How many teams can Singletary start on

NastyNateSoldiers

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

Just a visual for the homers trying to defend Singletary and his horrendous athletic profile, here is a radar chart of his athletic profile just to illustrate how laughable it is. 

This is why I call him Dingleberry.

He has no place on an explosive offense, he hinders the offense. Needs to go.

Screenshot-20230203-142821-Chrome.jpg

Damn real bud , people need to get there eyes checked here . I’ve been trying to say this for the longest here. Thanks for the graph that shows just how below average Singletary really is. Btw I call SingleyardperCarry! That’s what u get when u need him most not some Sunday in the middle fall I’m talking about January football the man gets ghost! 

4 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

If our system doesn’t support a great back u should be crying instead of laughing hate to ruin your day again. lol

We rotate backs and I don't see that changing anytime soon. How many backs hit 1600 yards in the 2022 season? 1 maybe? Plus between Allen,  Cook and Singletary we rushed for over 1600. Get an OL together, and give Cook and Singletary a few more snaps and between the two you'll get your 1600 yards plus. Maybe we should just use what we have better, instead of beating up on them. 

4 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

We rotate backs and I don't see that changing anytime soon. How many backs hit 1600 yards in the 2022 season? 1 maybe? Plus between Allen,  Cook and Singletary we rushed for over 1600. Get an OL together, and give Cook and Singletary a few more snaps and between the two you'll get your 1600 yards plus. Maybe we should just use what we have better, instead of beating up on them. 

U really like that scrub don’t you? U really want him back? U don’t want to get better there? That’s absolutely amazing to me! Are u really a Bills fan I mean real Bills fan because a real Bills fan wants more wants better for his team. Not arguably the worst running back I ever seen in a Bills uniform and I’ve been watching since 1988.. This is a organization that has multiple hof running backs and multiple pro bowl backs and this is the guy u want? U must really enjoy watching our franchise QB run himself into a wall a few times a game maybe next time he breaks his elbow not just sprain it! 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

U really like that scrub don’t you? U really want him back? U don’t want to get better there? That’s absolutely amazing to me! Are u really a Bills fan I mean real Bills fan because a real Bills fan wants more wants better for his team. Not arguably the worst running back I ever seen in a Bills uniform and I’ve been watching since 1988.. This is a organization that has multiple hof running backs and multiple pro bowl backs and this is the guy u want? U must really enjoy watching our franchise QB run himself into a wall a few times a game maybe next time he breaks his elbow not just sprain it! 

I do like him. He's a good solid player, good teammate and is pretty much always available. Is he elite? No. But still a good player. To give a little perspective.  You said 1600 yds. Josh Jacobs had 1653 or 4.9 ypc (career of 4.4). Your arguing over about .2 of a yard difference per carry between them(7.2 inches). I'd give up the 7.2 inch difference than pay nearly double the cost for Jacobs.

Of course I want our running game to be better,  but, I think it would be improved more with upgrades to the OLine than it would be getting a new RB. A new running back is not going to protect Allen any better than Singletary.

As for Allen. Get a respectable OLine so he isn't running for his life every few plays. (BTW he wasn't running when he hurt his elbow and maybe having a better line would have helped). A different RB is not going to stop Allen from running nor will it stop designed running plays.

Since 88? Nice. So you were one of the early bandwagon fans. Sorry you missed the 70s when we got our butts kicked regularly. Glad your Fandom started on a positive note.

Here's a little advice. Don't EVER question a person's "Fandom" just because they don't agree with you. It comes across as childish and kind of pathetic.

PS. If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't pay Singletary 5.5m and even if he stays, I'm still looking for a bigger back in the late rounds or UDFA.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/2/2023 at 7:20 AM, Lfod said:

He might as well just change to a WR.

based on?????????? the whopping 38 catches he had this year lol hes a slightly above average starter at RB, and worthless as a pass catching back

39 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I do like him. He's a good solid player, good teammate and is pretty much always available. Is he elite? No. But still a good player. To give a little perspective.  You said 1600 yds. Josh Jacobs had 1653 or 4.9 ypc (career of 4.4). Your arguing over about .2 of a yard difference per carry between them(7.2 inches). I'd give up the 7.2 inch difference than pay nearly double the cost for Jacobs.

Of course I want our running game to be better,  but, I think it would be improved more with upgrades to the OLine than it would be getting a new RB. A new running back is not going to protect Allen any better than Singletary.

As for Allen. Get a respectable OLine so he isn't running for his life every few plays. (BTW he wasn't running when he hurt his elbow and maybe having a better line would have helped). A different RB is not going to stop Allen from running nor will it stop designed running plays.

