Josh = Phil Rivers (just messenger)

56 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve spoken with numerous fans of football, many teams…. 

Common consensus is Allen is an afterthought. Somewhere between Rivers and Newton. 

Mahommes is new Brady, Burrow is new Manning….

so far it all holds up. 

sucks we could’ve had that guy 

You need to broaden out your circle and speak with some people that actually understand football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You think burrow wishes for zero Super Bowl appearances?he’s already passed that 

I am generally Not hot or cold with takes

I believe in my opinion 100% 

I’d be willing to bet $10,000 right now in Vegas that Josh Allen has more Super Bowl Appearances than burrow when all is said and done

Josh with those weapons would be unstoppable… We need to be good to our franchise quarterback

Not give him the Rogers treatment

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Allen is more Favre to me. 

In some respects they're not totally wrong. 

Mahomes has proven to be the Michael Jordan of this era. He is a mega-star. 

Burrow is the processor, the high football IQ, throw to the open man. 

He’s about to lose a second Super Bowl.  

Jordan??

The Bengals and Burrow choked so hard.  That game was theirs - they got out coached and Burrow vomited on himself the last 2 drives. 

Double team Chris Jones next time.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’d be willing to bet $10,000 right now in Vegas that Josh Allen has more Super Bowl Appearances than burrow when all is said and done

Willing to bet means squat, unless, of course you actually did, but like the sentiment.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Common consensus is Allen is an afterthought. Somewhere between Rivers and Newton. 

so far it all holds up. 

He plays more like a Favre or a Steve Young...spectacular plays mixed with disaster. Generally a good dude that his teammates like. 

Payton Manning has 13 playoff loses, he was 30 years old when he won his first Superbowl...thats alot of attempts,  patience 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, I am the egg man said:

Willing to bet means squat, unless, of course you actually did, but like the sentiment.

I mean I’m a heavy gambler 

Find me a bookie That Well give me odds on that and I’ll throw down

I’ve yet to find anybody that will give me that prop… I’m definitely not betting against Josh

I honestly believe the story is just starting

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

so far it all holds up. 

I wouldn't just compare him to Rivers.........but I made a similar point here last week...........there are a lot of parallels between these Bills and the Schottenheimer/Turner Chargers for whom Brees and Rivers were the QB's.    

A LOT of them.    

Vegas loved those Chargers too, strong regular seasons, lauded rosters, defensive minded "culture" driven HC and of course, the QB whom unnamed GM's would all say "he's going to win a SB in the next few years" and.........then they would fall flat in the playoffs.

Those Chargers teams are long since forgotten.

One difference though is that Schottenheimer got fired after a season like McDermott had this year...........which didn't work out well for San Diego because Norv Turner was a sloppy HC like Wade Phillips and their program steadily deteriorated.............but part of Schottenheimers firing was likely tied to that being the 3rd culture driven re-build he had overseen and the prior 2 times, in Cleveland and Kansas City, things hadn't gotten better so I believe the Spanos family felt he had proven he simply could finish.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Burrow actually kinda sucks in the playoffs. His stats impress no one.

Damn it's nice to see someone else say this. I've been saying this since a few weeks before the Monday night matchup. He owes all his postseason success to his defense & to his fg kicker McPherson, who's 19 for 19 on fg attempts in the last 2 years.

He got credited and praised for getting the Bengals to the Super Bowl even though his play was absolutely average. Led his offense to only 7 tds in 4 games, Josh did that by the end of game 1 last postseason. 14 fgs in 4 games, he's praised while the team kicks twice as many fgs as they score tds. If that was Josh all you would've heard was Josh Allen can't get it in the endzone when it matters most, on a loop, over and over again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean I’m a heavy gambler 

Find me a bookie That Well give me odds on that and I’ll throw down

I’ve yet to find anybody that will give me that prop… I’m definitely not betting against Josh

I honestly believe the story is just starting

I am not a heavy gambler imo. My wife would beg to differ, on that and my other life choosings.

But never was confident enough to put 10g down, but, if you got it, do it, I’m cheering for you.

I get my #’s for my 2g SB square Tues., wife has threatened to leave me over it, going on 15 yrs.

Edited by I am the egg man

43 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure… Educate us?

You’ve a turd in your pocket? Not really much of an “us” in this conversation. The “numerous” fans remind me of a girl I dated, lives in the Niagara Falls area. 

Edited by WyoAZBillfan
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm torn on much of this. I can see the Bills as a chargers like team, always real good but then never gets there. 
Mahomes has a great coach a great Oline and a generational TE and yes Mahomes is great himself. 
Burrow has the best WR group in the NFL. He is also really good. Doesn't not get emotional and takes what is given. 
Allen doesn't have the Oline, the WRs #2 and 3, the TE or the Coach. Allen is just as and if not more talented than the other two, but he does tend to make bad choices often because he feels he needs to compensate for all that the offense lacks. Put Allen on those other teams and we'd be saying the same of those other QBs. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Agree 1

Josh’s career is more like Peyton Manning. Took Manning 9 years to finally get past NE and Pittsburgh. Colts were considered a soft team that was all Manning.

Allen having more success than Manning in the 1st 5 years. Manning missed the playoffs 2 times and was eliminated 2 times in the WC round.

Rivers took over a top team.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, I am the egg man said:

I’m not a heavy gambler imo. My wife would beg to differ, on that and my other life choosings.

But never was confident enough to put 10g down, but, if you got it, do it, I’m cheering for you.

I mean I’m not happy about it

But I have lost $10,000 in a week in the stock market… I’ve made it

I’ve Also done the same gambling

I’m usually willing to risk it for the biscuit

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.