Compare Josh Allen to Tom Brady

GreggTX

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Josh doesn’t know when to take the underneath pass, unlike Brady,the success of Brady tells the tale, 

(cincybillsfan evidently disagrees with me)  

JA17 really needs to be more like Brady and use more shorter, easy passes.  Never saw the GOAT being reckless with the ball.  Maybe he never had to.  It’s many small paper cuts vs fling it and sling it.  Both do their thing better than most - but Tom’s thing (aka - “system”) gets better results.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Brady - more accurate, better pre snap and post snap when it comes to reading defenses, faster processor, less mistake prone.

Allen - more mobile, stronger arm, better off script, stresses a defense more with his legs

Intangible wise they're similar.  Hard worker, ultra competitive, excellent leadership qualities.  Teammates will go to war for them.

Best comparison I've read!  Brady did get assistance that I don't think Josh will ever see, like coaching and league perks/calls etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

I think its pretty clear that Brady could not thrive in any offensive system but I don't think he's overrated. Nothing wrong with being a pocket passer especially when you're that good at it. 

I was trying to troll the Pats fan...he didn't fall for it sadly, but still was fun hoping he'd take the bait! 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Mahomes has lived in the AFC Championship game (5 straight), so if any QB threatens Tom’s 7 rings it’ll be him. But he has to win next Sunday to make it less arduous of a feat.

There’s this fallacy that Josh gave the Bills a huge discount on his contract and it’s simply not true. It was a fair deal to both parties at the time it was signed. Made him the 2nd highest paid QB in the league to Mahomes. Chiefs actually got a much better deal provided that Pat stays healthy for the 10 years and doesn’t ask to renegotiate his contract. Comparing the deal at the time to deals now signed 2 and 3 years later is off base.

I’ll never forget what the OC of the Pats said when Brady stepped in his 2nd year after Bledsoe got hurt. He said that when Brady went into the lineup, the offense was much more machine-like. His play calling became easier, more stuff worked. Brady wasn’t setting the world on fire stats wise, but he was unflappable and still processed the game at a higher level than Josh does today. Brady was better than Josh Allen in their first 5 years, regardless of what the stats say. He also wasn’t asked to be the entire offense which helped, but he made the plays he needed to make to not only send the Patriots to the SB, but actually win the whole thing. To suggest Allen is a superior QB is homerism and I love Allen, he’s just far more Favre and Roethlisberger than he ever was Brady. 

It is not homerism to say that during his first 5 seasons Allen was a better QB then Brady during his first 5 seasons.  Brady had a much superior team and coaching which is why he won Super Bowls.

And yes Allen did give the Bills a discount.  He could have played hardball with Bean & the Bills like Jackson currently is.

• Disagree 2

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Allen has never been suspended for cheating and Teflon™ Tom has been and should have been more often.

Zebras have never made up a rule to help Allen and Zebras have for Teflon™ Tom.

Allen has never had a slumber party for his 80+ fans and Teflon™ Tom has.

Allen never divorced his pregnant wife and Teflon™ Tom has.

Allen has never faked retirement and Teflon™ Tom has.

Allen never forced head coach to be moved upstairs and Teflon™ Tom has.

I can continue for pages or just add one to thread every day.

Over time rules change would pretty much qualify 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It is not homerism to say that during his first 5 seasons Allen was a better QB then Brady during his first 5 seasons.  Brady had a much superior team and coaching which is why he won Super Bowls.

And yes Allen did give the Bills a discount.  He could have played hardball with Bean & the Bills like Jackson currently is.

You must not have watched the games. Allen’s first 5 years was not on Brady’s level in his first five. No objective thinker would believe otherwise. Yes, it is pure homerism and if you took this ridiculous take to anyone in the NFL, including Josh, you’d be laughed at.

And as far as hardball? That would mean Allen would’ve had to hold out for more than Mahomes. Which was only slightly more. Need I remind you Allen set a record at the time for guarantees. There was no discount, no matter how much you believe there was. It was a fair deal for Allen.

Allen replaced Mahomes as having the most total guarantees in an NFL contract. Money completely unsecured, that becomes fully guaranteed at a later date, is not considered in the total guarantees calculations.  

Mahomes trails Allen at every juncture in new money despite his extension averaging $2 million more per year. This is because Mahomes' contract is backloaded. High-end NFL contracts are usually frontloaded because of the lack of full guarantees.  

With Mahomes' deal, 43.9% of new money is in the first five new contract years (2022 through 2026) while $252.25 million of the $450 million (56.1%) is in the final five new years for an average of $50.45 million per year. In a neutral deal, one that's neither frontloaded or backloaded, 50% of Mahomes' new money or $225 million would be in the first five new years.  

Allen's deal is structured more conventionally. At the halfway point of his extension (after the first three new years), Allen has 53.47% of his new money. 

Allen is the new NFL standard after the first three, first four and first five new years. At each of these respective points Allen's extension averages $45,981,802, $44,111,351 and $43,289,081 per year. Obviously, beating Mahomes after six new years was a necessity for Allen's camp considering his extension averages $50,000 more per year. 

There's a pretty big gap in cash flow favoring Allen until the sixth new year. In fact Allen's cash through two years is nearly $4 million more than Mahomes' after three years. Mahomes barely tops Allen in cash flow at this point thanks to making $59.95 million in 2027. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-comparing-patrick-mahomes-and-josh-allen-contracts-making-them-nfls-highest-paid-players/

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Allen has never been suspended for cheating and Teflon™ Tom has been and should have been more often.

Zebras have never made up a rule to help Allen and Zebras have for Teflon™ Tom.

Allen has never had a slumber party for his 80+ fans and Teflon™ Tom has.

Allen never divorced his pregnant wife and Teflon™ Tom has.

Allen has never faked retirement and Teflon™ Tom has.

Allen never forced head coach to be moved upstairs and Teflon™ Tom has.

I can continue for pages or just add one to thread every day.

He was not married to Bridget  and they broke up before she knew she was pregnant so while he was dating Gisele they found out he was gonna be a dad.  They seem ok co parenting without changing minds about breaking up as a couple.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.