Josh = Phil Rivers (just messenger)

Looks pretty even to me, rather than Allen being an afterthought:

Here are some stats for these three QBs over the last two seasons:

Player          Record      Total Yards      Total TDs

Burrow         22-10            9,461                 76

Allen             24-9            10, 215                84

Mahomes     26-8            10, 828               84

As far as I can see it, there are only two categories where you can knock Allen below the other two. The first is completion % (Burrow=69.27; Mahomes=66.69; Allen=63.31), but let's not forget that for good or bad, Allen throws way more low percentage passes than the other two. If he took more of what the defense gave him rather than going for homerun balls, his % would probably be right there with the other two. But, what he lacks in completion percentage, he makes up for in the run game (as he is a far superior runner to the other two).

And the second item is playoff wins. Over the last two years, Burrow has the best playoff record at 5-2; Mahomes is 3-1 (pre-Superbowl obviously); and Allen is 2-2. But, if 13 seconds doesn't happen, then Allen is at least 3-1 and Mahomes is 2-2, so not a big difference there (a coin flip, if you will). And if the Bills had advanced last year over KC, maybe they beat Cincy and everything is different. Anyhow, this is still a team game and circumstances and luck play a part in playoff runs as well. But, this is where I think the OP and other fans are getting the Allen is an afterthought idea, because he didn't advance as far as the other two in the playoffs the last two years. Hard to say it was his fault for not advancing last year, he played every bit as good, if not better than Mahomes and Burrow in the playoffs last year. And this year, just a lot of bad luck and crazy circumstances. Give it a few more years and I bet things will even out.

But, if we want to talk playoffs, let's look at their game averages in the playoffs over the last two years:

Allen (4 gms): 361 total yds, 3.25 TDs, and 0.75 INTs per game

Mahomes (5 gms): 342 total yds; 3.2 TDs, and 0.6 INTs per game

Burrow (7 gms): 275 total yds; 1.43 TDs, and 0.57 INTs per game

Allen and Mahomes (stat-wise) have far outperformed Burrow in the playoffs...but again, it is a team game. A QB does not win it on his own.

Can't we just accept that these three players are pretty much all on par at the top of the game. No need to put one down to raise another up. They're all great and it will be fun to watch them battle it out over the next decade or so.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

So far, Allen hasn’t gotten it done, Maholmes IS the unquestioned best, Burrow looks to be #2 at this point and he’s actually taken Maholmes down in their biggest games.  Allen has yet to beat Maholmes in a meaningful game.  I think Allen is more Farve than Rivers, he’s got that wild man to him, he’s fun to watch, he tries to do it all and his team is built just like GB, all the resources dedicated to anything but weapons on O and there are plenty of teams that are better overall, so he has to be perfect.

Allen hasn't beaten Mahomes in meaningful games?

This isn't tennis.  Allen played better than Mahomes last year, and drove the Bills to what should have been a win, IN Kansas City.  

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He’s about to lose a second Super Bowl.  

Jordan??

The Bengals and Burrow choked so hard.  That game was theirs - they got out coached and Burrow vomited on himself the last 2 drives. 

Double team Chris Jones next time.  

He came out the gate with an MVP and 50 TDs.

He’s going to win a 2nd MVP.

He’s never played a road Playoff game, and is 10-3 now.

His 3rd Super Bowl appearance by 27. 

His average season is 4800 yards and 38 TDs, 10 Ints at 66%. 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve spoken with numerous fans of football, many teams…. 

Common consensus is Allen is an afterthought. Somewhere between Rivers and Newton. 

Mahommes is new Brady, Burrow is new Manning….

so far it all holds up. 

sucks we could’ve had that guy 

Who are you people? 

• Like (+1) 2

If you're a true Bills fan you know 17 is far superior than both 

1 hour ago, folz said:

Looks pretty even to me, rather than Allen being an afterthought:

Here are some stats for these three QBs over the last two seasons:

Player          Record      Total Yards      Total TDs

Burrow         22-10            9,461                 76

Allen             24-9            10, 215                84

Mahomes     26-8            10, 828               84

As far as I can see it, there are only two categories where you can knock Allen below the other two. The first is completion % (Burrow=69.27; Mahomes=66.69; Allen=63.31), but let's not forget that for good or bad, Allen throws way more low percentage passes than the other two. If he took more of what the defense gave him rather than going for homerun balls, his % would probably be right there with the other two. But, what he lacks in completion percentage, he makes up for in the run game (as he is a far superior runner to the other two).

And the second item is playoff wins. Over the last two years, Burrow has the best playoff record at 5-2; Mahomes is 3-1 (pre-Superbowl obviously); and Allen is 2-2. But, if 13 seconds doesn't happen, then Allen is at least 3-1 and Mahomes is 2-2, so not a big difference there (a coin flip, if you will). And if the Bills had advanced last year over KC, maybe they beat Cincy and everything is different. Anyhow, this is still a team game and circumstances and luck play a part in playoff runs as well. But, this is where I think the OP and other fans are getting the Allen is an afterthought idea, because he didn't advance as far as the other two in the playoffs the last two years. Hard to say it was his fault for not advancing last year, he played every bit as good, if not better than Mahomes and Burrow in the playoffs last year. And this year, just a lot of bad luck and crazy circumstances. Give it a few more years and I bet things will even out.

