Josh = Phil Rivers (just messenger)

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You should see the OP in the game threads he’s a pats fan but goes under his 29 years of fan hood to troll bills fans….he often disappears when Josh has a good game funny how that works 

100% incorrect. you should be embarrassed fabricating these things… 

Just realistic about where the team is right now. Are you happy they keep blowing it year after year after year? 

Go watch Kurt Warners recap of the playoff loss. QB play was a major issue. 

Phil used to blow it the the playoffs too.  Still a HOF talent. 

Sorry having some perspective is so tough for you. I’m sure you think Jim Kelly was the greatest qb in history during his day too. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

19 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve spoken with numerous fans of football, many teams…. 

Common consensus is Allen is an afterthought. Somewhere between Rivers and Newton. 

Mahommes is new Brady, Burrow is new Manning….

so far it all holds up. 

sucks we could’ve had that guy 

are you like 12? Give me my 30 seconds back I wasted on this

• Haha (+1) 2

So it’s effectively divided into

1) adults saying here’s why I disagree with that take

2) adults saying yeah… I can see it 

3) waaaaaaah how dare you reiterate a controversial take about a pattern I'm too mentally soft to consider 

there is also the fact that Rivers was really really good but never finished in the playoffs. 

thanks 1s and 2s.

Feel sorry for the 3s… the thread title probably really hurt emotionally.  😭 

• Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Just realistic about where the team is right now. Are you happy they keep blowing it year after year after year? 

Sorry having some perspective is so tough for you. I’m sure you think Jim Kelly was the greatest qb in history during his day too. 

Hey look I know you’re a Mac Jones guy they just need to get him a couple wrs and I could see them getting a wildcard spot 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

What does this have to do with a golf match?

You said it’s Mahomes and Burrow in this years golf match…

No I didn't. I said it was Mahomes and Burrow getting the spotlight as the 2 top dogs in the AFC. Last year it was Josh and Mahomes, this year it is Joe Cool being considered the front runner behind Mahomes. I could care less about golf. Josh likes it so I hope he has a good time. the Pro Bowl isn't worth it anymore.

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Its nice when you can put everyone in their own little buckets but its not realistic, nor is it perspective, its just convenience. I remember when people were saying Luck/RG3/Wilson were the "new gen" and everyone predicted years upon years of success. 10 years later and 2 have been retired for several years and the 3rd is a shell of what he was.

Stop trying to paint everyone in their damn boxes and respect what you see Allen do what he does on the field which is a hell of a lot more than Rivers.

Edited by What a Tuel

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Hey look I know you’re a Mac Jones guy they just need to get him a couple wrs and I could see them getting a wildcard spot 

Good luck with that

23 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

are you like 12? Give me my 30 seconds back I wasted on this

Uh oh ur wife hacked your account 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

OP, um no.  Allen is widely considered one of the top 3 QB’s in the league with Hurts.  Hurts. Is still newer and hasn’t accomplished as much as Allen, and yes, I know Allen has not

made the SB.

You are right Allen is considered top 3. You are wrong about Hurts. The top 3 are 

Mahomes

Borrows

Allen

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I spoke to 3 different football fans today, and all would rather have Allen than Burrow.

To me the question is McDermott. He needs to get this team over the hump. 

I think he will, but he's been out coached in the playoffs twice in a row now. 

That be a close call for me. Just because Burrows has that swagger about him that seems to make the people around him play better. Mind you both are great players but to say Allen > Burrows right now is premature.. Burrows in 2 full seasons has gone to the SB once and the AFCCG game twice… Allen hasn’t made either yet.. 

Is Allen more talented? Yes, so was Peyton to Brady, hell Rogers had more than both and we know which one is the GOAT. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

You are right Allen is considered top 3. You are wrong about Hurts. The top 3 are 

Mahomes

Borrows

Allen

Burrow is excellent now and he is Joe Cool.  Hurts is just earlier in his development.  I didn’t add Brady and Rodgers as we won’t know if Brady truly stays retired.  Who knows where Rodgers will end up.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

That be a close call for me. Just because Burrows has that swagger about him that seems to make the people around him play better. Mind you both are great players but to say Allen > Burrows right now is premature.. Burrows in 2 full seasons has gone to the SB once and the AFCCG game twice… Allen hasn’t made either yet.. 

Is Allen more talented? Yes, so was Peyton to Brady, hell Rogers had more than both and we know which one is the GOAT. 

Yeah Allen and the Bills made the AFC Championship Game in 2020. 

Allen has statistically been the better QB than Burrow in the playoffs, but then again several QBs are. Burrow has led a playoff offense that averages only 22 ppg now 7 playoff games into his career. He's lost twice with a defense that's never given up more than 24 points and averages giving up 18.8 ppg in those 7 games. And a fg kicker who is 19/19. He's led them on only 14 td drives and 19 fg drives lol. That's horrible QB play. As I said he's so far behind Allen statically in 1 less game in the playoffs that if he was to equal Allen's numbers this is what his next game would have look like: 508 yards passing, 8 passing tds, 0 ints, 316 yards rushing, 1 rushing td, 16 yards receiving, 1 receiving td. 

