Trade for Aaron Donald?

RichRiderBills

3 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/rams/.amp/news/los-angeles-rams-espn-jalen-ramsey-leonard-floyd-aaron-donald-trade

Rams open to trade. 

Could be the blockbuster move that sets the tone for next year. 

Obviously we'd need to shift money around and likely get him a new deal...but...

I am liking the idea. 

Umm how would this fix the O line? I mean your O scored 10 points against the Bengals and with Von Miller coming back this seems like your putting a lot of money on old players.. 

Of course it would mean clearing cap and restructuring several guys deals. There are projections on several other threads, and the notion the Bills are in cap hell is vastly overrated. 

It would also be contingent on a new deal for Donald. A cap friendly deal.

I'm pretty confident in the creative contract work of Bean. 

23 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

We broke. & We aren't a DT away. Need offensive upgrades.

Listen, I think our Dline was actually pretty good for most of the year , but we are talking Daquan Jones and Von Miller being healthy...this is about being a cruel machine in the playoffs. 

Absolutely. I had this idea a few weeks ago. Give Donald a new deal with lower cap hit.

The two questions are: what would it take to get him? How much longer does he want to play? 

you can be sure Von Miller will be suggesting this to Beane. With Von here, there’s a strong chance Donald would want to come here

Oliver + Epenesa + 2024 1st + 2025 4th

I don’t think Rams are dealing him for any less than a current starting DT + 1st

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Absolutely. I had this idea a few weeks ago. Give Darnold a new deal with lower cap hit.

The two questions are: what would it take to get him? How much longer does he want to play? 

you can be sure Von Miller will be suggesting this to Beane. With Von here, there’s a strong chance Darnold would want to come here

Oliver + Epenesa + 2024 1st + 2025 4th

I don’t think Rams are dealing him for any less than a current starting DT + 1st

It's a dim idea and you are misspelling his name so that it sounds like you are talking about a fella who sometimes play qb for the Panthers.

Thanks for the heads up on the spelling. I was just reading news on the Panthers

Lol, I totally get that. Imo, we need to concentrate our resources on upgrading the oline and perhaps bringing in a wr#2.

Thanks for the heads up on the spelling. I was just reading news on the Panthers

Wait a minute, you want to bring in more D lineman and you're reading news on the Panthers? Damn, Sean, you really need to break out of your old habits.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Lol, I totally get that. Imo, we need to concentrate our resources on upgrading the oline and perhaps bringing in a wr#2.

Wait a minute, you want to bring in more D lineman and you're reading news on the Panthers? Damn, Sean, you really need to break out of your old habits.

yea I’d love to upgrade the Oline and get a dynamic WR2, likely in the draft. If we can upgrade Ed Oliver to AD for a few extra mil (assumes new deal for AD) and find creative ways to upgrade Oline, I’d do it

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaulieYayo said:

We broke!

No, I think you mean @HOUSE is broke. We are financially challenged, as I believe he puts it. 

We don’t need to sign more expensive old guys on the DLine. I believe Von has more in the tank. One is enough. Let’s hit it with some HUGE draft steals and add some cheap labor. We desperately need it! 

The Bills need to focus on building players from the draft.  High-priced FAs or trades where they take on high salary guys just isn't a sustainable model.  

We can address some positions from FA, but those would be fairly cheap compared to what we would have to pay Donald.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Of course it would mean clearing cap and restructuring several guys deals. There are projections on several other threads, and the notion the Bills are in cap hell is vastly overrated. 

It would also be contingent on a new deal for Donald. A cap friendly deal.

I'm pretty confident in the creative contract work of Bean. 

Listen, I think our Dline was actually pretty good for most of the year , but we are talking Daquan Jones and Von Miller being healthy...this is about being a cruel machine in the playoffs. 

We scored 10 pts that last game. 10!. Even Aaron Donald isn't holding Cinci to less than 10 pts. Our D kept us afloat in the Miami game the week before & we needed 2 kick returns to beat the Pats. We need O-line help & a WR2. We've sunk 2 first round picks 2 second round picks & $100 million Von Miller into the D-line. Need to spend resources on the offense for once. It can't be all Allen & Diggs all the time there or we will never reach the SB. Just see what GB has done for years, puting resources into the D & expecting Aaron Rodgers's greatness to carry the day on O. That clearly doesn't work. Need a real supporting cast for Josh & Diggs.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

McVay knows he needs to rebuild and clear $ off books for players that won’t be a factor when his team is good again. This is step 1 in a fast rebuild. Whoever makes this trade needs to know they are overpaying for someone who might not be able or is motivated to live up to that contract. Chances are Donald plays 2 years somewhere and returns to the Rams when they are good and suddenly finds his mid 30s mojo on another Super Bowl Rams team. 

The pursuit of completely unattainable stratospheric salaried players and how to do so is alway humorous.

Maybe this should be a permanent thread, since these brilliant fixes never end and definitely never run out.

Edited by I am the egg man

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.