Since 88? Nice. So you were one of the early bandwagon fans. Sorry you missed the 70s when we got our butts kicked regularly. Glad your Fandom started on a positive note.

Here's a little advice. Don't EVER question a person's "Fandom" just because they don't agree with you. It comes across as childish and kind of pathetic.

PS. If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't pay Singletary 5.5m and even if he stays, I'm still looking for a bigger back in the late rounds or UDFA.

his production is fine for our offense, "fine" in the way women use that word lol at his current expiring contract its fine.... however, hes going to want a better deal (as he should). we can replace that production with a rookie if we dont believe Cook can handle primary carrying role. if they think he can, im cool with that too. address the OL, and if theres a back in 5th or later we feel like we need, im cool with that too

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

based on?????????? the whopping 38 catches he had this year lol hes a slightly above average starter at RB, and worthless as a pass catching back

his production is fine for our offense, "fine" in the way women use that word lol at his current expiring contract its fine.... however, hes going to want a better deal (as he should). we can replace that production with a rookie if we dont believe Cook can handle primary carrying role. if they think he can, im cool with that too. address the OL, and if theres a back in 5th or later we feel like we need, im cool with that too

Probably the reason I've been divorced for 20 years. Couldn't quite get the "Fine" thing.😉. He did have a 76% catch rate. I wish some of our WR could have gotten that.😱.

Most people are talking about the money and not specifically the play of Singletary (myself included).

Can we get similar play from a rookie for less money. Maybe, definitely cheaper.

Can we get better play for the same money (FA), I'm not so sure.

Does spending more money mean we will get more production (FA),  I doubt it.

I'm "Fine" with drafting a player to replace him (money), I'm just not confident that we would get any more production than we have with Singletary. Especially without fixing the OL.

So, I have some questions that I go back and forth on. Maybe you can help.

If another team is willing to pay him 5m (just a number) for his skills and production,  why is he not worth 5m to the Bills? We drafted him, great teammate does everything asked of him, knows the system, been healthy and available etc. Why is he worth more to someone else? What happened to draft and sign your own?

On 2/2/2023 at 6:20 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I think he’s a product of the system and he sees more 6 man boxes then anyone in league by far. He doesn’t get the work because he’s not good enough and doesn’t garner the respect of opposing defenses. He’s a average back and doesn’t deserve the money spotrac believes he’ll get

I'll be honest,  at this point I think you are wrong. 

This coaching staff has proven they pre determine what they are going to do and don't adjust. 

Cook and Singletary could have been a deadly duo this year. The OC just decided he was going long 70% of the time before week 1.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Your perspective on YPC is not a good one If Singletary played for the Raiders he won’t put up the numbers he puts up lining up next to Josh Allen but I can guarantee u this if Jacobs played next to Allen watch the F out!

Also if u believe one size fits all then Gabe Davis is best Wr in the NFL even better then Tyrek because his yds per catch is higher . U can’t just break it down to yards per carry stats just like u can’t break it down to YPC for Wrs there’s a ton of variables that are included . 

I’m glad we both agree that Singletary is not worth the 5.5mil per and that we need a bigger faster stronger back for this team and I also fully agree with improving our Oline that’s even more important then the RB spot in my opinion . But who says we have to choose 1 why can’t we get better in both categories. I truly believe if we had a running game that puts fear into teams that would even be better for us then adding another stud Wr. Having that balance between running and passing is what’s missing from this team and I’m not taking about 50/50 run pass I’m talking about balance as in being great at doing both . We can still throw the ball 35/40 times a game but putting defenses in a bind as far as what we’re going to do with ball is what interests me most. It opens up everything RPOs , play action , bootlegs and even the deep pass . I’ve been watching football a long time and the worst thing u can do to a defense is run at will against them. Defensive coaches hate it and will stop at nothing to stop them from getting gashed over and over again they know it’s demoralizing to there defense and it will wear them out .  

On 2/3/2023 at 10:38 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Here’s the problem your looking for 1000 yd rusher im looking for 1600yd rusher. Singletary can get 1000 but is he capable of putting up elite stats absolutely not!  We need better and u and the rest of our fan base should want better also. 