But, if we want to talk playoffs, let's look at their game averages in the playoffs over the last two years:

Allen (4 gms): 361 total yds, 3.25 TDs, and 0.75 INTs per game

Mahomes (5 gms): 342 total yds; 3.2 TDs, and 0.6 INTs per game

Burrow (7 gms): 275 total yds; 1.43 TDs, and 0.57 INTs per game

Allen and Mahomes (stat-wise) have far outperformed Burrow in the playoffs...but again, it is a team game. A QB does not win it on his own.

Can't we just accept that these three players are pretty much all on par at the top of the game. No need to put one down to raise another up. They're all great and it will be fun to watch them battle it out over the next decade or so.

👆

My guy destroyed this argument 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t have a doubt in my mind aJosh Allen is winning a Super Bowl. The doubt is weather it is in Buffalo. Most likely not because PSE ownership isn’t committed to winning a Super Bowl for the Buffalo Bills just ROI and profits over winning anything. If PSE ownership was committed to winning that new Buffalo Bills stadium would be domed and PSE would pay for all the extra costs. The Florida Gators posts earlier today had a point with their $85 million dollar facilities for the Florida Gators. Players are getting resort like facilities at the major college conferences. The Buffalo Bills are going to have a recruiting problem in the future as more and more NFL football facilities are domed. Plus the Tennessee Titans are removing there grass for turf. Our clueless Bills owner is removing turf for grass which is also a mistake. PSE isn’t committed to giving Buffalo Bills the best facilities to win unfortunately in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I wouldn't just compare him to Rivers.........but I made a similar point here last week...........there are a lot of parallels between these Bills and the Schottenheimer/Turner Chargers for whom Brees and Rivers were the QB's.    

A LOT of them.    

Vegas loved those Chargers too, strong regular seasons, lauded rosters, defensive minded "culture" driven HC and of course, the QB whom unnamed GM's would all say "he's going to win a SB in the next few years" and.........then they would fall flat in the playoffs.

Those Chargers teams are long since forgotten.

One difference though is that Schottenheimer got fired after a season like McDermott had this year...........which didn't work out well for San Diego because Norv Turner was a sloppy HC like Wade Phillips and their program steadily deteriorated.............but part of Schottenheimers firing was likely tied to that being the 3rd culture driven re-build he had overseen and the prior 2 times, in Cleveland and Kansas City, things hadn't gotten better so I believe the Spanos family felt he had proven he simply could finish.

I see all that. The lesson from Schotty though is all the teams that let him go went from contending to mediocre pretty quickly. 

• Agree 3

He's never had the offensive firepower KC or the Bengals have had.  Comparisons are dumb due to that.  We've had pretty much only Diggs to help him.  We need more weapons for him.  We have 2 legit recievers then let's see how Josh does.  Decent line, good 2nd wr, he will be at the very top of the qb discussion. 

• Like (+1) 2

Go back outside. 

Rethaw and try again.

It amazes me people find the time in their day to come on here and post stuff like this.

Like YOU have a mouth and access to fans of other teams and no one else does? This is just a weird look. Are you not really a Bills fan? Do you like trolling your own fans? Are you looking for attention? My god man... although I disagree, I at least understand the folks upset w McBeane. But to be upset with the man who brought you the entirety of your enjoyment of football over the last 4 years? Respectfully, find a new hobby. Football aint for you.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

He's never had the offensive firepower KC or the Bengals have had.  Comparisons are dumb due to that.  We've had pretty much only Diggs to help him.  We need more weapons for him.  We have 2 legit recievers then let's see how Josh does.  Decent line, good 2nd wr, he will be at the very top of the qb discussion. 

Exactly....his support system is a joke compared to Mahomes/Burrow. Not to mention some knucklehead coaches.  I'll never blame Josh for the lost opportunities of 20, 21, 22.  And I'm hardly convinced this regime will fix things.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I don’t have a doubt in my mind aJosh Allen is winning a Super Bowl. The doubt is weather it is in Buffalo. Most likely not because PSE ownership isn’t committed to winning a Super Bowl for the Buffalo Bills just ROI and profits over winning anything. If PSE ownership was committed to winning that new Buffalo Bills stadium would be domed and PSE would pay for all the extra costs. The Florida Gators posts earlier today had a point with their $85 million dollar facilities for the Florida Gators. Players are getting resort like facilities at the major college conferences. The Buffalo Bills are going to have a recruiting problem in the future as more and more NFL football facilities are domed. Plus the Tennessee Titans are removing there grass for turf. Our clueless Bills owner is removing turf for grass which is also a mistake. PSE isn’t committed to giving Buffalo Bills the best facilities to win unfortunately in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Hello, welcome to the game of football. There's so much wrong here, you got to be new to the game. First off the Pegulas aren't worried about their roi with the Bills. They've spent a ton of money on their facilities, facilities that are known to be among the best in the league. Have no idea where you got that one from. Also Terry puts tons of money up front for contracts, again it up there with other top teams. Terry pumps alot of money back into his team and spares no expense for his players and coaches. 

Next the Bills are going to grass because it's safer for their players. I'm glad owners are tired of watching their players blow out ACLs because of turf. Tre's & Von's ACLs both on turf(And Thanksgiving).

And lastly if you ever heard Josh talk about Buffalo and the Bills you know he's not going anywhere. 

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.