How many teams can Singletary start on

NastyNateSoldiers

On 2/3/2023 at 2:59 PM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

U really like that scrub don’t you? U really want him back? U don’t want to get better there? That’s absolutely amazing to me! Are u really a Bills fan I mean real Bills fan because a real Bills fan wants more wants better for his team. Not arguably the worst running back I ever seen in a Bills uniform and I’ve been watching since 1988.. This is an organization that has multiple hof running backs and multiple pro bowl backs and this is the guy u want? U must really enjoy watching our franchise QB run himself into a wall a few times a game maybe next time he breaks his elbow not just sprain it! 

Worst running back to ever suit up for the Bills? What did you just become a fan last year ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Worst running back to ever suit up for the Bills? What did you just become a fan last year ? 

I agree with you, thats just absolutely not true.  He wasn't even the worst running back on the team last year!!! That would probably fall to Zack Moss.

Mike tolbert... 

Frank Gore....

Reggie Bush...

Tashard Choice....

Chris Ivory....

Bryce Brown...

We can do this all day. 

Comparing his numbers to CJ spiller... Spiller gained more yards 3321 to 3151, but had fewer TDs 12 to 16.  Also spiller fumbled 17 times to singletarys 13.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/2/2023 at 6:20 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Spotrac has his value at around 5.5 mil per season . I would be shocked if he signs for that much in a off-season with a strong draft class as well as a strong free agent class. Which leads me to this question how many teams value a average back as much as we do? Here’s what I came up with. 

I came up with a whopping zero for teams he can start for when excluding the Bills . There’s even some teams he can’t even be the bkup on. If Barkley leaves the Giants let’s see how much Daboll thinks about him because that might be the only team I can think of and that’s only because there familiar with Singletary .  At end of the day Singletary is a 43/50 ranked bk in this league I can easily think of 10 teams that have 2 better bks then him. So Singletary u better hope the Bills resign u because your about to be bkup in this league at best. 

$5.5m per year?! 

Consider that Raheem Mostert got a 2 year deal for that amount of money with like $2 mill guaranteed. Yeah, he has an injury track record and is 31, but he also had a great season last year. This RB market is depressed.

On 2/3/2023 at 2:59 PM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

U really like that scrub don’t you? U really want him back? U don’t want to get better there? That’s absolutely amazing to me! Are u really a Bills fan I mean real Bills fan because a real Bills fan wants more wants better for his team. Not arguably the worst running back I ever seen in a Bills uniform and I’ve been watching since 1988.. This is a organization that has multiple hof running backs and multiple pro bowl backs and this is the guy u want? U must really enjoy watching our franchise QB run himself into a wall a few times a game maybe next time he breaks his elbow not just sprain it! 

This, in a world where bad takes abound, might be the worst one yet.  I've been a fan since 1960 son, so settle down when you start talking about worst ever of anything Bills related.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I agree with you, thats just absolutely not true.  He wasn't even the worst running back on the team last year!!! That would probably fall to Zack Moss.

Mike tolbert... 

Frank Gore....

Reggie Bush...

Tashard Choice....

Chris Ivory....

Bryce Brown...

We can do this all day. 

Comparing his numbers to CJ spiller... Spiller gained more yards 3321 to 3151, but had fewer TDs 12 to 16.  Also spiller fumbled 17 times to singletarys 13.  

Antowain Smith was pretty bad. He only had 1 good season 

29 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Mike tolbert... 

Frank Gore....

Reggie Bush...

Tashard Choice....

Chris Ivory....

Bryce Brown...

We can do this all day. 

Reggie Bush had -.3 YPA for the Bills in 2016.  I'm pretty sure that broke a record.

• Shocked 1

On 2/2/2023 at 7:29 AM, ArtVandalay said:

Not many, any team he does start for has a RB problem. He's under sized and has some of the worst physical traits of any RB in size, speed, strength. I know people will scoff at that but it's measurable and an undeniable fact. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/devin-singletary

Any other team in our division he would be the 3rd RB. Many other teams like Chicago have two better backs. And he's not good as a receiver so that severely limits him. 

Looking around the league I don't see a single team that he could be lead back for unless there was personnel change. Only close option might be Arizona, maybe?

I hope a dumb team gives him a good chunk so we don't resign him. He's a waste of space on an explosive offense. Addition by subtraction. 

He is 5' 7" and 203 lbs...that is fairly common for an RB weight wise, if not slightly heavier than some. Not really undersized.  He is also a fantastic in pass pro, probably top 5-10 in the NFL.

He could start on any of the teams that needs a dependable RB, he's been consistent in the amount of yards he gained each year & he's been of the most part injury free so what team wouldn't want a decent RB with his history ?

But if the guy that came from the Lions that led the league in TD's last year didn't get $5 mill a year there's no way Motor get's that !! 

On 3/17/2023 at 10:45 AM, Big Turk said:

He is 5' 7" and 203 lbs...that is fairly common for an RB weight wise, if not slightly heavier than some. Not really undersized.  He is also a fantastic in pass pro, probably top 5-10 in the NFL.

It's not, that's false. You can click the link i provided he's bottom percentile across the board at RB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.