Make your choice: Bills next future

Italian Bills

On 2/2/2023 at 2:13 PM, John from Riverside said:

I just want the one thing that we haven’t had yet

But I understand there’s steps to get there

Why could Sean Mcvay Zac Taylor and Nick Siriani get to skip so many steps to get to the Super Bowl?

On 2/2/2023 at 8:02 AM, Italian Bills said:

Hi fellas. 

Moat of us here is a diehard Bills fan since very long time, fans that went through everything… and that went through the big drought. 

After the four SB appearances we had year of nothing… entire seasons where we were irrelevant, where from sept to dec we knew the Bills were a joke. 

No talent, no strong ownership, no great coaches, no nothing. 

WE DIDN’T LITERALLY HAD DREAMS AND AMBITIONS. 

Then we drafted 17 and everything changed. We finally started to believe again and dream again. WE AGAIN ARE A CONTENDER. 

But unfortunately, till now, we didn’t get there. But we enjoyed great seasons, from sept to jan. 

Every year we enjoy 16 (before) and 17 (now) games where every weekend we know we start like favorite almost in every game. 

But then the playoffs come and we fall short… and so our dreams and we got frustrated again. 

And here is the question, you have to make a choice: 

- keep on having great regular seasons, always be in a 15-2 to 13-4 range, so for four months you c*m almost every week, but then you fell shot

- finally win the SB but after that become irrelevant again for 8-10 years, with loooong seasons, before becoming a contender again ? 

What’s your pick ? 

IT’S A GAME, take it that way please, just curious about your opinion.  🙂

Win. SuperBowl don’t care what happens after. Just like the Cubs!

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

They bought them selves the Super Bowl
Like him or hate him beane doesn’t do it that way is obvious philosophy is more at bats means more chances

The Rams are one and done

they made two super bowls with two mediocre QBs. They started that run with nothing. No reason to think McVay can't do it again. 

On 2/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I’m guessing you are a whole lot younger than me. 

Well that all depends on what you consider old . Old is not as i once viewed it that's for sure !! I can remember the day when i thought 30 was old shoot that's just a pup now !! 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:34 AM, Dopey said:

I enjoy when we’re good. Not so much when we’re not. I have absolutely no control over the team and treat it that way. Life is good for me, win or lose. 
Reminder: it took Andy Reid 21 years to win a SB. He’s been a HC for 23 years.  That’s borderline Schottemheimer territory. Would anyone here take that? Please remember this when comparing McDermott to him. 
Sean Payton : 15 yrs coaching the saints and made it to 1 SB. Would anyone here be ok with that here? If yes, give McDermott time. I am. 

Some can point to Sean Mcvay. Rams were horrible last season and probably won’t be good for a while. 

You had me here at first. Then I got stuck.

I like when we are good. It's a lot of fun

But it's more enjoyable when we are not great, and just good. It's frustrating, sure but it's less than being great and losing. We went through years with Tyrod and Fitz where it was just fun and we could get into the games. Less BS around us and we still cheered.  No expectations. Just us fans. I really enjoyed those years.

When we could go anywhere and have a chance it was fun. Now we go everywhere and expect to win so when we don't it's ***** 

My take: Stick with the long term plan. We hit on 2 very strong drafts over a 3 year period and pull off our 1st Lombardi in a year where the injuries aren't too bad. Maybe we win a couple SB's over the course of 5 or 6 years. For years before and several after, we remain highly competitive, missing the postseason just a couple times or so. During Josh's career, we have to undergo 1 rebuild after our worst season in a while. That seems plausible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.