Dan Orlovsky All-Time QB list

Solomon Grundy

23 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Except for the guy who’s played 5 years at number 2.

Abysmal list.

Based on current trajectory the only question re: Mahomes is whether he will win enough rings to make the GOAT debate interesting.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Based on current trajectory the only question re: Mahomes is whether he will win enough rings to make the GOAT debate interesting.

You could make a list based on talent or trajectory, I suppose. Mahomes should be top 5 in that. But top 5 greatest QB's of all time RIGHT NOW? He doesn't have the longevity, the accolades, or the stats to back that up. He'll probably get there, but he isn't there yet.

• Like (+1) 1

If the qualifier is winning the whole enchilada, QB's can put up gaudy stats, but can they win BIG games?

Here is the list of multiple SB winners:

Tom Brady – 7 in 23 seasons 30%

Terry Bradshaw – 4 in 14 seasons 29%

Joe Montana – 4 in 16 seasons 25%

Troy Aikman – 3 in 12 seasons 25%

Roger Staubach – 2 in 11 seasons 18%

Bob Griese – 2 in 14 seasons 14%* [DNP in Super Bowl]

Jim Plunkett – 2 in 15 seasons 13%

John Elway – 2 in 16 seasons 12.5%

Eli Manning – 2 in 16 seasons 12.5%

Peyton Manning – 2 in 18 seasons 11%

Ben Roethlisberger – 2 in 18 seasons 11%

But....

Bart Starr – 2 in 6 seasons he played during SB era 33%, also 3 NFL titles in 10 seasons 30%, so 5 titles in 16 seasons 31%

and the aforementioned Otto Graham 4 AAFL and 3 NFL titles in 10 Seasons.

Edited by BearNorth

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

I'll give you points on Brady's longevity. I just think Montana was better. Remember, he took an underperforming Chiefs team to the AFC Championship against the Bills. 

I mean Brady took an underperforming Bucs team to a SB.

He went to 10 Superbowls and has won more SB than any single team. 

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

Left Rodgers off??? Dan Marino was not better than Aaron Rodgers…smh

rodgers will be a footnote in the history of the nfl in 12-15 years like kelly, favre, testeverde, and many others.

i'd rank eli over him because eli could perform when it mattered.

57 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I mean Brady took an underperforming Bucs team to a SB.

He went to 10 Superbowls and has won more SB than any single team. 

brady rode a defense for another ring. 

6 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Even Joe Montana himself would laugh at your post.

I agree, but can't we all agree on something?  The consensus around the league and among NFL fans, for quite a long time prior to the current era, was that the "best of all time" was Joe Montana. 

He had that mystique as a multi-SB winer, the guy who could always mount the last second comeback, and was very calm and smooth under pressure.

Like during the Bills SB era and later, people talked of Montana as the non plus ultra of quarterbacks.

Then a whole bunch of really good ones emerged and now it's more of a conversation.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Dan Marino is probably the best pure passer of all time! 

Dude was miles ahead of Jim Kelly.

I’ve seen Marino the great choker in the playoffs.  “Mr I Don’t Need a Running Game”

and then he would cry that he didn’t have one.  He was in accurate in the playoffs and blamed others for it.  There’s was always an excuse for him.  He had one playoff win away from Miami in his entire career.  ONE.

Best pure passer?  Maybe if someone is feeling nostalgic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I agree, but can't we all agree on something?  The consensus around the league and among NFL fans, for quite a long time prior to the current era, was that the "best of all time" was Joe Montana. 

He had that mystique as a multi-SB winer, the guy who could always mount the last second comeback, and was very calm and smooth under pressure.

Like during the Bills SB era and later, people talked of Montana as the non plus ultra of quarterbacks.

Then a whole bunch of really good ones emerged and now it's more of a conversation.

I have Joe firmly in the number two spot.

I have Brady above all, then Joe, and then it’s debatable.  Right now I would go with Johnny U at the number three spot.  As legendary as he is, people tend to forget how he revolutionized the position.

1 minute ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I’ve seen Marino the great choker in the playoffs.  “Mr I Don’t Need a Running Game”

and then he would cry that he didn’t have one.  He was in accurate in the playoffs and blamed others for it.  There’s was always an excuse for him.  He had one playoff win away from Miami in his entire career.  ONE.

Best pure passer?  Maybe if someone is feeling nostalgic.

If it wasn't for the Bills, then Marino probably has a ring or two. The Dolphins could never get past the Bills. The Kelly-Marino years were some of the best battles in the NFL at that time.

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Dan Marino is probably the best pure passer of all time! 

Dude was miles ahead of Jim Kelly.

I can't see anyone but a serious Bills homer even trying to debate this.  Kelly's not even a top 10 QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.