Top Dawg of AFC Joe Mixon points gun at woman, arrest warrant issued $$UPDATE$$ Charges dismissed

Process

I am a full believer in you reap what you sow. Mixon is going to catch quite a bit at some point in his life, in various ways I would imagine, that will be retribution for his actions. It's just a matter of time. 

43 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Did they drop the charges yet?

o-j-simpson-trial-books.jpg

Yes his agent said they are expecting they will drop the charges. So he was right, the cops can't do anything to him. Feel bad for the victim 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2023/02/02/bengals-mixon-wanted-by-police-accused-of-pointing-gun-at-woman/69868541007/

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes his agent said they are expecting they will drop the charges. So he was right, the cops can't do anything to him. Feel bad for the victim 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2023/02/02/bengals-mixon-wanted-by-police-accused-of-pointing-gun-at-woman/69868541007/

His mom is saying he didn't do it. 

His lawyer is saying it was a "rush to judgement" and that "charges will be dropped first thing on [Friday] morning". 

It's Friday morning and I'm still waiting on news that charges are being dropped. 

28 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sorry but as of the current news cycle he has NOT been arrested.   An warrant for his arrest has been issued  but he has not been arrested and there is some chatter they might drop the charges so asserting he has already been arrested is wildly over reaching.

This changes everything 

26 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

There is no way that he will face these charges. The Bengals are kings of this town because Cincinnati is starved for a winner. Here's a picture of the Hamilton County prosecutor 

326832280_894723501675981_1868675491034599620_n.jpeg

That looks like a picture from 1985...

As for Mixon, I have to think it's probably much ado about nothing. 

For one, I think we've all had a situation where someone has accidently accused us of pointing a gun into someone's face and threatening them, and in the end it's all just a misunderstanding. 

Secondly, Mixon is the LAST person who would ever harm (or threaten to harm) a woman.

This just doesn't add up....

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

This reads a lot like "the payment came through"

The request to drop the charge against Joe Mixon is coming from the city prosecutors office. Hamilton County Municipal Court Presiding Judge Curt Kissinger tells Newsradio 700 WLW that he will dismiss it but only after he is sure that the alleged victim in the case has been notified. The reason that the prosecutor asked for dismissal has not been given but the agent for Mixon has said that police rushed to judgement in the case that reportedly involved a road rage incident downtown. The agent says cops should be held to a higher standard and shouldn't be playing with peoples lives and reputations like that. The aggravated menacing charge was brought after a woman said Mixon pulled a gun on her and threatened her at 3rd and Walnut. It isn't clear if she has recanted that claim or if a private settlement was worked out between the parties.

I think the above should read "it isn't clear if she has recanted that claim AFTER a private settlement was worked out between the parties"

I wonder how many of these incidents get swept under the rug because a "private settlement is worked out between the parties" before charges get filed.

Where's that Bengals fan @Caesar to tell us that Joe Mixon is a sober and godly youth who is kind to kittens and carries the groceries for little old ladies in between church services?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.