Dan Orlovsky All-Time QB list

Solomon Grundy

Joe Montana is easily #2 on the QB all-time list, going 4-0 in Super Bowls. But it not just the 4-0 record that's impressive. In his last 3 Super Bowl appearances ranging from the 84 season through 89 he was 69/100, 69%, 985 yards, 10 tds, 0 ints and a QB Rating of 134. He had a QB Rating of at least 100.0 in all 4 Super Bowls. That's in a time period where defenses could get away with alot more in both defending WRs and crushing the QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If it wasn't for the Bills, then Marino probably has a ring or two. The Dolphins could never get past the Bills. The Kelly-Marino years were some of the best battles in the NFL at that time.

“If”.. Marino would have been demolished by The Giants, Redskins & Cowboys had complete teams typical of what gave Marino trouble. Kelly outplayed him many times head to head both in the reg season & playoffs.

Marino was the best regular season QB of the 80s stats wise.  That’s where the compliments end for him from me.. everyone has an opinion.  

Steve Young had a tremendous run after Montana left.. if it wasn’t for the stacked Cowboy teams, Steve would have won three rings.  It is what it is.

4 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

“If”.. Marino would have been demolished by The Giants, Redskins & Cowboys had complete teams typical of what gave Marino trouble. Kelly outplayed him many times head to head both in the reg season & playoffs.

Marino was the best regular season QB of the 80s stats wise.  That’s where the compliments end for him from me.. everyone has an opinion.  

Steve Young had a tremendous run after Montana left.. if it wasn’t for the stacked Cowboy teams, Steve would have won three rings.  It is what it is.

I think they could have gotten by the Giants. The Bills SHOULD HAVE but didn't. The Redskins and Cowboys probably beat the Dolphins.

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

For those who didn't want to click on the article link, here is the tweet:

1)Tom Brady 

2)Joe Montana

3)Johnny U

After that I truly don’t know..  you can make a case for many players rounding out the top 5 or 10.  One thing that I just remembered is the most talented arm I have ever seen in the NFL.  Jeff George.

talk about wasted talent.  I saw him throw 

65 yards across the field into the wind vs the Jets once.  The guy had an effortless cannon for an arm.  Best I have ever seen as far as arm strength.  That’s would be a fun thread all it’s own.

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I think they could have gotten by the Giants. The Bills SHOULD HAVE but didn't. The Redskins and Cowboys probably beat the Dolphins.

Agree.  Buffalo was the better team. The Bills should have beaten Dallas in their second SB meeting too.  Instead of that, they literally fell apart and Dallas picked up the pieces.  I do stand by my post though.  The Dolphins weren’t good enough to win against any of those teams imo.

• Like (+1) 1

If you look at stats, both regular season and playoffs, and average them out by total games, then also factor in win% for both, total playoff wins, super bowl wins, and MVPS the list would look something like this.

1. Tom Brady
  2. Peyton Manning
  3. Patrick Mahomes
  4. Brett Favre
  5. Ben Roethlisberger
  6. Drew Brees
  7. Aaron Rodgers
  8. John Elway
  9. Joe Montana
  10. Dan Marino

Incredible to think Mahomes has done this much in such a short period of time.  

40 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Steve Young had a tremendous run for 1 year, and that’s it. Great regular season QB though. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

rodgers will be a footnote in the history of the nfl in 12-15 years like kelly, favre, testeverde, and many others.

i'd rank eli over him because eli could perform when it mattered.

brady rode a defense for another ring. 

a lot of people suffering from recency bias i see

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

Left Rodgers off??? Dan Marino was not better than Aaron Rodgers…smh

Absolutely. 

Hate Rodgers, the man, all you want.  Rodgers, the QB, is best I've ever seen from a talent perspective. Release, accuracy, velocity, ball placement and efficiency - there's no one better.

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

I think Mahomes could eventually be #2 and potentially even #1, but there's no chance he is now. 1 Super Bowl win and if they lose next week and his knee bends backwards and he never played again I don't even think he's top 10

Mahomes is already a Hall of Famer, 6 years into his career.  How many QBs in history can you say that about?  Certainly not 10.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.