How many teams can Singletary start on

NastyNateSoldiers

4 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Every back gets hit in bkfield this is no excuse and yes ask any back they would rather see light boxes and play next to an elite QB then have a good Oline and see constant 8 man fronts . I would love to see how good Singletary is when he plays for a crappy team like the Panthers or Texans he would average 3yds a carry. I can’t understand this love affair with him he’s awful and never shows up when u really need him. He has a 2.7yds per carry average the last 2 playoff losses in KC and he fumbled in one of those games.  He’s not the back that’s gonna help this team get to the next level we need better I can’t understand why people don’t understand this. 

Of course any back would like a light box, I'm sure most would also like to average more than 10 carries a game. Give him an OL and a chance to get there.

You can't just pick 2 games (loses at that) against KC and use it as a "Fact" to try and argue your position. The least you could do is use recent or career stats, but I guess that wouldn't help your case. Why not 4.6 over the last 2 playoff games THIS season or 4.7 over his career?

I get it, you don't like Singletary. That's your opinion.  Some of us think he is better than he gets credit for. That's my opinion.  To each their own. But at least use numbers fairly and don't just pick random ones cause they fit your opinion. 

24 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Of course any back would like a light box, I'm sure most would also like to average more than 10 carries a game. Give him an OL and a chance to get there.

You can't just pick 2 games (loses at that) against KC and use it as a "Fact" to try and argue your position. The least you could do is use recent or career stats, but I guess that wouldn't help your case. Why not 4.6 over the last 2 playoff games THIS season or 4.7 over his career?

I get it, you don't like Singletary. That's your opinion.  Some of us think he is better than he gets credit for. That's my opinion.  To each their own. But at least use numbers fairly and don't just pick random ones cause they fit your opinion. 

My point is he doesn’t rise to The occasion. 

25 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Also like I said touches are earned not just given if he was let’s say a Dobbins type back or Chubb or some other players he would command more of a work load. U earn your touches in this league whether your a RB, Wr or any other positions u have to earn it! Singletary has not earned it …

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s not because of Devin, that’s because we just don’t run much

It's a combo of both, IMO.  Not using him and teams focused on other aspects of our offense, that are better than Motor.

Motor bought value when he was on a rookie contract.  Now that he is going to cost something $3-$5.5m per year, he needs replaced with a cheaper option.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s not because of Devin, that’s because we just don’t run much

It's a combo of both, IMO.  Not using him and teams focused on other aspects of our offense, that are better than Motor.

Motor bought value when he was on a rookie contract.  Now that he is going to cost something $3-$5.5m per year, he needs replaced with a cheaper option.

47 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

My point is he doesn’t rise to The occasion. 

Also like I said touches are earned not just given if he was let’s say a Dobbins type back or Chubb or some other players he would command more of a work load. U earn your touches in this league whether your a RB, Wr or any other positions u have to earn it! Singletary has not earned it …

And I disagree. I think he does everything he is asked to do in the system we run. Blocks, catches and gets 4.6+ yards a carry while splitting carries in a rotation. Give him 15+ carries a game, a respectable OL and he's a 1,000+ yd rusher. He's earned more touches, we just don't give them to him like we should.

• Agree 1

If Devin is a fringe NFL player and only seeing meaningful snaps due to organizational incompetence, what does that say about Cook?  RB is the easiest position on the field to transition to out of college and Cook is struggling to separate himself.  Hines can't get on the field.  Are we doomed?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

And I disagree. I think he does everything he is asked to do in the system we run. Blocks, catches and gets 4.6+ yards a carry while splitting carries in a rotation. Give him 15+ carries a game, a respectable OL and he's a 1,000+ yd rusher. He's earned more touches, we just don't give them to him like we should.

Here’s the problem your looking for 1000 yd rusher im looking for 1600yd rusher. Singletary can get 1000 but is he capable of putting up elite stats absolutely not!  We need better and u and the rest of our fan base should want better also. 

34 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If Devin is a fringe NFL player and only seeing meaningful snaps due to organizational incompetence, what does that say about Cook?  RB is the easiest position on the field to transition to out of college and Cook is struggling to separate himself.  Hines can't get on the field.  Are we doomed?

Finally something we agree on its McBeane just look at all the backs they’ve brought in since they been here look at all the Oline man all jags! 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

DS is mediocre, but he's light years ahead of Cook.  Cook runs like he's in mud.  He's just got zero acceleration.  There was a play against the Bengals where the right edge was sealed beautifully and it looked like a big play, but it took Cook forever to get to the edge and he got buried for a two yard gain.

