How the Super Bowl teams Offensive Rosters were assembled.

Chaos

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

The Bills are the only team whose fans are requested to "trust the process".  So presumably, other teams don't have a process.  Just random grabass decision making with no direction or purpose. And like the proverbial monkeys on a typewriter one of the other 31 teams random grabass directionless decision making results in a championship every year.  

They're not even the only team in our division who uses the phrase 'trust the process'. 

On 2/4/2023 at 9:05 AM, Chaos said:

While neither the Chiefs or Eagles have a process to trust, it is pretty remarkable that the Eagles drafted 10 offensive starters and then added AJ Brown.  

I would be suprised to learn that any other Super Bowl team had that much drafting success in the last 30 years. 

328348759_666668048590180_1089360266311913584_n.thumb.jpg.8a4debfb8c09997d2aeedc7366c88e30.jpg

that’s pretty solid work by the iggies

On 2/4/2023 at 12:08 PM, Mr. WEO said:

click the link.  It's about the Eagles.  They have had "trust the process" before McD and Beane came along.

And Coach Saban had it when some of these guys (including McDermott) were kids.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/372107-the-process-sabans-formula-for-life

It has always amazed me how folks think that McDermott invented this philosophy. Not even remotely close.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:31 AM, bobobonators said:

People on here keep overreacting. Acting like the eagles are a 16-1 team and the Bills are 4-13, miles away. Once teams like the Bills, Eagles, Chiefs, Bengals, Niners etc meet in the playoffs anything can happen. We lost, move on. Why are some of you impressed how other teams have drafted/built their rosters but not the Bills. Going into the season we were overwhelming viewed as having an amazing roster. And guess what - we went 13-3. Not 3-13. 

Off the top of my head starters we drafted:

Allen

Dawkins

Brown

Singletary

Davis

Shakir (didn’t he have the most receiving yds in the playoffs for us?)

Tre

Oliver

Edmunds

Milano

Taron Johnson

That compares to any other team in the playoffs. You reach a point in talent levels between teams where W/L come down to coaching, execution, and a little luck. 

I suggest many of you get over your doom and gloom and grow a pair. 

Do you consider this season a successful one?

What should the standard be for a successful season for this team?

On 2/4/2023 at 9:05 AM, Chaos said:

While neither the Chiefs or Eagles have a process to trust, it is pretty remarkable that the Eagles drafted 10 offensive starters and then added AJ Brown.  

I would be suprised to learn that any other Super Bowl team had that much drafting success in the last 30 years. 

328348759_666668048590180_1089360266311913584_n.thumb.jpg.8a4debfb8c09997d2aeedc7366c88e30.jpg

Interesting how the two teams did it very differently (one via FA the other via the draft) with one's QB on his rookie contract and the other earning big bucks.

It's also interesting to note that the Bills have not been good at ether approach on the offensive side of the ball over the last two seasons.

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Let’s see:

Allen - Draft

Singletary/Cook - draft

Gilliam - Draft (UDFA)

Knox - Draft

Diggs - Trade

Davis - Draft 

Dawkins - Draft

Bates - Trade (for nothing) 

Morse - FA

Staffold - FA

Brown - Draft

7 if our 11 are drafts, only one is a first rounder. 

Allen & Diggs get an A+

Knox & Morse get a B

The rest are at C or lower.  And that is the problem.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:31 AM, bobobonators said:

People on here keep overreacting. Acting like the eagles are a 16-1 team and the Bills are 4-13, miles away. Once teams like the Bills, Eagles, Chiefs, Bengals, Niners etc meet in the playoffs anything can happen. We lost, move on. Why are some of you impressed how other teams have drafted/built their rosters but not the Bills. Going into the season we were overwhelming viewed as having an amazing roster. And guess what - we went 13-3. Not 3-13. 

Off the top of my head starters we drafted:

Allen

Dawkins

Brown

Singletary

Davis

Shakir (didn’t he have the most receiving yds in the playoffs for us?)

Tre

Oliver

Edmunds

Milano

Taron Johnson

That compares to any other team in the playoffs. You reach a point in talent levels between teams where W/L come down to coaching, execution, and a little luck. 

I suggest many of you get over your doom and gloom and grow a pair. 

most of those players were/are overrated or in the wrong system.  

15 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I think 13-3 with an injury decimated secondary, losing Von Miller, injuries to DTs, Dawson Knox brother dying, Spencer Brown playing with little offseason training, 2 blizzards- one costing a home game the other causing travel problems and finally Damar Hamlin’s heart stopping on the field is pretty respectable.  And the division competition is all pretty good, too.

Edited by OldTimer1960

15 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Chiefs and Eagles  had the number 1 and 2 graded olines in the sport…proof it all starts in the trenches. You can have all the speed in the world if you’re QB isn’t Josh Allen behind the 28th graded line you aren’t going anywhere. 

Man, the bolded really says it all.  

When you have a top QB - you have to have a good line.  I think Beane fully understands that, but he has his work cut out for him to just get our line in the top half of the league.

Oh would you like to talk about how the Eagles won a SB in 18 and their GM wasn’t satisfied and they have an entire new QB n coaching staff since that SB and are back again. While our GM refuses to put his personal feelings aside and get rid of coaches that aren’t able to get us over the hump. 

18 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

No, I believe the Buffalo Bills went into this season with the outlook of nothing short of a SB victory or the season is a failure. A lot of league insiders & analysts thought the same. I think they failed miserably. I think they performed in 2 playoff games this season alone horrendous & uninspired. This season was a failure I don’t care about the record. We were weak against division opponents, only won games because of JA heroics not because of coaching & we almost lost n did lose games we shouldn’t have because of coaching & sloppy fundamentals. While coaching has again and again failed in the playoffs but it’s showing they are just failing on gameday year in n year out. This Bills team has been sloppy. Stupid penalties, horrible tackling, dumb timeouts, no innovation, no motivation & just poor scheme. They had no fight in them. That’s a sign of bad coaching. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.