Old Bills ≠ New Bills

Hermes

I get that a lot of Bills fans love to reminisce about the old days and Kelly and the K-gun and the great D with Bruce and HOF caliber players all over the field. But this incessant nonsense comparing the team now to a team that played together 30 years ago IS A JOKE.

Get over your nostalgia and live in the moment. The Bills weren't good enough this year. It's that simple.  I'm so sick of people trying to justify the fact that they weren't the best team in NFL by the fact that 30 years ago things 'felt' similar. 

As much as the next guy/gal I want to see the Bills take the next step to win a championship and win a Superbowl it wasn't their year.

It sucks.

We've all here spent countless hours on TSW and are frustrated. However, saying this team can only follow a specific path to glory is asinine. The team has talent and with some upgrades here and there (OL, WR, etc) will be in the thick of things for years to come.

How many people have said 1 B4 I die!? Unless your 70+ years old what kind of sick joke is that. I want to see 50+ before I die and hope I live past 80 years old so I can see them all! 

So many Bills fans are so scared to let go of the past and it's infuriating.  If you can't let go of the past how can you grasp

the future.

The Bills didn't live up to expectations this year, how many of you can say the same. 

😉

Edited by Hermes
  • Vomit 6
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

9 minutes ago, Hermes said:

I get that a lot of Bills fans love to reminisce about the old days and Kelly and the K-gun and the great D with Bruce and HOF caliber players all over the field. But this incessant nonsense comparing the team now to a team that played together 30 years ago IS A JOKE.

Get over your nostalgia and live in the moment. The Bills weren't good enough this year. It's that simple.  I'm so sick of people trying to justify the fact that they weren't the best team in NFL by the fact that 30 years ago things 'felt' similar. 

As much as the next guy/gal I want to see the Bills take the next step to win a championship and win a Superbowl it wasn't their year.

It sucks.

We've all here spent countless hours on TSW and are frustrated. However, saying this team can only follow a specific path to glory is asinine. The team has talent and with some upgrades here and there (OL, WR, etc) will be in the thick of things for years to come.

How many people have said 1 B4 I die!? Unless your 70+ years old what kind of sick joke is that. I want to see 50+ before I die and hope I live past 80 years old so I can see them all! 

So many Bills fans are so scared to let go of the past and it's infuriating.  If you can't let go of the past how can you grasp the future.

The Bills didn't live up to expectations this year, how many of you can say the same. 

Ps. I'd love to discuss realistic ways the Bills can get over the hump 😉

Hey pal, I'm 73 and I have yet to see the Bills win the Super Bowl. It's not a "sick joke" to me.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

People can’t help but to compare the old with the new. I think its human nature. But clearly the 90’s team has ZERO bearing on this team or it’s potential or anything else EXCEPT…the fans (which includes the old players). With that said, all this ridiculous talk about making changes at the top needs to cease.

We just tied for the most wins in franchise history. Talk of firing Beane or McDermott is some of the most foolish gibberish I’ve heard in a long while. People talking about us “wasting” our opportunities or anything of that nature when Josh is only 26 (historically the best QBs play their best football years older than 26) and locked up for the next 6 years is asinine conversation.

How about being happy this regime has made us perennial contenders and are always seeking to improve? Do any of you complainers realize we already have one of the longest playoff streaks in the league? Stop the foolish talk already!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Hey pal, I'm 73 and I have yet to see the Bills win the Super Bowl. It's not a "sick joke" to me.

I never said it was "to you". You are 70+ and therefore outside of the demographic I was referring to 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

People can’t help but to compare the old with the new. I think its human nature. But clearly the 90’s team has ZERO bearing on this team or it’s potential or anything else EXCEPT…the fans (which includes the old players). With that said, all this ridiculous talk about making changes at the top needs to cease.

We just tied for the most wins in franchise history. Talk of firing Beane or McDermott is some of the most foolish gibberish I’ve heard in a long while. People talking about us “wasting” our opportunities or anything of that nature when Josh is only 26 (historically the best QBs play their best football years older than 26) and locked up for the next 6 years is asinine conversation.

How about being happy this regime has made us perennial contenders and are always seeking to improve? Do any of you complainers realize we already have one of the longest playoff streaks in the league? Stop the foolish talk already!

I can't see McD or Beane going anywhere anytime soon and I'm on board with that. The team is structured so well from an administrative and foundational standpoint, that most, if not all, fans have no comparison. 

I'd love to see a more aggressive defense next year and that's about it. In terms offensive production/philosophy I'm on the side that says give Dorsey a pass this year. Clearly more than just gameplan affected the team this year on numerous occasions. The post season meltdowns have hopefully provided Frazier with his ticket out but I'd it doesn't there's still a ton of talent on D that can make plays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

31 teams will fail this year. If a fans view of this team is just of if they win a SB, they are missing something special. 

This team is really good, we’ve been waiting for this for a while. There is so much that goes into winning a Championship, and luck is one of the key components. 

Seriously! Less than 2/3 of the teams in the league have a Superbowl and so many people act like without one this year it's never going to happen. News flash the Bills for the foreseeable future will be in running for a Superbowl and whether or not they get one in the next year, 3 years, or 10 years won't matter. If they even get one at all.

If they never win a Superbowl I'll still be a fan. Can you say the same?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

team was too banged up at key positions to get there this year.   Beane made all the right moves (Von Miller, DaQuan Jones, Benford, Elam, Spencer Brown, etc) but their injuries, several near or actual tragedies,  the insane 13 seconds-driven ridiculous  game schedule , did a lot to slow the train). 

Give me our roster with Philly's lack of serious injury this year and they would have gone a lot farther

10 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

31 teams will fail this year. If a fans view of this team is just of if they win a SB, they are missing something special. 

This team is really good, we’ve been waiting for this for a while. There is so much that goes into winning a Championship, and luck is one of the key components. 

The expectations for the Bills this season, both here and around media, were a championship and MVP. The Bills disappointed on every level. Saying luck is key is a cop out. The two best teams are in the Super Bowl and they didn’t need luck. They just played up to standard.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

The expectations for the Bills this season, both here and around media, were a championship and MVP. The Bills disappointed on every level. Saying luck is key is a cop out. The two best teams are in the Super Bowl and they didn’t need luck. They just played up to standard.

Why did SF lose?  Cause they didn't play up to standard? 

Of course comparing this regime to past ones is stupid!  

But good luck enjoying those 50+ Super Bowl victories before you die.

You must be young.  Wait a while!  Soon you'll be begging for one before you die too.

😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

What I’m trying to say is enjoy this ride we are on. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.