Finally something we agree on its McBeane just look at all the backs they’ve brought in since they been here look at all the Oline man all jags! 

a disconnect between Beane and O philosophy this year perhaps.
Pay a guy 4.5 and dont use him.
Draft a guy to run and catch and dont throw to him out of the backfield with swings screens etc

does this tell us anything about how The Offense wants to play football and use RBs? yes it does
No wonder Kromer doesnt know how to coach these guys up. They are not all Pass Protect linemen and scramble technicians.

honestly everyone looks a little crappy in this years system

• Agree 1

On 2/2/2023 at 6:49 AM, Lagoon Blues said:

Though not a top tier back, I do think that his ranking is partially due to the offensive scheme.  Only my opinion of course but I believe he is a slightly better back then you give him credit for.

its funny you say only slightly and how many people give the op bad credit on this post. RIGHT NOW? what teams does he start for? right now?

• Thank you (+1) 1

My wife hates when people slam Devin! 

On 2/2/2023 at 7:09 AM, dave mcbride said:

I just compared him with a random “name” running back, Joe Mixon. 

Over his career, Singletary has 13 fumbles on 817 touches, and he had 3 this year: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00.htm

Mixon, on the other hand, has 6 fumbles on 1,545 touches, and he had zero this year. In fact, he has had 3 seasons with zero fumbles: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MixoJo00.htm

I told this to my wife... Her reply: "Oh! Is that the guy who pulled a gun on a lady!"

😆 

On 2/3/2023 at 6:33 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

He’s a bkup playing starter for the Bills we will all see what his value is this off-season and how many teams see him as a starter on there teams. I’m willing to bet he doesn’t get a starter job and doesn’t get near that 5.5 mil yearly average spotrac has him earning.  Then we’ll see the respect he has of his peers. 

You cannot definitively say that, he plays well, with good balance, rarely taken down with first hit and has deceptive wiggle. He’s behind a subpar line, which is it? The line or the back? I think Singletary has shown enough to say it’s more the line, that’s my opinion. He may be seen in the open market as backup, maybe. That is also potentially a reflection of his Oline. You talk like you know without a shadow of a doubt, and you can’t know. Come down off your high horse. 

On 2/2/2023 at 7:29 AM, ArtVandalay said:

Not many, any team he does start for has a RB problem. He's under sized and has some of the worst physical traits of any RB in size, speed, strength. I know people will scoff at that but it's measurable and an undeniable fact. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/devin-singletary

Any other team in our division he would be the 3rd RB. Many other teams like Chicago have two better backs. And he's not good as a receiver so that severely limits him. 

Looking around the league I don't see a single team that he could be lead back for unless there was personnel change. Only close option might be Arizona, maybe?

I hope a dumb team gives him a good chunk so we don't resign him. He's a waste of space on an explosive offense. Addition by subtraction. 

Are there any starting RB in the league shorter than 5’8”?

On 2/2/2023 at 7:15 AM, StHustle said:

Without looking I’m pretty sure he has been a top 10-15 rb in terms of YPC since he’s been in the league. Hard to get your “motor” going when you only average 6-7 touches a game.

Yeah, without looking it up, I can say with certainty that averaged far more than 6-7 touches per game.

He's decent low-end RB1 or high-end RB2, but he just wasn't reliable enough his time here.

He is clearly not a top 10 guy but his shiftiness was never used properly by Bills. He is a top end blocking RB and did well in small places, which is needed with this O line. I would put him right in the 15-20 best running back in NFL and he has shown it by being in top 15 rishing yards for a RB since 2019, and the only guy above him with less carries is Lamar Jackson. Dude is a good RB, just not elite and will never be a game changer for us.

2 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Yeah, without looking it up, I can say with certainty that averaged far more than 6-7 touches per game.

He's decent low-end RB1 or high-end RB2, but he just wasn't reliable enough his time here.

ok so maybe 10 touches. Still not enough to get in any groove…an still stayed in the top 15 since he’s been in the league based off over 50 eligible backs

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2023 at 6:20 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Spotrac has his value at around 5.5 mil per season . I would be shocked if he signs for that much in a off-season with a strong draft class as well as a strong free agent class. Which leads me to this question how many teams value a average back as much as we do? Here’s what I came up with. 

I came up with a whopping zero for teams he can start for when excluding the Bills . There’s even some teams he can’t even be the bkup on. If Barkley leaves the Giants let’s see how much Daboll thinks about him because that might be the only team I can think of and that’s only because there familiar with Singletary .  At end of the day Singletary is a 43/50 ranked bk in this league I can easily think of 10 teams that have 2 better bks then him. So Singletary u better hope the Bills resign u because your about to be bkup in this league at best. 

Spot on ! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/3/2023 at 5:42 PM, artmalibu said:

In fairness it DS,  I dont think the team has a good run scheme.  

That said I dont think he is a true #1 back, but would sure like him as the #2. 

The team's run scheme is inside zone, outside zone stretch, quarterback counter bash. That's really it. Not enough. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.