Josh = Phil Rivers (just messenger)

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve spoken with numerous fans of football, many teams…. 

Common consensus is Allen is an afterthought. Somewhere between Rivers and Newton. 

Mahommes is new Brady, Burrow is new Manning….

so far it all holds up. 

sucks we could’ve had that guy 

Let's say this is true. I'd say Josh is Big Ben before I ever say Rivers

• Like (+1) 3

So far in his career, Josh has had similar success to what Rivers had, both having good regular season results, and being bumped out of the postseason.
   Until Josh accepts and learns that mixing in a more Brady esq style of QB ing will bring him the success he so covets, I suspect he and the Bills will get no further. Josh will always be considered a very good QB, but with a processing flaw that doesn’t allow him to make the correct choice to move the chains instead of an ill advised low percentage option, and then having to punt, (coaching as well has a fair bit to do with this) Josh really can be called the “mad bomber” at the his point …, 

GO BILLS!!! 🤞🤞🤞

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Common consensus is Allen is an afterthought. Somewhere between Rivers and Newton. 

so far it all holds up. 

whatever.  I'm ready to play it back with the same f ing roster next year (with Crowder, Beas, Von Miller, 100% Tre, Micah, 100% Poyer, 100% SBrown, Hines, 100% Josh, Daquan/Oliver combo, etc etc.   ).  right now.  McBeanes are killing it.   Media will take their foot off the gas (less night games every possible day of the week) and we'll have a good draft and go from there.   2nd season uptick from Dorsey and off we go.  Have some confidence.  

• Vomit 2

5 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Hello, welcome to the game of football. There's so much wrong here, you got to be new to the game. First off the Pegulas aren't worried about their roi with the Bills. They've spent a ton of money on their facilities, facilities that are known to be among the best in the league. Have no idea where you got that one from. Also Terry puts tons of money up front for contracts, again it up there with other top teams. Terry pumps alot of money back into his team and spares no expense for his players and coaches. 

Next the Bills are going to grass because it's safer for their players. I'm glad owners are tired of watching their players blow out ACLs because of turf. Tre's & Von's ACLs both on turf(And Thanksgiving).

And lastly if you ever heard Josh talk about Buffalo and the Bills you know he's not going anywhere. 

I'm starting to think this guy has to be a Parody account.  His takes are always awful

14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

So far in his career, Josh has had similar success to what Rivers had, both having good regular season results, and being bumped out of the postseason.
   Until Josh accepts and learns that mixing in a more Brady esq style of QB ing will bring him the success he so covets, I suspect he and the Bills will get no further. Josh will always be considered a very good QB, but with a processing flaw that doesn’t allow him to make the correct choice to move the chains instead of an ill advised low percentage option, and then having to punt, (coaching as well has a fair bit to do with this) Josh really can be called the “mad bomber” at the his point …, 

GO BILLS!!! 🤞🤞🤞

Yet he wasn't playing that kind of qb against the Patriots and in the 13 seconds fiasco. This year, a combination of oline play, coaching, outside factors, I dunno, resulted in Josh Allen reverting to what you are talking about. It's a concern, but I think he's already shown he's capable of more mature play.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yet he wasn't playing that kind of qb against the Patriots and in the 13 seconds fiasco. This year, a combination of oline play, coaching, outside factors, I dunno, resulted in Josh Allen reverting to what you are talking about. It's a concern, but I think he's already shown he's capable of more mature play.

I agree that he can do it, I also believe he needs a kick in the azs from time to time to make him remember what he should be doing, 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Daboll clearly had more control than Dorsey in his first year. 

Dabol was happy to get on Josh when he was not doing his job correctly, Dorsey, not so much, but I could be wrong…, again, 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

so far it all holds up. 

Maybe they were comparing Allen/Rivers HC's😎

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

so far it all holds up. 

See Burrow without Boyd, Chase, and Higgins, and you'll be surprised. The fact is more defensive players still rank Mahomes and Allen the toughest quarterbacks to play against. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Einstein said:

He is playing at Pebble Beach and was in the celebrity golf match with Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes last season.

Last year, it was Allen and Mahomes. This year it's Burrow and Mahomes and for obvious reasons.  CIN/KC was the AFC Championship 2 years in a row. Until we get there, the pecking order has changed. Josh is #3 Hurts is #4, Herbert is #5.  

#4 and #5 are rising and #3 has been descending. Some will say Hurts is now #3, especially if they win the SB.

For physical gifting and upside, Josh is a clear #1. I believe part of Josh's descent was his OC, as evidenced by Daboll's work with Jones.   It's going to take work and a revamped offense to climb back up, but the joy is we have a Top#5 QB and it's been a long, long time since Buffalo has been afforded that luxury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Hope the Mods won’t merge this because i think this a different angle on looking at Josh vs the others two.

I won’t make a list on the three QBs characteristics, many of you already did very accurately.

Thers’s just a reason, just one, that show everybody why JOSH17 is right now the best QB in the game.

Give Josh a great OL or give Josh Diggs,  Chase or Jefferson, and healty Bease and Kelce and Buffalo scores 40 every single game.

Not 30, not 35, but up to 40, yes FOURTY POINTS A GAME. 

Josh17 a pure beast, a unicorn, a gift from the sky, best cannon in the game, a linebacker body type, a fullback runner, a true warrior courage.

Do the “others two” have this special sides ? NO.

Could the “others two” accomplish what Josh17 does with the weak offensive weapons he play with ? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Those are pure facts ! 

That’s why Josh17 is the best of best bests talent in the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.