Exactly what does the Head Coach do????

Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, boater said:

If you don't like McD, we could invite Rex Ryan back. Or we could hire Lovie Smith.

Diss him if that floats your boat. It would be a better thread if you posed viable options.

Could we invite the next Sean McVay or Nick Siriani, or Zac Taylor instead? 

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

Could we invite the next Sean McVay or Nick Siriani, or Zac Taylor instead? 

I suppose that's possible.

How can you tell that you're interviewing the next Sean McVay, or Nick Siriani, or Zac Taylor?

I'm sure Cleveland thought they were interviewing the next coaching rock star several times the last decade. So did the Broncos.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/2/2023 at 8:50 AM, GunnerBill said:

Overall performance is on the Head Coach and the General Manager. They are the ones who built this flawed roster and they are the ones responsible for some of the flawed strategies that we saw employed. 

I am not yet at the point where I am firing a regime that has won 41 games regular and post season in the past 3 years and has strong underpinning analytics to. But they own the failures and there comes a point (and while I think it is slightly reactionary I understand some being there) when those failures in the clutch override all of the analytics and the wins. 

I am not for firing coordinators as scapegoats either, consistent with my position. This on Sean and Brandon for good and for bad.

Like you said, the buck stops with Beane & McDermott, the real question is do those two have the capacity to see their flaws and make the appropriate changes. At present imo, it’s 60/40 against them changing what and how they go about their business, I do hope I’m wrong on this, 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Like you said, the buck stops with Beane & McDermott, the real question is do those two have the capacity to see their flaws and make the appropriate changes. At present imo, it’s 60/40 against them changing what and how they go about their business, I do hope I’m wrong on this, 

They're a coming back so all we can do is hope they have learned from their mistakes. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.