2023 Running Back Depth Chart: You Choose

Rigotz

Who do you want to add to the RB room in 2023?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to add to the RB room in 2023?

• Re-sign Devin Singletary (~$5.5M)
    • Draft an RB in the 1st to 2nd Round
    • Draft an RB in the 3rd to 4th Round
    • Draft an RB in the 5th to 7th Round
    • Saquon Barkley (~$12.3M)
    • Josh Jacobs (~$12.8M)
    • Damien Harris (~$7.1M)
    • Kareem Hunt (~$7M)
    • Rashaad Penny (~$6M)
    • Jamaal Williams (~$5M)
    • D'Onta Foreman (~$3.5M)
    • Samaje Perine (~$3M)
    • Raheem Mostert (~$2.2M)
    • Alexander Mattison (~$2.2M)
    • Other (please specify)

With Devin Singletary set to become a free agent, I thought it might be interesting to highlight available free agents and provide a variety of options via poll.

If you don't see an option you like, please add in the comments.

I'll go first. I think we need a running back with pass blocking and short distance skill set, with some pass catching ability as a bonus.

These players are available in late rounds and free agency, but I'm picking a known commodity and adding Samaje Perine at an estimated $3M/Yr.

What's your choice?

(All free agent market value projections taken from Spotrac)

• Agree 2

A few other options I didn't include in the poll, but might be considered:

- Tony Pollard ($9M)

- Miles Sanders ($7.2M)

- Mark Ingram ($2.5M) 

- D'Ernest Johnson ($2.5M)

- Darrel Williams ($1.5M)

- Jeff Wilson ($3M)

- Dontrell Hilliard ($2M)

- Kenyan Drake ($2M)

- James Robinson (RFA $3.8M)

8 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

With Devin Singletary set to become a free agent, I thought it might be interesting to highlight available free agents and provide a variety of options via poll.

If you don't see an option you like, please add in the comments.

I'll go first. I think we need a running back with pass blocking and short distance skill set, with some pass catching ability as a bonus.

These players are available in late rounds and free agency, but I'm picking a known commodity and adding Samaje Perine at an estimated $3M/Yr.

What's your choice?

(All free agent market value projections taken from Spotrac)

Why wouldn't you just roll with Cook and Hines and an UDFA or two? Perine is an absolute JAG.

If we draft another RB, it may actually kill me.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

The more I think about it, the further into this era we get….I think I want a pretty legitimate philosophical and mentality change. I know it won’t happen and I’m sure I’m wasting my words. I want to shift to extreme balance. I want to see what this team looks like with an exceptional run game. I know it won’t be popular, I know exactly what everyone will say. I think our only path to a championship, is with current Josh Allen skill set and a dominant run game. Considering everything. I think that’s our best path to finishing one of these things off. I don’t want to be the chiefs at this point. I want us to be the Eagles. I want a dominant, tone setting physical style on both sides of the ball. And I want an all world RB to take a ton of the load and attention off of our QB. This throwing every down isn’t for me and in Buffalo weather, it’s not sustainable. We aren’t going to beat the chiefs and bengals at their A game. They are better at that than us. Let’s branch off and be the team that’s different and have both an excellent passing and excellent rushing game. Make the other team defend the entire field, every snap, every game. Not just air raid. I want a top 5 RB in the nfl to be the A#1 going forward. Don’t worry about what people think.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The more I think about it, the further into this era we get….I think I want a pretty legitimate philosophical and mentality change. I know it won’t happen and I’m sure I’m wasting my words. I want to shift to extreme balance. I want to see what this team looks like with an exceptional run game. I know it won’t be popular, I know exactly what everyone will say. I think our only path to a championship, is with current Josh Allen skill set and a dominant run game. Considering everything. I think that’s our best path to finishing one of these things off. I don’t want to be the chiefs at this point. I want us to be the Eagles. I want a dominant, tone setting physical style on both sides of the ball. And I want an all world RB to take a ton of the load and attention off of our QB. This throwing every down isn’t for me and in Buffalo weather, it’s not sustainable. We aren’t going to beat the chiefs and bengals at their A game. They are better at that than us. Let’s branch off and be the team that’s different and have both an excellent passing and excellent rushing game. Make the other team defend the entire field, every snap, every game. Not just air raid. I want a top 5 RB in the nfl to be the A#1 going forward. Don’t worry about what people think.

The Eagles are dominant because they have a dominant defense AND run game. They also DON'T have a top 5 RB. Maybe not even a top 10.

The time to build as the Eagles is over.

27 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

A few other options I didn't include in the poll, but might be considered:

- Tony Pollard ($9M)

- Miles Sanders ($7.2M)

- Mark Ingram ($2.5M) 

- D'Ernest Johnson ($2.5M)

- Darrel Williams ($1.5M)

- Jeff Wilson ($3M)

- Dontrell Hilliard ($2M)

- Kenyan Drake ($2M)

- James Robinson (RFA $3.8M)

I'd take a shot at Sanders 

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Hines is a must cut with his current contract. I don't see why he would take a paycut, but hopefully he does.

He currently has zero guaranteed money for next year in his contract.

I wouldn’t assume he’s cut. It’s in both the Bills and his best interest to try to restructure the deal first.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I voted to draft but only if Bijan Robinson is there. If not, then punt the pick for more

Bijan is the player the Bills need the most from this draft IMO.  In other words, I believe Bijan would make the Bills better than any other in this draft

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why? Why would you not keep working? We are about to drastically overhaul the defense personnel wise

Keep working?

Here's how the Eagles built this Super Bowl team.

They have a QB making 2% of the cap.  They have a really good WR2 who is a star on a rookie deal. They have a WR1 who they traded a FRP for and signed to a mega deal. They have a RB1 on a rookie deal.

They have the best RT in football being paid accordingly.  Darius Slay, who they traded for, is making 11% of their cap on his mega deal. Bradberry is on a 1 year deal.

They have an aging group of ProBowlers (Kelce, Cox, Graham) who all took shorter term contracts for one last ride.

What similarities do you see between them and us heading in 2023?  They WENT for it this year. This offseason, Kelce and Cox will likely retire, Graham will be voided, and they will lose a bunch of their guys.

We don't have the cap space or luxury of a star-studded cast. Slay/Bardberrys' is better than our CB's.  Josh is better than Hurts, but he may not be $50M better than Hurts. Every single OL player on their team is better. Their DL is better. Their WR group collectively is better. Their RB group is better.

The only place we are better than the Eagles today is QB, WR1 and FS.  That's why they are in the Superbowl, and we are talking about cheap OL signings in FA.

"Just build a great team" isn't a strategy. It's a pipe dream.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.