The Biden Boom: Biden's Economy Has the Best Growth Record Since 1969

12 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Anyone championing this economy is kind of proving they 

A. don't actually have to pay any bills.

B. Don't actually have to pay any bills.

Amazon, Silicon Valley and large corporations announcing mass layoffs - but yea sure - 500,000 jobs.  

I guess mom and pops businesses are thriving in this economy.  Costs are low.  Prices are low.  Energy is low.  

Makes total sense.  

State run BLS.  

Oh yea - this indicator totally makes the jobs report makes sense.  

Booming.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

I think I'll begin asking random people how they think the economy is doing when...

I see the next post on my community FB page complaining about the dramatic rise in home heating costs this year.

I check out of Costco after paying 15-20% more than I did for the same stuff this time last year.

I peruse my LinkedIn page and notice the large increase in people looking for work in my field (science/technical)

I go to a local restaurant and can't be seated even though half the tables are empty because the owner isn't able to fully staff his business.

But I guess when you live in a world with a green sky...touting the roaring success of our current economy must seem like a great idea.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The IDEA to champion this economy is amazing. please continue.  

At no time is it showing them as out of touch from the realities that the majority are facing.

64144-5f5d9b481fe5863c196d3441322ab983.j

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Amazon, Silicon Valley and large corporations announcing mass layoffs - but yea sure - 500,000 jobs.  

I guess mom and pops businesses are thriving in this economy.  Costs are low.  Prices are low.  Energy is low.  

Makes total sense.  

State run BLS.  

Booming.  

How in the good holy **** is MORE housing available a bad thing?!?

News flash: we need 3.8 MILLION HOUSING UNITS just to catch up with demand backlogged since the 1970s!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

64144-5f5d9b481fe5863c196d3441322ab983.j

How in the good holy **** is MORE housing available a bad thing?!?

Because it isn’t affordable.  And construction is going to come to a standstill.  

But I’m sure these 500,000 new employees will be able to swoop them up. 

• Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Because it isn’t affordable.  And construction is going to come to a standstill.  

But I’m sure these 500,000 new employees will be able to swoop them up. 

How do you know it’s not affordable? 

All housing is good housing, no qualifications needed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

What does a $350,000 mortgage cost today vs 2 years ago?

I’ll hang up and listen.  

Biden Boom alright.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Can’t believe nobody thought of that. It’s all so simple! Thank you!

It literally is the answer. Right wingers won’t build new housing because of “Muh neighborhood character” and left wingers won’t build new housing because “but developers might make profit :(((“

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Can’t blame the economy on incompetent corporate mismanagement…

Just like you can’t blame Biden on gas prices when oil companies are making record profits. 

But let me guess - Conald had the best economy EVER.

lolz

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

tell that to the folks surviving in the bricks.

LMAO

35 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It literally is the answer. Right wingers won’t build new housing because of “Muh neighborhood character” and left wingers won’t build new housing because “but developers might make profit :(((“

you talking about Steph getting but hurt about multi family housing going near his 30 million dollar mansion? that righty?

https://nypost.com/2023/01/30/stephen-and-ayesha-curry-object-to-new-housing-development/

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Just like you can’t blame Biden on gas prices when oil companies are making record profits. 

Are you completely economically ignorant?

What did Biden say in debate.....Here's a hint....."No new drilling anywhere" 

Not on any land and not offshore.

What did Biden do his first day in office?

What do you think was the effect of that on energy prices when the whole of western Europe was threatened with supply issues?

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Also because good libs like Steph Curry are NIMBY 24/7. Surprised you left that out as you seem very even-minded. 

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Makes total sense.  

State run BLS.  

Booming.  

That has a ton to do with interest rates though, which would have climbed no matter what.  Homes sell insanely quick when the rates are 2-3%.  They are now sitting longer with rates being at 6-7%.  Inventory increases when the homes aren't selling as quickly.  I bought a newer home at the end of 2020 simply because it wouldn't have made sense not to.  We got twice the size of our previous house, it was 100 years newer, and was in a better neighborhood.  The house is worth twice as much as our previous one, and our payment went up $150 a month.  We sold ours in 3 days with no realtor.  All because the rates were so low it made home buying much more feasible for so many more people. 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This isn't entirely true either.  We are replacing COVID jobs in there too, not just creating jobs.  There is a difference.

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1