Both RBs have inflated YPC numbers because Josh gets the short yardage carries.  Those numbers are fool's gold.

Edited by Billl

So I always circle around to how would motor do if we didn’t have a franchise QB, and he had to carry the load

My answer to this always ends up being not well now some of this is not his fault. The team is not built as it’s currently constructed to knuckle down and grind out a touchdown on the ground win a good defense is game planning to stop it motor has always had the benefit of being able to run against light boxes.

Just now, Billl said:

DS is mediocre, but he's light years ahead of Cook.  Cook runs like he's in mud.  He's just got zero acceleration.  There was a play against the Bengals where the right edge was sealed beautifully and it looked like a big play, but it took Cook forever to get to the edge and he got buried for a two yard gain.

All the speed queens in this thread are going to love watching Cook go down at first contact.  Something tells me their tune will quickly change to "its the offensive line, stupid!" next year.  But for now they keep beating the drum of waste premium assets on a RB.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You're not being mean, you're just not getting the concept.

It's clear that you don't get this, and I absolutely can't understand why. It's not rocket science.

Number of 100 yard games correlates much better with number of carries given than they do anything else. They're far more about play calling than RB talent.

Only on this board is Singletary anything more than an average back that simply cannot and should not be replaced.  

You think he's a better running back than Donta Foreman?  Based on what exactly?  "Adjusted stats", meaning stuff that never happened, but could possibly under the right circumstances.

You're making this harder than it needs to be.  I have eyes.  I can see.  Devin Singletary is an average running back and his spot on this team should be upgraded.  

End of story.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Cook isn't struggling to separate himself.  Anyone with eyes can see he's the more dynamic back.  He isn't getting the opportunities his play on the field warrants.  

We have a coaching staff with no imagination.  A coaching staff that thought Isaiah McKenzie was worth keeping over Isaiah Hodgins who is now tearing it up with the Giants.  A coaching staff that, instead of giving Shakir a chance, went out and signed a semi-retired, past prime Cole Beasley.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:15 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Again he sees light boxes and again he’s not built to carry any loads for long stretches of the season. Part of the reason he has a higher per carry is because he’s not getting many Carrie’s. He’s a average back nothing about him jumps out at u . He’s small but not fast not strong not nothing just a jag. 

So what?  So do lots of backs. Show me one team that really plays to stop the run on a consistent basis and I will show you a team that probably has 4 or 5 wins.

Edited by Big Turk

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Here’s the problem your looking for 1000 yd rusher im looking for 1600yd rusher. Singletary can get 1000 but is he capable of putting up elite stats absolutely not!  We need better and u and the rest of our fan base should want better also. 

Finally something we agree on its McBeane just look at all the backs they’ve brought in since they been here look at all the Oline man all jags! 

LOL. In our system. LOL. You made my stomach hurt. LOL... 1600 yards. LOL... At least know I know why you are down on Singletary. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Thanks, been a rough day at work, I really needed this. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Please no more today.🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 2/2/2023 at 8:28 AM, Johnnyp566 said:

Love him but it’s time to move on. Let Cook take over and have an explosive element on the field at all times by pairing him with another explosive back. 

would love to draft a thumper to pair Cook with.  No more short-yard runs for Allen.  Get an Ingram/Kamara thing going.  First, I think the OL needs to be repaired, or all the backs and QBs get crushed.  

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

So what?  So do lots of backs. Show me one team that really plays to stop the run on a consistent basis and I will show you a team that probably has 4 or 5 wins.

A statical fact that the Bills have seen the most light boxes in the league the last 3yrs. On top that Singletary has the luxury that teams are watching for Allen taking off and running he should be much better then he is. All I’m saying is I want better much better then what Singletary offers . The rest of u should also. 

• Agree 1

Just a visual for the homers trying to defend Singletary and his horrendous athletic profile, here is a radar chart of his athletic profile just to illustrate how laughable it is. 

This is why I call him Dingleberry.

He has no place on an explosive offense, he hinders the offense. Needs to go.

Screenshot-20230203-142821-Chrome.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

LOL. In our system. LOL. You made my stomach hurt. LOL... 1600 yards. LOL... At least know I know why you are down on Singletary. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Thanks, been a rough day at work, I really needed this. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Please no more today.🤣🤣🤣🤣

If our system doesn’t support a great back u should be crying instead of laughing hate to ruin your day again. lol

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

If our system doesn’t support a great back u should be crying instead of laughing hate to ruin your day again. lol

Handing the ball off to a RB versus Allen keeping it is always a win for the defense. Trust me, they would love nothing more than for us to keep handing it off.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.