Getting to and/or winning a Super Bowl is a team accomplishment, credit shouldn't go to a single player. Unless maybe where elite play warrants it. It doesn't in this case.

Burrow has been surrounded by an elite playoff defense, an elite playoff kicker, the best WR trio in the game, a great coaching staff and he's squandered it 2 years running. Josh could only be so lucky to have everything Burrow has had at his disposal. What's that Tee Higgins wants #1 WR money? Time's a ticking Joe until the playing field is on more evened ground.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

22 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve spoken with numerous fans of football, many teams…. 

Common consensus is Allen is an afterthought. Somewhere between Rivers and Newton. 

Mahommes is new Brady, Burrow is new Manning….

so far it all holds up. 

sucks we could’ve had that guy 

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard today. And I spent the entire day in Kentucky.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Josh Allen in the playoffs last year against Patrick Mahomes:

27/37 for 329 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT

Joe Burrow in the playoffs last year against Patrick Mahomes:

23/38 for 250 yards, 2TD, 1 INT

Burrow won 27-24

Allen lost 42-36

Anybody who says Burrow is better against Mahomes than Allen is either not paying attention, or is a troll. I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses about last week as well, but again Burrow went 26-41 for 270 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT. Shockingly awful take.

Burrow has beaten Maholmes when it matters, Allen hasn’t.  That’s not a take, that’s fact.  Burrow has also beaten Maholmes more in the regular season as well. 

Burrow had a far better year than Allen this year, that’s fact.  Burrow destroyed the Bills and Allen, that’s fact.   Burrow is currently regarded as the better QB by everyone that doesn’t love the Bills. 

20 hours ago, Success said:

Allen hasn't beaten Mahomes in meaningful games?

This isn't tennis.  Allen played better than Mahomes last year, and drove the Bills to what should have been a win, IN Kansas City.  

Yeah? Who won? Who has the credit for the game winning drive?  Who has won every playoff match-up?   Sorry, but moral victories don’t count in the real world.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Burrow has beaten Maholmes when it matters, Allen hasn’t.  That’s not a take, that’s fact.  Burrow has also beaten Maholmes more in the regular season as well. 

Burrow had a far better year than Allen this year, that’s fact.  Burrow destroyed the Bills and Allen, that’s fact.   Burrow is currently regarded as the better QB by everyone that doesn’t love the Bills. 

Yeah? Who won? Who has the credit for the game winning drive?  Who has won every playoff match-up?   Sorry, but moral victories don’t count in the real world.

Automatically disagree with takes that gives a single player credit for a team accomplishment. 12 other qbs could've reached the Super Bowl last year with that defense, that coaching staff, that WR trio and that fg kicker. But hey go give all the credit to the man who did the least out of those I listed on his team. Averages 22 ppg, led an offense that only scored a td on 16.6% of their drives, but kicked fgs on 33.2% of their droves. Led the offense to 7 tds in 4 games. Way to go Joe, you killed it!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

35 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yeah Allen and the Bills made the AFC Championship Game in 2020. 

Allen has statistically been the better QB than Burrow in the playoffs, but then again several QBs are. Burrow has led a playoff offense that averages only 22 ppg now 7 playoff games into his career. He's lost twice with a defense that's never given up more than 24 points and averages giving up 18.8 ppg in those 7 games. And a fg kicker who is 19/19. He's led them on only 14 td drives and 19 fg drives lol. That's horrible QB play. As I said he's so far behind Allen statically in 1 less game in the playoffs that if he was to equal Allen's numbers this is what his next game would have look like: 508 yards passing, 8 passing tds, 0 ints, 316 yards rushing, 1 rushing td, 16 yards receiving, 1 receiving td. 

Getting to and/or winning a Super Bowl is a team accomplishment, credit shouldn't go to a single player. Unless maybe where elite play warrants it. It doesn't in this case.

Burrow has been surrounded by an elite playoff defense, an elite playoff kicker, the best WR trio in the game, a great coaching staff and he's squandered it 2 years running. Josh could only be so lucky to have everything Burrow has had at his disposal. What's that Tee Higgins wants #1 WR money? Time's a ticking Joe until the playing field is on more evened ground.

I forgot that was the AFCCG in 2021 I thought was division round.. I stand corrected.

Sigh the rest is excuse making I heard so much from Colts fans threw the Peyton years..  sadly your wrong about this for Allen, the Bills had the better Defense than the Bengals this year, as for coaching I don’t think the Bengals are any better. The true difference is the. E gals drafts better than most everyone else and has a lot of young elite talent out there on O. Those 3 WR are awesome but their O line is definitely inferior to the Bills O line which wasn’t very good either. The truth is the Bengals the last 2 years have excelled in the playoffs.. The Bills were 13 seconds last year from being repeats in the AFC Game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.