Would Bengals trade Tee Higgins? Contract demands reportedly “outrageous”

Big Blitz

I saw this earlier and avoided making a thread myself.

He's dope. There's no way we sign him for what he wants.

But if there's any way we could and if the opportunity was there. We should.

He'll sign with some trash asss team like the Broncos or Raiders or Jets. We'll keep dreaming for a Gabe Davis replacement.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

He'll sign with some trash asss team like the Broncos or Raiders or Jets. We'll keep dreaming for a Gabe Davis replacement.

We don’t need to sign him, we just need some other team to do it. Wait until the Bengals have to pay Burrows. That will level the playing field a bit. 

• Agree 5

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

We don’t need to sign him, we just need some other team to do it. Wait until the Bengals have to pay Burrows. That will level the playing field a bit. 

This is not a good argument. I wish the Bills had so many good wideouts they couldn't pay them all.

Who did we have to let go to pay Josh? Oh that's right...

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep.  He’s going to be the highest paid WR

No way they trade him tho.  

They need to pay Burrow and Chase. Higgins will get WR1 money somewhere. The smart move by the Bengals is probably to trade him for a first plus more picks and replace him in the draft. A team could stay ahead of the game like that. He was a second round pick. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep.  He’s going to be the highest paid WR

No way they trade him tho.  

He is terrific, but he is not even the best receiver on the team.

He and his agent must realize that the Bengal s can't swing this

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

Higgins is a #1 receiver talent. But he isn't Cincy's #1 receiver. 

He doesn't deserve the best receiver in the league money but he does deserve paying like a #1. They should trade him to a team in the top 15 of the draft and take a tackle.

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Let this guy get away from Burrough and Chase and see how good he really is. Probably will go to the Bears and just disappear 

He won't. He is really good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5

7 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

No NFL team has two expensive WR and  QB under their big contract. TB sorta comes close but Brady’s cap hit was $12M this year and he is now off the books.

If the Bengals can’t make it work with $100M in space, then there’s no way the Bills can. 

9 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Bills just need to get Beas, Crowder or Shakir back for the slot and Gabe will free up again.   I am not concerned.  Crowder's serious injury and the disfunctional way Beas was treated trashed the slot position this year.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

No NFL team has two expensive WR and  QB under their big contract. TB sorta comes close but Brady’s cap hit was $12M this year and he is now off the books.

If the Bengals can’t make it work with $100M in space, then there’s no way the Bills can. 

Actually, Brady isn't off the books in TB.  I just saw that they will be carrying $23M in dead money with some procedural moves possible to reduce it to $11M this year.  They kicked the can down the road and it is now time to pay up.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Higgins is a #1 receiver talent. But he isn't Cincy's #1 receiver. 

He doesn't deserve the best receiver in the league money but he does deserve paying like a #1. They should trade him to a team in the top 15 of the draft and take a tackle.

He won't. He is really good. 

I think you are exactly correct.  I also believe his contract demands are part of a strategy to get out of Cincinnati.  As long as he is there, he will be viewed as their #2 and his stats and recognition will be suppressed.  Players want recognition and the pay and endorsements that come along with that.  I'm not sure that there will be many teams willing to give up a bunch of picks to get him but it only takes one to make it happen.  Some potential trade partners may be concerned about his recent injury history.  He has missed a few games in the last two seasons.  Paired with the right QB and WR group, Higgins can be a game changer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.