Joe Danna named Bills safety coach

Draconator

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just seems odd that the position coach who had to deal with injuries to Hyde, Poyer and then the Hamlin situation, is the ONLY coach on staff to be fired. 

the cincy game was enough of a coverage failure to justify the firing imho.  

there were other games too and it happened last season.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Haha…he was a 2 year starter in college…at WR. This feels like one of our former coaches moving from WR coach to QB coach. Whatever I guess…

I mean from the tweet it seems he's been a defensive coach the last decade maybe definitely a DB/safety coach the last 5 years, that may be more relevant than his 2 years as a WR in college?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean the guy has coached some pro-bowlers.  But mainly as a DB Coach with guys like Revis and Jalen Ramsey.    Has some versatility in terms of both zone and man schemes and at the very least has coached in the NFL.   Salgado did a great job while he was here, but he had never coached at the NFL level before coming here.  He had the advantage of having both Hyde and Poyer here.    My guess is McDermott is looking for someone with more pro experience because the safety room is about to get a lot younger.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.