Compare Josh Allen to Tom Brady

GreggTX

Say what you want but Brady would never have signed for 40-45 million a year like Josh did. I'm not saying Josh is greedy by any means, but one of the reasons beyond Tom and Bill that made the Patriots so good was that he was signing contracts that were half the price of the other top flight QB's so that they could consistently field very good teams and win championships. Here we are looking at the salary cap and Josh's hefty price tag wondering were we can find some money to sign players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I can't believe how angry some fans still are about Brady's unrivalled success. Why? Brady has nothing to prove to anyone. He has more SB rings than anyone else and it's likely that record will not be seriously challenged in your lifetime. I have nothing but respect for what he's accomplished. I hope Josh will be the one to match those rings. Let's hope.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I can't believe how angry some fans still are about Brady's unrivalled success. Why? Brady has nothing to prove to anyone. He has more SB rings than anyone else and it's likely that record will not be seriously challenged in your lifetime. I have nothing but respect for what he's accomplished. I hope Josh will be the one to match those rings. Let's hope.

Josh is what 26 or 27? He has zero rings right now. He won't get 7 and probably not even close to it. I doubt you will see a 20-year run like the Pats had ever again. From a "winning" standpoint I hope Josh can have a career like Ben. Win a couple of Super Bowls. Win a bunch of divisional titles. Have a decent amount of regular season and playoff success with an overall winning record.

NFL players picking the best in the game today.

NFLPA on Twitter: "NFL players are honoring the best in the game. We've got the Top 5 players at their position–voted on specifically by those who play their position + those they line up against. See who made the #PlayersAllPro Top 5 https://t.co/oKCRkIC3nf https://t.co/5UwgFG5rJ7" / Twitter

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh doesn’t know when to take the underneath pass, unlike Brady,the success of Brady tells the tale, 

(cincybillsfan evidently disagrees with me)  

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

They are just stylistically so different in how they play the position, it's very difficult to compare. If I want to watch a football game glued to the edge of my seat wondering what fireworks display of mouth dropping magnitude I'm about to see next, I'm only wanting to watch Josh play, I know that much. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Say what you want but Brady would never have signed for 40-45 million a year like Josh did. I'm not saying Josh is greedy by any means, but one of the reasons beyond Tom and Bill that made the Patriots so good was that he was signing contracts that were half the price of the other top flight QB's so that they could consistently field very good teams and win championships. Here we are looking at the salary cap and Josh's hefty price tag wondering were we can find some money to sign players.

Allen gave the Bills a big discount just like Brady gave the Pats.  It's likely that by the end of summer Allen won't even be in the top 10 highest paid QB's in the NFL.

And Brady was no where as good in his first 5 seasons as Allen is today.  Brady was NOT the reason for those early NE SB wins - their D and running game was.

As a Bills fan this constant passive/aggressive sniping at Allen gets old.

3 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Tom Brady is a system qb and was hugely overrated.

Yup.  He can only play QB in the system of offense.  Put him at Safety and he probably couldnt make a high school squad.  

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wow! Brady never divorced a pregnant woman. Only divorce he has is from Giselle who definitely  wasn’t pregnant. he broke up with a woman BEFORE she told him she was pregnant, and no not the same thing. 

80 for Brady is a movie and not real life. Lol

made up what rule? I know the league created a rule after Brady tore his ACL when they hit him at the knees.. but the REFS never made up a rule, that’s just not true.

very hard to compare Allen to Brady, 2 vastly different styles of playing the QB position. I’d say his style would be closer to Big Ben. That so both Big men very hard to bring down with a strong arm. 

The league never proved he cheated. Not going into the silly deflated football garbage again. The only reason they won ON APPEAL in court was because the CBA allows the commish to suspend a player for any reason he wants.. 

botched surgery like Michael? You sound more and more like a butt hurt fan of a team he owned. 

Don't forget the tuck rule.

• Like (+1) 1

Mahomes has lived in the AFC Championship game (5 straight), so if any QB threatens Tom’s 7 rings it’ll be him. But he has to win next Sunday to make it less arduous of a feat.

13 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen gave the Bills a big discount just like Brady gave the Pats.  It's likely that by the end of summer Allen won't even be in the top 10 highest paid QB's in the NFL.

And Brady was no where as good in his first 5 seasons as Allen is today.  Brady was NOT the reason for those early NE SB wins - their D and running game was.

As a Bills fan this constant passive/aggressive sniping at Allen gets old.

There’s this fallacy that Josh gave the Bills a huge discount on his contract and it’s simply not true. It was a fair deal to both parties at the time it was signed. Made him the 2nd highest paid QB in the league to Mahomes. Chiefs actually got a much better deal provided that Pat stays healthy for the 10 years and doesn’t ask to renegotiate his contract. Comparing the deal at the time to deals now signed 2 and 3 years later is off base.

I’ll never forget what the OC of the Pats said when Brady stepped in his 2nd year after Bledsoe got hurt. He said that when Brady went into the lineup, the offense was much more machine-like. His play calling became easier, more stuff worked. Brady wasn’t setting the world on fire stats wise, but he was unflappable and still processed the game at a higher level than Josh does today. Brady was better than Josh Allen in their first 5 years, regardless of what the stats say. He also wasn’t asked to be the entire offense which helped, but he made the plays he needed to make to not only send the Patriots to the SB, but actually win the whole thing. To suggest Allen is a superior QB is homerism and I love Allen, he’s just far more Favre and Roethlisberger than he ever was Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

My comparison is pretty straightforward. Josh is less consistent, but more spectacular.

How would you compare the two?

My comparison is straight-forward, too ... Brady has 10 SB appearances (winning 7 of them) and Allen has zero SB appearances.  Until Allen accomplishes something other than great stats, that's all the comparison that is needed.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

My comparison is pretty straightforward. Josh is less consistent, but more spectacular.

How would you compare the two?

There is almost no basis for a comparison between the two.

Totally different quarterbacks.

The guy playing in Cincinnati is a much better comp for Brady.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.