Chinese spy balloon over Montana?

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Shut up!

China Expresses 'Strong Discontent' Over Balloon Shootdown, 'Retains the Right to Respond Further'

By Bob Hoge

92d72db1-3725-482a-9079-3d7df588cb45-860

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/02/04/china-expresses-strong-discontent-over-balloon-shootdown-retains-the-right-to-respond-further-n698875

👆This is what happens when Trump let at least three balloons slide on his watch and did jack about it.

#winning 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Shut up!

China Expresses 'Strong Discontent' Over Balloon Shootdown, 'Retains the Right to Respond Further'

By Bob Hoge

92d72db1-3725-482a-9079-3d7df588cb45-860

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/02/04/china-expresses-strong-discontent-over-balloon-shootdown-retains-the-right-to-respond-further-n698875

We should just shrug our shoulders and say we have no clue what weird weather event caused their balloon to burst over our coastline, but we'll be sure to let them know if we find anything out from the data recovered from the debry.

I mean if we're all just going to be peddling bull####.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Holy crap...my insomnia is pure gold tonight. Kari Lake, ready to do her part by shooting down a balloon at 60,000 feet...from the ground...with a shotgun. Twitter conversation is hilarious, as you might imagine.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hyperbole&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Seems like you might be a touch simple so thought I would help out. You’re welcome. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I await the WH announcement the balloon incident demonstrates the dangers of climate change and white supremacy.

No secure borders, no secure airspace, no more America with these clowns.  And it's only going to get worse.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I await the WH announcement the balloon incident demonstrates the dangers of climate change and white supremacy.

No secure borders, no secure airspace, no more America with these clowns.  And it's only going to get worse.

“No more America”

wtf does this even mean

53 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's been great to see all the leftist commie PPP posters who only visit PPP from time to time, rush back here in the last 24 hours to downplay the actions of the CCP.

You guys aren't commies or those who support them. No not at all.

Nah, we just trust in our military which is saying that it’s not a big deal: https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3288543/f-22-safely-shoots-down-chinese-spy-balloon-off-south-carolina-coast/

• Haha (+1) 2

FTA:

Senator Rubio had this to say:

Well, I can assure you that if we fly a balloon over China, they’re going to shoot it down – and probably a lot sooner than we did. But I think there’s an important thing to understand, it’s that there’s intelligence value to what this balloon did — that’s why they have them, that’s why they’ve used them. And we’ll learn more about that here in the days to come, especially as we’re briefed on it.

But there’s a symbolic issue at play here – this is not a coincidence that this thing traversed the United States over sensitive military sites leading up to Blinken’s – what was scheduled to be his visit to China. This is deliberate, they did this on purpose. They understood that it was going to be spotted, they knew the US government would have to reveal it – that people were going to see it over the sky – and the message they were trying to send is what they believe internally, and that is that the United States is a once-great superpower that’s hollowed out, that’s in decline. And the message that they’re trying to send the world is, “Look, these guys can’t even do anything about a balloon flying over US airspace. How can you possibly count on them if something were to happen in the Indo-Pacific region? You’re going to count – how can you count – if they’re not going to do anything about a balloon over US airspace, how are they going to come to the aid of Taiwan or stand with the Philippines or Japan or India…when the Chinese move on their territory?” So, I think that that’s really the key part here, is that they knew exactly what they were doing and there was a message behind it.

Karl then pushed back a bit, pointing out that the balloon was ultimately shot down, to which Rubio responded:

Yeah, and I think they understood that ultimately that would probably be what could happen, and then they’d make this other statement, “Oh, the US is overreacting, it’s just a weather balloon, look how silly they got” – that’s part of it as well. But what they know the world is going to see is you have a balloon that entered through Alaska, traversed everywhere from Idaho, Montana, across the Midwest, over some of the most sensitive – I mean, look at the flight path that this thing took. It’s not coincidental. It went over ICBM fields, some of the most sensitive military sites we have, and then exited the southeast seaboard of the United States and then into the ocean.

So, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered: When was it spotted? Why was it not brought down sooner over other areas? I’m open-minded to listening to the arguments they make about why wasn’t it dealt with sooner. But my point about – you asked about China’s comments – this is…this is what they wanted the world to see – that they could send a balloon at 60,000 feet over US airspace, over military facilities, and that we would be unable to stop it. And then ultimately, when we shoot it down – if we did – they would argue, “Look how they overreact to a weather balloon,” which is obviously not what it is.

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/02/05/not-a-coincidence-senator-marco-rubio-on-the-timing-of-the-chinese-spy-balloon-and-blinkens-planned-visit-n698963

FTA:

This victory lap by the administration and its allies is like a football team losing 28-3 and celebrating that they kicked a field goal as time expired. China was obviously testing our resolve and fortitude to be able to act decisively. Biden, and by extension, the United States, failed that test. Whether China actually received any valuable data on its spying mission (likely), is of secondary importance in analyzing the situation.

No one in China’s government thought, “let’s lazily float a balloon across the United States and no one will notice.” This was a planned provocation and a very clear one. Had the United States shot it down over Alaska, it would have sent a signal that our leaders aren’t going to compromise national security to avoid standing up to the Chicoms.

Instead, the balloon was allowed to finish its mission. Given that, Biden’s superfans look absolutely ridiculous sharing “Dark Brandon” memes and presenting this conclusion as heroic and decisive. It was not heroic and decisive to sit around for a week before finally making a move. China punked us again, and the common denominator remains the current President of the United States.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/02/05/dark-brandon-returns-in-desperate-attempt-to-gloss-over-joe-bidens-weakness-n698932

• Agree 1