Saquon Barkley is Still a Media Favorite to the Bills

JackKemp

People haven’t looked at our cap situation.  I know you can do some restructures but we already did a few.  It’s not happening this year    They need to create over 21 million in space just to get to 0 and operate.  More restructures and we’ll be the Saints in a couple years at 100 million over 

It’s talking head babble, nothing more, these “personalities” are required to put out content several times a day, regardless of how inane it is, much like Orlovskys latest QB list, this stuff is ninty nine percent poo. 

The Giants still are in negotiations with him.  That’s a hard no that would ever happen.  Not that if we’re playing Madden that wouldn’t be fun.  

It’s been talked to death the priorities at WR, Guards, late a TE, a Safety and so on.  We’re not in the high end free agency business.  I’m just giving the voice of pragmatism.

Not wish lists.  It’s a waste of breath.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

People haven’t looked at our cap situation.  I know you can do some restructures but we already did a few.  It’s not happening this year    They need to create over 21 million in space just to get to 0 and operate.  More restructures and we’ll be the Saints in a couple years at 100 million over 

Some believe McBeane are on the hot seat in this coming up season. One indicator could be how much cap space they create. I was told they could create about $40 - $45 million pretty easily through restructuring. Concentrating on the younger players(Allen, Milano, White, maybe Dawkins). Restructuring only with players you think you may extend again, then you can spread it out over even more years. 

If they were inclined to keep Oliver they could extend him to free up some more space. Cutting a few players could also free up space, cutting Hines would save his whole salary, so $4.8 million just with him. 

Either way I think we're going to see alot of this while Josh Allen is still Josh Allen or we win a Super Bowl.

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Some believe McBeane are on the hot seat in this coming up season. One indicator could be how much cap space they create. I was told they could create about $40 - $45 million pretty easily through restructuring. Concentrating on the younger players(Allen, Milano, White, maybe Dawkins). Restructuring only with players you think you may extend again, then you can spread it out over even more years. 

If they were inclined to keep Oliver they could extend him to free up some more space. Cutting a few players could also free up space, cutting Hines would save his whole salary, so $4.8 million just with him. 

Either way I think we're going to see alot of this while Josh Allen is still Josh Allen or we win a Super Bowl.

The "some" are wrong.  

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The "some" are wrong.  

Oh, I agree. My guess is they have 2-3 more cracks at it. If there's no Super Bowl win after that then you could see the Pegulas move on, but who knows.

I don't think they're in any hurry to move on from McBeane, especially after this past season. If there's no title and Josh is or is approaching 30 you may see some urgency out of the Pegulas then. But I think they're safe for the next few years.

25 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Oh, I agree. My guess is they have 2-3 more cracks at it. If there's no Super Bowl win after that then you could see the Pegulas move on, but who knows.

I don't think they're in any hurry to move on from McBeane, especially after this past season. If there's no title and Josh is or is approaching 30 you may see some urgency out of the Pegulas then. But I think they're safe for the next few years.

As long as the Bills are contenders Beane & McDermott are safe.  Changing coaches & GMs because the team didn't win the Super Bowl is a very dangerous thing.  There is no guarantee that the new guys will perform any better than the guys they replaced, and in a lot of cases the instability makes things worse.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

What do you consider a “bargain deal”?

Im going to predict he gets paid pretty well by someone … but maybe we have the same figure in mind?

I am thinking he gets like $12m or $13m per year, and not going to get a lot of years on it (like 2-4 years). Consider too the market is going to be absolutely flooded with free agent running backs this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am thinking he gets like $12m or $13m per year, and not going to get a lot of years on it (like 2-4 years). Consider too the market is going to be absolutely flooded with free agent running backs this year. 

I heard some media rumours that the Giants offered him $12m a year already and he turned it down...

Doubt be gets much more ..But that still is good money for an RB ...

Way too much for us though...  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.