PFF's Top 100 likely free agents....Athletic top 150 free agents......other free agent articles

BADOLBILZ

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

uSTADIUM on Twitter: "A meeting is supposed to happen with the #Packers and Aaron Rodgers to discuss his future. He will be the first domino to fall in the QB carousel (@diannaESPN)." / Twitter

The entire Rodgers saga is a real messy situation for Packer faithful. Seems like a dysfunctional marriage where dad keeps threatening to walk out every few weeks. When Rodgers looks back on his career, I’m guessing he’s going to wish he had done things differently. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The entire Rodgers saga is a real messy situation for Packer faithful. Seems like a dysfunctional marriage where dad keeps threatening to walk out every few weeks. When Rodgers looks back on his career, I’m guessing he’s going to wish he had done things differently. 

In the end I think he goes back to GB. He is a diva who is doing this for offseason attention. IMHO

On 2/23/2023 at 9:46 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe the last couple years.   But for most of his career the Packers did what we are now critical of McBeane for...........they used their #1 pick every year on defensive players.   The Packers really wasted his prime.   By the time they slow built their offense up to snuff and he won those last two MVP's he wasn't the force of nature that he had been in his prime.   The reality is that he got old and he has not looked like himself at the end of seasons for many years now.   They slow played themselves into a great regular season team by prioritizing defense and slowly developing players around Rodgers on offense.   But it was too late.

I'd hope the Bills would learn from this.  You have to let the draft come to you.........but you also have to find a way to be great around your great QB.   If the draft isn't going to yield you studs on offense.......find another way.   Trade for them.   Sign them in UFA.   The Packers did neither.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "Rams and nine-time All-Pro LB Bobby Wagner mutually agreed Thursday to part ways, sources tells ESPN. Rams needs more cap space and Wagner wants to win. He will now be a notable part of this year’s free-agent class. https://t.co/1A3KvudOhj" / Twitter

He had a crazy good season for the Rams.    The season was over and he was still playing like a man possessed.   At some point he has to hit a wall but someone is going to get a helluva leader next season.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Who cares if he can block. The guy is a match up nightmare. Instantly makes the offense better. 

If that were the case, he'd have better production than he's had over his career.  

He's not a legit WR2, his numbers are worse than Davis, and he's definitely not worth the price tag.

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Maybe the last couple years.   But for most of his career the Packers did what we are now critical of McBeane for...........they used their #1 pick every year on defensive players.   The Packers really wasted his prime.   By the time they slow built their offense up to snuff and he won those last two MVP's he wasn't the force of nature that he had been in his prime.   The reality is that he got old and he has not looked like himself at the end of seasons for many years now.   They slow played themselves into a great regular season team by prioritizing defense and slowly developing players around Rodgers on offense.   But it was too late.

I'd hope the Bills would learn from this.  You have to let the draft come to you.........but you also have to find a way to be great around your great QB.   If the draft isn't going to yield you studs on offense.......find another way.   Trade for them.   Sign them in UFA.   The Packers did neither.

He had a crazy good season for the Rams.    The season was over and he was still playing like a man possessed.   At some point he has to hit a wall but someone is going to get a helluva leader next season.

If he wants to win and we lose Edmunds (most likely) then I wonder if Beane could make it work cap wise. Would Wagner be willing to take a pay cut? 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

If he wants to win and we lose Edmunds (most likely) then I wonder if Beane could make it work cap wise. Would Wagner be willing to take a pay cut? 

I'd take it.   I think regardless of who the Bills replace Edmunds with they are going to have to make some changes structurally.    My opinion of their scheme is that they try to encourage the opponent to run outside.   They do that with tighter splits on the DL than I'd like to see.   That mutes the pass rush, IMO.    I'd like to see them get wider up front and funnel the run to the middle.........which just hasn't been an option with Edmunds because he's not very instinctive and clever run schemers can turn him into a tumbleweed downfield if OL can get their hands on him.    Wagner isn't going to discourage the passes over the middle.........but he's more likely to get his hands on one when they do.........and he is a lot more instinctive around the LOS.    

• Like (+1) 7

• BADOLBILZ changed the title to PFF's Top 100 likely free agents....Athletic top 150 free agents......other free agent articles

I’d like to see a legit Tight End number 2 like Hayden Hurst and a power RB like Damien Harris brought in this off-season.  It won’t cost a lot of money and will upgrade the physicality of the offense making us less 1 dimensional.  Then I’d go IOL and WR with my first 2 picks.  

On defense, I’d bring back Edmunds, move on from Poyer, and sign Clowney to a 1 year deal for Von Miller insurance.  

Awesome list Bado!

PFT's top 100 free agents:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/27/nfl-top-100-2023-free-agents-lamar-jackson-derek-carr-geno-smith-top-the-list/

26. Tremaine Edmunds

40. Jordan Poyer

Here are their top 20:

1. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson

2. Raiders quarterback Derek Carr

3. Seahawks quarterback Geno Smith

4. Giants quarterback Daniel Jones

5. Eagles defensive tackle Javon Hargrave

6. Commanders defensive tackle Daron Payne

7. Chiefs offensive tackle Orlando Brown

8. Bucs cornerback Jamel Dean

9. Eagles safety Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

10. Bengals safety Jessie Bates

11. 49ers offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey

12. Eagles cornerback James Bradberry

13. 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo

14. Raiders running back Josh Jacobs

15. Giants running back Saquon Barkley

16. Vikings defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson

17. Eagles linebacker T.J. Edwards

18. Rams linebacker Bobby Wagner

19. Patriots receiver Jakobi Meyers

20. Bucs linebacker Lavonte David

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

Thanks chongli........I added this list to the OP...........If people want to start separate threads for individual lists that is fine with me I am just trying to create a good one stop for the links on UFA at least.    If other people find them just add and I will put in the OP when I see them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Earlier I said that I wanted Orlando Brown from that list.

On second thought, I think we keep Left Tackle intact on our OL and target RIGHT tackle Mike McGlinchey on the other end.  Guards... I'm less interested in this free agent period, which makes me put a HIGHER value on OG's in this draft.  Bump up those OG's by 10-ish slots on your Big Boards people...  That's where we improve the interior OL this offseason.  Draft OG, maybe even two within the first three rounds.

OG 

OG

OC

Not flashy but wouldn't that be a surprising sight that would really help the team in my opinion.  I'm not saying this is THE must do approach at all...   but I would not be upset with it.  Linebacker, and Corner, possibly safety, DL or WR should also be considerations IF the right player slips to the Bills.

Edited by Yantha

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the article for SI's top 50 free agents from today (3/7/2023):

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/07/2023-top-50-free-agents-ranking-best-fits

[first 5 premium articles are free to read]

Edmunds is 19 and Poyer is 22.

Top 10 are:

1. Lamar Jackon

2. Orlando Brown, Jr., OT, KC

3. Javon Hargrave, DT, Philadelphia

4. Daron Payne, DT, Washington

5. Jamel Dean, CB, Tampa Bay

6. Jessie Bates, S, Cincinnati

7. Daniel Jones [now signed by NY Giants]

8. Dalton Schultz, TE, Dallas

9. James Bradberry, CB, Philadelphia

10. Tony Pollard, RB, Dallas

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.