Make your choice: Bills next future

Italian Bills

Hi fellas. 

Moat of us here is a diehard Bills fan since very long time, fans that went through everything… and that went through the big drought. 

After the four SB appearances we had year of nothing… entire seasons where we were irrelevant, where from sept to dec we knew the Bills were a joke. 

No talent, no strong ownership, no great coaches, no nothing. 

WE DIDN’T LITERALLY HAD DREAMS AND AMBITIONS. 

Then we drafted 17 and everything changed. We finally started to believe again and dream again. WE AGAIN ARE A CONTENDER. 

But unfortunately, till now, we didn’t get there. But we enjoyed great seasons, from sept to jan. 

Every year we enjoy 16 (before) and 17 (now) games where every weekend we know we start like favorite almost in every game. 

But then the playoffs come and we fall short… and so our dreams and we got frustrated again. 

And here is the question, you have to make a choice: 

- keep on having great regular seasons, always be in a 15-2 to 13-4 range, so for four months you c*m almost every week, but then you fell shot

- finally win the SB but after that become irrelevant again for 8-10 years, with loooong seasons, before becoming a contender again ? 

What’s your pick ? 

IT’S A GAME, take it that way please, just curious about your opinion.  🙂

• Sad 1

Your initial scenario was Any Reid's entire career until Mahomes...so, I'd say that if a good HC keeps getting good QBs and planning, strategy, coaching, culture, etc. they will eventually win the Super Bowl. To your question, it's easy to say Super Bowl today because we've watched three consecutive great seasons and missed the one win that gets that monkey off the back. But, when you watch 20 years of mediocre to putrid football, and every Sunday / Monday you're hoping for a good team to be enjoyable to watch and get dog excrement, you also see the virtue of watching a good to great team play excellent football, find ways to win, make big plays and have fun for most of those weekends, even if it means a win or two in the playoffs only to exit early. 

So, I'll take option one in this game, but in reality I truly believe if option one is reality, it eventually leads to option #2. 

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Agree 2

I enjoy when we’re good. Not so much when we’re not. I have absolutely no control over the team and treat it that way. Life is good for me, win or lose. 
Reminder: it took Andy Reid 21 years to win a SB. He’s been a HC for 23 years.  That’s borderline Schottemheimer territory. Would anyone here take that? Please remember this when comparing McDermott to him. 
Sean Payton : 15 yrs coaching the saints and made it to 1 SB. Would anyone here be ok with that here? If yes, give McDermott time. I am. 

Some can point to Sean Mcvay. Rams were horrible last season and probably won’t be good for a while. 

• Like (+1) 3

Let me see 17 year play off drought, meaningless seasons, bad HC's, bad supporting staff, bad front office, bad ownership decisions .

Play offs most every season, AFC east Championships, chance of going to the Super Bowl each season, above average front office, winning percentage to rival all time winningest coach in franchise history & franchise stability that got us a new stadium  .

Well it kind of seems like a no brainer to me plus if we take the later of these 2 i would hope the day will come that we can add a SB to that list . 

• Like (+1) 4

We either sucked or were in 7-9 purgatory for the vast majority of 17 years. I came through that just fine. Give me a Lombardi and then 8-10 years of anonymity. We'll always be able to have and talk about "our year" just like the 1972 Dolphins. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, T master said:

Let me see 17 year play off drought, meaningless seasons, bad HC's, bad supporting staff, bad front office, bad ownership decisions .

Play offs most every season, AFC east Championships, chance of going to the Super Bowl each season, above average front office, winning percentage to rival all time winningest coach in franchise history & franchise stability that got us a new stadium  .

Well it kind of seems like a no brainer to me plus if we take the later of these 2 i would hope the day will come that we can add a SB to that list . 

I’m guessing you are a whole lot younger than me. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I just want the one thing that we haven’t had yet

But I understand there’s steps to get there

How many Goddamn steps?  It's been sixty ***** years!

Give me the Super Bowl ASAP and I don't care if Josh retires the next day and the Bills suck for a decade.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Gregg said:

Give me the Super Bowl championship season and I will have no problem going thru a long rebuild after that.

Yeah, the Rams may have had a lousy season but they have the Super Bowl trophy from last season to cherish forever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.