'd probably let Frazier go (or, simply not renew if his contract is up).  But, at the same time, I'm not gonna be too devastated if he's back.  That said, I'm hoping to see more aggression, especially in the secondary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If he does return I will be very disappointed. It will be more of a reflection on McDermott by choosing loyalty and continuity over someone with a better playoff scheme or adjustments.  I've hoped for over 2 years we transition some out of the zone to a more aggressive man coverage. But obviously Sean will remain status qou and soft tampa2 zone will remain.  Playoff caliber teams will have their way with us.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll have my usual tons of enthusiasm…. and literally ZERO expectations. 

This sounds like the healthy approach! I certainly don’t need to be creating angst for myself at this time of the year. 

If I were more ambitious, I’d be archiving all these doom and gloom threads and posts, but we will all remember who the Eyore’s  are. We have some issues to address, but some folks make it sound like we are cellar dwellers. Chill! Enjoy the ride! 

Edited by Augie

9 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

If they just plan on running it back

(again), especially when they’ll prob be weaker on defense than previous years, I have no confidence in any extended playoff runs by this team. 

Why do you expected the defense to be worse? Are you expecting 4 All-Pro caliber players to be injured again like this year? We get Hyde back, Tre should be much closer to his former self being almost 2 full years since his surgery. And Von surgery went really well, the only work done was replacing the actual ligament. All the "rough parts"(Drilling holes through bone ect) of the surgery they were able to reuse from his 1st ACL surgery. Supposed to cut a couple months off the rehab and last update was he was going to be ready week 1. That came from his own mouth. That's alot of elite talent to get back on the field at once.

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I have concerns, but to think they would stop me being interested in the team or from watching games is just crazy...

Yup, I'm with Aussie.

I've followed this team through thick and thin, and will never lose faith in them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Lol @ “if we even make it” 

We just tied for most wins in franchise history…had an 8 game win streak before the Bengals loss… and you aren’t even sure if we are a playoff team now?

Bills were top 3 in least points given up this season and now we gotta score 40-50 a game to win? 🙄

The sky is really falling for some of you so called fans! 

With that said…I’d be disappointed if Frazier is  back but if he is…no way Id stop watching games and anyone who does isn’t a real fan. I watched every game during the drought years and not so spoiled that I’d throw a fit and stop watching cause of this. 

I'll still watch but, whatever I see in the regular season, I'd have little faith that the Bills defense will hold up in the post season.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.