Senior Bowl 2:30pm NFL Network

jkeerie

The Senior Bowl is being played today and some of us be watching on the NFL Network.  Again, I ask the forum draft enthusiasts who should we Bills fans be looking at as potential draft picks?  Are there any that would be targets in the first round that might fall to the Bills?

I'm certainly hoping that this game is better than the East West Shrine Bowl.  QB play was lacking with more than a few INTs.  It was all field goals.

21 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The Senior Bowl is being played today and some of us be watching on the NFL Network.  Again, I ask the forum draft enthusiasts who should we Bills fans be looking at as potential draft picks?  Are there any that would be targets in the first round that might fall to the Bills?

I'm certainly hoping that this game is better than the East West Shrine Bowl.  QB play was lacking with more than a few INTs.  It was all field goals.

Senior Bowl

National Team:

LB Daiyan Henley, Washington State

OL Blake Freeland, Brigham Young

OL Olusegun Oluwatimi, Michigan

OL Jarrett Patterson, Notre Dame

OL Dawand Jones, Ohio State

RB Chase Brown, Illinois

WR Puka Nacua, Brigham Young

American Team:

DB Jammie Robinson, Florida State

OL O'Cyrus Torrance, Florida

OL Steve Avila, Texas Christian

OL Darnell Wright, Tennessee

TE Luke Musgrave, Oregon State

WR Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State

WR Rashee Rice, Southern Methodist

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Thank you for this.  I just did a mock draft at Profootball Network and I did take these players from your list.   

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Senior Bowl

National Team:

RB Chase Brown, Illinois

American Team:

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is there any way to ban the Bills scouting department from looking at Defensive Linemen? 

I don't mind them drafting defensive linemen, but only AFTER we draft WR and OL.  At least the first 3 picks need to be OL and WR.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Senior Bowl

National Team:

RB Chase Brown, Illinois

American Team:

Lots of starting caliber OL that can be had in rds 2-4. JM Schmitz is a DUDE too

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Lots of starting caliber OL that can be had in rds 2-4. JM Schmitz is a DUDE too

Jeremiah just said that the entire starting oline for the American Team could be day one starters in the NFL.  I believe Schmitz was at center and Torrence was at LG. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Schmitz is a NASTY DUDE!! 

Yeah, he's not going to be there at the end of the 2nd round.  He had a very, very good week at practice. He and Torrance were by far heads and shoulders of the rest of the pack. Torrance will be gone in the first. 

Small school darling Cody Mauch also had a good week and today he's played guard, center and right tackle.  Steve Avila from TCU held up better than I expected.  He was a consensus first team all American at LG, but sometimes ..idk...you wonder how they do against that type of competition.  He more than held his own.

Dawand Jones had about as dominant a day at RT as you could have on the first day.  I'm sure there were people running over from watching other positions to watch his reps. 

But then he got concussed and had to sit out the rest of the week.

2 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Yeah, he's not going to be there at the end of the 2nd round.  He had a very, very good week at practice. He and Torrance were by far heads and shoulders of the rest of the pack. Torrance will be gone in the first. 

Small school darling Cody Mauch also had a good week and today he's played guard, center and right tackle.  Steve Avila from TCU held up better than I expected.  He was a consensus first team all American at LG, but sometimes ..idk...you wonder how they do against that type of competition.  He more than held his own.

Dawand Jones had about as dominant a day at RT as you could have on the first day.  I'm sure there were people running over from watching other positions to watch his reps. 

But then he got concussed and had to sit out the rest of the week.

Darnell Walker has been holding his own at RT. Lots of talent in this draft. Asim Richards. The center from Michigan

Edited by Solomon Grundy

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Darnell Walker has been holding his own at RT. Lots of talent in this draft

Yeah, I thought he looked good this week, absent getting beat badly once by Will  MxcDonald in practice.  MCDonald is a guy I wouldn't mind nabbing if he makes it to say..the 3rd round.  

Bergeron of Syracuse also looked pretty solid, I thought.

I can't say I was very impressed with the outside pass rushers though.  Maybe that's good for us..Maybe they won't waste a 1st or 2nd on an edge rusher. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.